Players placing their pets in harms way

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

cello117

Re: Players placing their pets in harms way

Post by cello117 »

for the beginning of history I am a veteran in RPG game 20 years, final fantasys, tibia and alot others. im top players in somes games. FT I have been playing around for 10 to 14 hours a day, playing at work as well. I work to have money to buy pet, sweat the T-shirt to have money and spend with pets so you call it easy? I buy ogres and I get online 5 to 8 hours straight without stopping killing mobs to level up. game 5 months FT and I'm already on lvl 1200 do you think I do not struggle? is changing the focus of my post or you did not understand the meaning, I just protested in favor of who is in lv 500 to 819 that the only option is to use the ogre. this time with the removal of the blue devils in ardesia will make their work difficult. and surely they will lose their ogres out there in a maximum of 2 days if risking. in ardesia or in humans or orcs was safe for them. I'm not complaining that the game is not from XP or something, I like the difficulty too, if I did not like it I would play a noob game with an automatic button. and I made another observation to take care of when passing by the place where there is a person going up.
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
Leone

Post by Leone »

1200 levels in 5 months?

Then I'm pleased the dark devil has been changed. Perhaps the ogre halfing should be nerfed as well?

*awaits backlash*

(Mind you, Final Fantasy 7 was amazing)
cello117

Post by cello117 »

Are you jealous, son, why do not you have a bullet in the needle to do such a feat?

yea FF7 is amazing 😍
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

I am currently sitting at level 831.
I just finished that stretch you speak of.
I used ogre halflings when I could; however I cannot afford to replace them as often as you can.
They died, and more often than I'd have liked. Sometimes I'd have to go without them for extended periods.

But guess what.
I did not grind dark devils.
Why?
Because each time I'd try, I'd get bullied by spawn blockers and pet killers (like you yourself reported publicly viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16025&p=103425#p103425 )

That's the very reason that the Dark Devil was finally adjusted.

I call it easy - yes.
It's taken me over 4 years to get to my level - albeit, I've had other focuses.
When I started back then, it took months to get to level 100, and I used to play the hours that you describe.
Now you can get to 1200. Good for you.
And you're saying it should be even easier?

@Leone
And yes, the ogre halfling is very OP - I said so from the very first time I saw them as pets.
Even the one who created them said so - he also said, they were never meant to be pets.
But, I think they have their place - they are a high risk, high reward type pet.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Leone

Post by Leone »

cello117 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:49 pm Are you jealous, son, why do not you have a bullet in the needle to do such a feat?

yea FF7 is amazing 😍
Not at all, otherwise I'd have bought the ogre halfings myself
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:16 pm
cello117 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:49 pm Are you jealous, son, why do not you have a bullet in the needle to do such a feat?

yea FF7 is amazing 😍
Not at all, otherwise I'd have bought the ogre halfings myself
Jealousy doesn't have anything to do with how quickly one levels. Obviously, someone who plays 5-8 or 10-14 hours a day is going to have a different experience and views on what is normal/easy/good/fast relative to their own experience. Others play for maybe an hour or less each day because they have other things going on in their lives.

It depends on what one enjoys doing in the game as well. I could buy 20k levels and get some balls as pets if I really wanted to, but "being high level" isn't what I enjoy playing the game. Whatever floats one's boat.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

This thread is awesome. Everyone "arguing" the same side. Lol. In truth, I agree with what's been said here, for the most part. About the hard grind over instant gratification keeping down boredom. About some things being too easy, while others get crazy hard.
Adjusting the "traitor" spawns (as described many times in many places) was a good start, as those weren't really meant to be for grinding. If the exp of those spawns had been removed, instead of the mobs changing to really weak ones, it would've been perfect.
As for halflings dying fast, "glass cannons" tend to do that. "Ghost of Ryaca" pets are the same way.

In truth, only 1 change remains, in my opinion. Double unsigned integer for exp req to next lvl. Now THAT would make lvling "fair". As it is, required exp caps at 2.147b or so.
Omnes Autem Uri
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm In truth, only 1 change remains, in my opinion. Double unsigned integer for exp req to next lvl. Now THAT would make lvling "fair". As it is, required exp caps at 2.147b or so.
Hear hear!
Would be even more funny, if those who had gained levels naturally, had to have all their xp totals recalculated to a level adjustment.
Suddenly a high level isn't so high anymore :lol:

No, that likely won't happen... but it is funny.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ cello117

Don't get me wrong, I can afford to buy pets, maybe not as many as you, but I can. I just can't for reasons explained elsewhere in the forum. If your use of ogres have helped you get to where you are in 5 month I tip my hat to you!¹

Now, had I been grinding solid 8/10 or 12 hours a day I too would probably be up where you are maybe higher. However FT is much more than just grinding and levelling or PvP. For a LONG time I mined mithril and crafted and gave away complete sets of Mithril Tools. Someone here once said that half of FT must have "LK Mithril Tools®" It was my thing, and that was a lot of time away from grinding or questing.

Helping new players than I am and then I found out a lot of the people I helped were "alts" of player MUCH more powerful that I was. So it changes 'how' I help people today, but I still take hours out of a day, at times to help others. I craft for friends or sometimes for total strangers looking for help. I too the time and gold to level a fairy to level 50 to take to Ashdown during the pirate invasion, only to find I was helping people with ogre halfling level pets steal the mob from people that actually needed and could profit from her help. She doesn't go there anymore, which is sad.

There is a social aspect about FT that I have come to like very much and it alone has helped me overcome the dislikes, PvP, cheaters, scammers and like Madmagus pointed out about a problem you had, the spawn stealing pet killers.

Trust me there are some ingame characters I'd like to vaporize their pixels, never again to respawn or brighten the screen. And I also know there are some that feel they would like to do the same to me. Just like real life, it's a two way street.

FF VII was awesome ... and 10 and 10-2 and 12 ... But a game that I wore out three dvds: Dragon Quest VIII FT-RPG reminds me of that in some aspects.

@ cello117 I close with: I wish you all the success in FT.

This is getting off topic, so I still agree with the OP!

¹ A hat tip is an act of tipping or (especially in British English) doffing one's hat as a cultural expression of recognition, respect, gratitude, or simple salutation and acknowledgement between two persons.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

MadMagus wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm In truth, only 1 change remains, in my opinion. Double unsigned integer for exp req to next lvl. Now THAT would make lvling "fair". As it is, required exp caps at 2.147b or so.
Hear hear!
Would be even more funny, if those who had gained levels naturally, had to have all their xp totals recalculated to a level adjustment.
Suddenly a high level isn't so high anymore :lol:

No, that likely won't happen... but it is funny.
I wouldn't push for "adjustment", as you put it, for the same reasons I wouldn't push for rule breakers to be released if rules changed. "It was what it was, when it was that." The change alone would even the field.
In addition, the workload to determine ground vs purchased lvls would make the "bug abuse" investigation look mild. NOBODY wants that. Lol
Omnes Autem Uri