Players placing their pets in harms way

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Khmer

Players placing their pets in harms way

Post by Khmer »

Players that venture into high lvl areas in the attempt to acquire drops from monster they can't kill solo, understand, that YOU are placing your pets in jeopardy!

Tucked away safely with yourself as the tank and under ideal circumstance, low level ranged pets can slowly kill these monsters and the drop can be eventually acquired.

However, when this perfect set-up is disrupted by a player walking by, for example, and the pets are killed in a blink, this is NOT considered mob killing!

Players need to take responsibility for their actions, stop expecting others to clean up their mistakes and think before you act. I am not your Mother :ugeek:
madmaniacal1

Re: Players placing their pets in harms way

Post by madmaniacal1 »

A very valid point, Khmer.
If a pet cannot tank the monsters, then bringing pets there is foolish. And if a player is walking by (which CAN be seen on minimap), then a player should realize the danger and move (or logout) to protect said pets.
Pets are fragile in MANY cases. Better to die in front of them (not permanent), than to be foolish and let them die (PERMANENT).
Omnes Autem Uri
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

+1
Ryaca_1 is retired
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

What are pets best at?
Dying. Pure and simple.
Every pet is good at it.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll agree with this as the pets I've lost have surely been my own fault. There have been moments of arrogance, laziness, stupidity, ignorance, and even clumsiness that have cost me pets. If someone else is literally just playing the game without even thinking about you and your pets die, that's on you.

I do still abhor the player that will go out of his way to kill pets, but whether intentionally or accidentally you need to pay attention to those little yellow dots on the map if they do not handle red dots on the map very well. That's literally the the way to save your pets in many, many cases. Exciting dot watching, get in on it!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree with all of this.

A thought to be considered:

Some areas have minimum player levels to enter (eg: pet shop map castle). Should/could something similar be implemented for pets in specified areas of the map? I'm thinking specified areas not the entire game map.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Good thread, me and my dead pets totally agree! SellSword put it quite right: arrogance, laziness, stupidity, ignorance, and even clumsiness that have cost me pets.

Nailed me to a T with those!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Leone wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:43 am I agree with all of this.

A thought to be considered:

Some areas have minimum player levels to enter (eg: pet shop map castle). Should/could something similar be implemented for pets in specified areas of the map? I'm thinking specified areas not the entire game map.
interesting, because it might help protect a player's investment... but might also make them angry if they aren't allowed access because they spent $ on a pet... could go either way lol
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree...it certainly could. I just wonder if there are other angles we could consider.

I guess the main message as things currently stand is that pets are their owner's responsibilities. If players take their pets into areas they are likely to die quickly, then they are taking a huge risk.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

Just a warning about danger could be enough..
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR