the origin of ryaca

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

the origin of ryaca

Post by Nahgus »

long ago in ages past i was born in ashdown village. i grew up living a very simple life and my family lived as well as we could but we made ends meet and we had each other and it was enough for us. i married my childhood sweetheart when i became of age and we loved each other fiercely. she was the love of my life. together along with her father we purchased a shipping business in ashdown village. we also purchased several ships. this took everything we had financially and we faced many struggles but eventually our business grew and we shipped supplies to many of the cities and villages in ft. we mainly traveled to distant lands and purchased goods and imported them back to the land of ft but we also dabbled in the export business as well. during this time my wife became pregnant and we were overjoyed and looked forward to our future. many months passed and we were very anxious of the new arrival to our family. on the night of our newborns birth my wife became very ill and sick with fever. we prayed to the gods that she and the baby would be safe. an omen seemed to settle in the dark clouds and it began to storm. my wife died during labor delivering our child and i was devastated. unfortunately this was not the only bad omen to come my way that night. as i was holding my wife and weeping hysterically the midwife informed me that my child had also died. we buried them the next day and i was lost in a daze. my father in law told me to take some time off from the family business to grieve and he would keep an eye on things. around this time a guild of pirates known as the flying skeletons began to hijack some of our ships when they would return bearing many goods. this proved a very difficult obstacle for us. i hired a local militia and lead a three ship hunt for these pirates. we ultimately found them on an island to the west. we ambushed them during the night and killed many of them but also left some alive to tell the tale and send a message. their leader vowed that they would have there revenge. we sailed home and i felt empty having killed for the first time. around this time i started spending much time at the brass monkey tavern and i discovered a very useful liquid called ale. i drank every day and night and for once i could have peace from grieving over the loss of my wife and child even if only temporary. i would spend weeks staying at the tavern only to return home when my father in law called on me. i began gambling and fighting and would recklessly spend gold as if i cared for nothing in the world. my father in law eventually grew tired of this and cut ties with me leaving me my share of the profits that i had helped make. he hired a new ship master in my place. little did he know that the ship master was a spy hired by the flying skeletons. thru him they learned of all of the outgoing ships map routes and the end began for our once thriving shipping business. the ships started being hijacked and then the crews were slaughtered and the ships were sunk. before long no one would dare brave the ships anymore and my father in law lost his business. as if that wasnt enough the flying skeletons confronted him in one of our warehouses one night and demanded to know my location. he refused to tell them and they tortured him and eventually killed him. they burned his warehouses down and he and his business was no more. i returned to ashdown village and arranged for a funeral. his family cursed me and cursed the day i met my wife. they said i brought death to everyone around me. they moved from ashdown and my family was shamed and they also moved. i remained behind wracked with guilt and tormented by ghosts of my past began drinking myself into oblivion. i will continue with my tragic tale soon.
Ryaca_1 is retired
Khmer

Re: the origin of ryaca

Post by Khmer »

Nahgus wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:48 am long ago in ages past i was born in ashdown village. i grew up living a very simple life and my family lived as well as we could but we made ends meet and we had each other and it was enough for us. i married my childhood sweetheart when i became of age and we loved each other fiercely. she was the love of my life. together along with her father we purchased a shipping business in ashdown village. we also purchased several ships. this took everything we had financially and we faced many struggles but eventually our business grew and we shipped supplies to many of the cities and villages in ft. we mainly traveled to distant lands and purchased goods and imported them back to the land of ft but we also dabbled in the export business as well. during this time my wife became pregnant and we were overjoyed and looked forward to our future. many months passed and we were very anxious of the new arrival to our family. on the night of our newborns birth my wife became very ill and sick with fever. we prayed to the gods that she and the baby would be safe. an omen seemed to settle in the dark clouds and it began to storm. my wife died during labor delivering our child and i was devastated. unfortunately this was not the only bad omen to come my way that night. as i was holding my wife and weeping hysterically the midwife informed me that my child had also died. we buried them the next day and i was lost in a daze. my father in law told me to take some time off from the family business to grieve and he would keep an eye on things. around this time a guild of pirates known as the flying skeletons began to hijack some of our ships when they would return bearing many goods. this proved a very difficult obstacle for us. i hired a local militia and lead a three ship hunt for these pirates. we ultimately found them on an island to the west. we ambushed them during the night and killed many of them but also left some alive to tell the tale and send a message. their leader vowed that they would have there revenge. we sailed home and i felt empty having killed for the first time. around this time i started spending much time at the brass monkey tavern and i discovered a very useful liquid called ale. i drank every day and night and for once i could have peace from grieving over the loss of my wife and child even if only temporary. i would spend weeks staying at the tavern only to return home when my father in law called on me. i began gambling and fighting and would recklessly spend gold as if i cared for nothing in the world. my father in law eventually grew tired of this and cut ties with me leaving me my share of the profits that i had helped make. he hired a new ship master in my place. little did he know that the ship master was a spy hired by the flying skeletons. thru him they learned of all of the outgoing ships map routes and the end began for our once thriving shipping business. the ships started being hijacked and then the crews were slaughtered and the ships were sunk. before long no one would dare brave the ships anymore and my father in law lost his business. as if that wasnt enough the flying skeletons confronted him in one of our warehouses one night and demanded to know my location. he refused to tell them and they tortured him and eventually killed him. they burned his warehouses down and he and his business was no more. i returned to ashdown village and arranged for a funeral. his family cursed me and cursed the day i met my wife. they said i brought death to everyone around me. they moved from ashdown and my family was shamed and they also moved. i remained behind wracked with guilt and tormented by ghosts of my past began drinking myself into oblivion. i will continue with my tragic tale soon.
Not sure if I dislike or like you, I lean towards the later, you are a character that's for certain, the world needs your character :ugeek:
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

Is a nice tale i enjoyed :)
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

continued from part 1

i once again settled into drinking most of my nights and days away as i did before. so consumed with guilt rage anger and thoughts of revenge was i. i just felt so overwhelmed and powerless to even try to exact revenge on the flying skeletons. if only there was just a way. one night while drinking at a local tavern in ashdown village i was approached by a hooded stranger wearing a cloak. he looked like one of those rangers. dangerous folk that wander the wilds of the wilderness. he knew who i was but i had never seen this man before. he explained to me that he had once been the proud owner of a shipping company to the southeast. his company like mine was also destroyed by the flying skeletons and his family was slaughtered. he informed me that he was working on a plan to put an end to these pirates once and for all but he needed more time. in the meantime he asked if he could hire me to do some scouting for him. being broke and needing gold i accepted thinking it would be easy pay. little did i know that this was not the case. he told me that the flying skeletons had overtaken the orc mines and were mining resources there using the orcs as slaves. he asked me to scout the territory and report back to him my findings. i asked how i could find him and he replied that he would find me. with that he left the tavern. later that night i headed south to the stone ruins above the orc mines. i saw a figure moving nearby and i attempted to hide from him when i stumbled and fell. when i looked up the biggest smelliest orc i had ever seen was looming over me. its a good thing that i didn't need to use the restroom. he immediately begged me for help and asked if i would help him free his kinfolk from the mines. not being a skilled fighter i told him i couldn't. he told me that if i helped i would be free to help myself to their treasure room. this peaked my interest. after all what kind of treasure was in that room. i agreed to help but told him i did not have any soldiers to help me. he informed me that the ogres that dwelt in the caves to the east in the snowlands had once shared a truce with the orcs long ago and that i may be able to convice the ogres to help us. the orc also told me there were too many pirates in the caves for the orcs to fight and be victorious. he told me that i should go right away. i took his advice and was a little frightened because the ogres did not have a good reputation and had never gotten along with us humans. i remember being a child and ashdown village would gather hunting parties to fight the ogres to keep them from coming to close to the village. i swallowed my fear and entered the ogre caves. immediately i was accosted by 4 ogres that preceded to beat me and manhandle me while they searched me for loot. angry that i had no gold or gear on me i believed they intended to kill me. i told them i needed to speak to their king. they then started to drag me for a good distance and eventually threw me to the floor in a torchlit throne room. the ogre king was massive and i was consumed by fear. he told me to speak quickly and make it good or i would die. i quickly told him of the situation regarding the orcs. he thought on this for a few moments deep in thought and then told me they would help the orcs on one condition. that the orcs must submit and kneel to him and live underneath his reign. knowing the desperation of the situation i lied and told him that the orcs were desperate and that they had already agreed to this. smiling he told me to meet him at the orc mine entrance at first light. i agreed and hurried out of there and back to ashdown. while at the ashdown shop i was perusing the weapons and armors. i knew the innkeeper and struck a bargain with him to allow me a store credit until i could pay him back. while i was getting ready to leave the orc from the ruins rushed in and i told him of the ogres plans to be there at first light. i left out the part where they would have to swear fealty to the ogres. he told me they needed some clubs to prepare for the ambush. i didnt have any gold but i begged the shopkeeper and he reluctantly agreed. he may have been afraid to anger the orc. after all this was accomplished we stepped outside and i had not realized how much time had passed. i saw the light of the sun creeping over the horizon. we hurried with bundles of clubs to the mine entrance. once there i saw a small group of orcs that had managed to escape. i told them we were to wait for the ogres before we attacked. they nodded and grunted and we descended into the mines. i was supposed to wait for the ogres but i hoped they would figure that i had entered the mines already. as soon as we were below i saw several pirates whipping the prisoners to pick up the pace. when these orcs saw us they were overjoyed and began attacking the pirates. our group charged and yelled battle cries and a huge melee ensued. soon more pirates came and they started to gain the upper hand. our small group was backed into a corner. i knew that this was the end of our resistance. suddenly we heard war cries deeper in the mines. these cries restored the fight in our group and we plowed thru the pirates to join the fighting deeper within. a massive battle was taking place and i could see that the orcs and ogres outnumbered the pirates 4 to 1. when the battle was over there were many casualties from all sides. we left one pirate alive to go warn the rest of the flying skeletons that revenge was headed their way. pretty soon i heard yelling and arguing. i knew that the ogres were demanding the agreement i made be honored. all of a sudden another battle broke out and it was orcs against ogres. i tried to stay out of the way as they swung their mighty clubs. from the corner of my eye i saw a figure walking towards the battle. it was a mage that wore a red cloak bearing the sigil of the flying skeletons. i saw him chanting and then a loud boom and a blinding flash flew from his fingertips and knocked all of us off of our feet. a rumble started in the mines and an avalanche of stones began to rain down. after the smoke had cleared i realized that i was buried behind the large corridor where the battle was taking place. i was trapped. i looked to my left and saw there was a torch that must have fallen in thru the tunnel to my side of the avalanche. picking up the torch i started to shine the light around me. i noticed a passageway that i had not noticed earlier in the fighting. i began to head down this passage to the south. after awhile i started hearing a strange clicking and chirping and began to grow cautious. i knocked an arrow into my dragon bow and crept forward. then i realized what that sound was. i was in a spiders lair and my light was attracting them. these spiders were the size of wolves.

i will continue my harrowing story soon
Ryaca_1 is retired
witch

Post by witch »

Tragic story but with lots of adventures !can't wait to read the rest of the story!!! ,this is very interesting ,it dragged me in , i was 😨 biting my nails off while i was reading the battle part😁 , what's going to happen next? ,omg! Spiders burn them all !,does he find the peace he needs ? Does he find 💖 again 🙊🙈, how many adventures are there to come ?i hope he has "happily ever after "
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

😊😊😊🤗🤗I love story I should translate it
but I think its good😊😊😊
I want know what he write🙃
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Leone

Post by Leone »

Nice story:) I sometimes wonder about my ashdown neighbours
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

🤔my translates I think not good
it's sad 😶🙁😭
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

continued from part 2

as the spiders began to surround me i panicked and ran thru them as fast as i could. i felt a great pain in my leg as i ran and ignored it. eventually i tripped over some piles of bones and got hung up in a web and my torch caught the web on fire. i was slightly burned before the burning web released me and i fell to the ground. the fire began to spread rapidly throughout the spiders lair and i heard the spiders screaming. i ran as far away as i could until the great fire was barely visable to me. i suddenly started to feel dizzy and light headed and began to cling to the cave wall. i could faintly hear the spiders screams from behind me and knew that i must press on. the cave was dark now so i used the wall to guide me. i had no idea where i was going but hoped for the best. eventually i became dizzy and tired and slumped against the wall. the pain on my leg was burning now and i realized as i touched it that i had been bitten by a spider. the holes were oozing liquid from them but i could not discern whether it was blood or poison. i fought to keep my eyes open but eventually succumbed to the overwhelming blackness and lost consciousness. when i awoke i was laying in a very comfortable bed in a little hut. i called out hello and a witch came around the corner and gave me the most wicked looking smile and said finally...

i will continue soon
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

cont from part 3

when i awoke the witch was looking at me like she wanted to cook and eat me. luckily for me that wasnt the case. she told me that the wound on my leg was a nasty spider bite and that she had to use her most powerful potions to heal it. she also told me that a hooded ranger had brought me in and said that when i am better that i am to meet him in the wilderness near the pet shop. knowing that the orcs and ogres may not be happy to see me, i decided to take the western passage that would lead me to kedington village along the way. i thanked the witch and went on my way. the journey was not very eventful but my leg was sore and it was enough to keep me distracted. on my way i came upon a large stone that was actually a house and it had markings on it. the markings read property of lostknight. i had no idea who this person was but decided to continue my journey. once in kedington i passed a bunch of beehives and one of them said property of blitzcraig. i thought that this was a strange structure for a house and proceeded to the shop to purchase some supplies. the shop had everything i needed and being fully equipped and carrying some healing potions i felt a lot better. when i arrived at the pet shop it was getting late so i decided to make a camp nearby and rest for the night. i was awoken by someone shaking me and pulled out my short sword in a panic. it was the hooded ranger. he told me that the orcs and the ogres had faced many casualties on both sides and that they had both retreated and he hadnt seen or heard from them since. he said that there was a strange cloaked man asking around for me at the brass monkey tavern and that he believed it was the mage from the flying skeletons. i asked what should i do next. he told me that there was a man far to the southeast that had information for me and would be at his campsite. he said his name was nelrogg. he told me to set out at first light and then vanished into the night. i had so many questions to ask him and i still didnt even know his name. with these thoughts on my mind i drifted off back to sleep. in the morning i decided to backtrack the way i had journeyed as i wanted to avoid running into any orcs or ogres. i made my way most of the morning with no troubles when i finally reached the map with the witches shop. i continued eastward when i came upon some towers and a stairway leading underground. i thought nothing of it and continued. before i knew it i was surrounded by orcs running out of the stairs and headed my way. i pulled my bow and started shooting arrows as fast as i could. i hit one then another and a third one with direct hits. as i reached for my fourth arrow i was overwhelmed with orcs and then one raised his club high and then it came down and i saw darkness. i awoke to a bucket of foul smelling water being thrown on me. when i cleared my eyes an orc king was staring down at me. he accused me of lying to the ogres (which i did actually) and claimed that i had brought the mage that cast an enormous spell that caused the cave in. i denied these accusations but it was no use. he told me i would be given to the ogres and they would decide my punishment. i was thrown in a cell and left there alone with my thoughts. how was i ever going to get out of this?

to be continued
Ryaca_1 is retired