#WeWantSpecialSkin

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: #WeWantSpecialSkin

Post by LostKnight »

↑ EDIT: ↑ I type slow, proofread, correct tpyos and then release. MadMikeal beat me while I was doing my post.
Nahgus wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:42 pm special skins given by a gm(not purchaseabe skins as these r needed to help generate money for the game) r not needed to play and consume and waste a lot of gm time[/color]
I can see Nahgus's train of thought here very clearly, and quite agree with it.

And the key: not needed to play and consume and waste a lot of gm time

Now if "special skins" became 'purchasable' skins. Different story. People have a choice of buying a "Character Skin", the current package linked to your class, or a "Mob Skin¹"

Personally I can't see my 'human' character running around looking like one of FT's monsters, dogs, cats, rats and elephants and sure as your born, a unicorn! But hey, some want them, let them buy it. Takes the "special" out of it and the people that have one now, simply have a 'purchasable' skin.

People that "lost" a special skin can now purchase it if they want it back, but it should be made clear:
  • Tom got to keep his skin for a reason known to the GM/Admin team, while
  • Bob lost his skin for a reason known to the GM/Admin team.
So if you lost a "Special Skin" you can now 'purchase it' because it's just another normal purchasable skin!

No more time wasted by GM's and the skins are still in the game.

===== ===== =====
Actually all of the above is a mute point as MadMikeal has stated that the decision has been made, just not made public yet. I am quite content to "wait and see"!

madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

MadMikael wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:00 pm Oof.
Stop arguing already.
It's no longer a GM issue - for the most part, anyway.
The news on skins will be released when its ready, and not before.
Any arguments (good or bad), any begging, any crying, any ideas now are a waste of time until that update comes.

Those who still have special skins will likely keep them unless they're found to be breaking serious rules.
Those who don't have them may have future opportunities.
Everyone will know more when the news is released.
For now, stuff is being worked on - so be patient.

I am so tired of any discussion of special skins - and I'm telling you, there is nothing left to discuss until the release of the news.
Every single idea that has been posted in the past month or so was already discussed months ago - and decisions have been made.
The path is set, wait until the news is released, then post your ideas/desires/complaints.
+1. Almost wish we could lock the thread until news breaks.
Omnes Autem Uri
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 pm
+1. Almost wish we could lock the thread until news breaks.
I was tempted to.
But it won't make any difference - players will still post anyway.

But my point still stands - for now, this is a dead topic.
The decision on how to proceed is made.
Once released, players are free to suggest on how to "tweak" it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

few thoughts (yes, yes I know... this conversation does not matter to GMs anymore (and nor a should it maybe lol) this isn't trying to make the case or influence any decisions... simply a matter of conversation ;)

anyway, back to my couple thoughts here

1> I think that anybody worried about wasting GMs time with special skins is greatly overestimating how much time is involved with them, AFTER you ignore the ones given for reaching specific level... like seriously... greatly, greatly overestimating it lol. how many players have a special skin for contributing something to the game aside from the level ones? maybe 5? 10? heck... let's say 50.
now let's say that each of those accounts required 5 minutes of GM time to choose and receive a skin... heck, let's say 10 minutes -- so let's say we're looking at 500 minutes of GM time over the course of 5 years.... that's 100 minutes per year. uh.... ok, let's still say that's a lot of time (though I certainly don't believe it to be) - what's it balanced out by? oh yeah, new content, large translations, maybe huge bug reports? all easily worth a few minutes of GM time during any given month 😜

next, you say they aren't needed for gameplay, and I agree.... but neither are any of the things for which a player may receive one (new content, translations, bug reports etc...) almost nothing in the game is needed to play - don't agree? consider this: FT had plenty of players when there were around 20 maps, no crafting, no fishing, no clan buildings, no pets etc.... none of these things are needed to play ;)

ok, I'll stop now... I'm mostly just trying to ruffle some feathers, but hopefully it helps expand the way the issue is considered amongst the players a bit as well
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

blitzcraig wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:14 am consider this: FT had plenty of players when there were around 20 maps, no crafting, no fishing, no clan buildings, no pets etc.... none of these things are needed to play ;)

ok, I'll stop now... I'm mostly just trying to ruffle some feathers, but hopefully it helps expand the way the issue is considered amongst the players a bit as well
20 maps :shock:
no crafting :shock: so no mining or chopping either :cry:
no fishing :shock:
no clan buildings 8-)
no pets :cry: :cry:

feathers! Real men, like bees, have no feathers.

_____ Now for the real part _____
But it is an eye opener! Thank you Blitz.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
cello117

Post by cello117 »

From what the GM said before I think they are working on special Skins in some way to reward the players with this.

These things that say they are not necessary are what satisfy and attract players. for example I had the 1k plate. I paid 10 levels in it, but my friend offered me the 1k + 1 plate for 20 levels. and I conjectured! no need for me to buy, it only increases 100 in armor, which has no influence on grinding. But this satisfied me!

if they put a special skin for the same price as a house, I would certainly buy it to satisfy. these silly and unnecessary things that attract lots of players and make the difference in the market.

the team knows this and im sure there are interesting things coming
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

jajajajaja I didn't immediately realize the various faces you used in your post... funny stuff 😂
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:37 am
blitzcraig wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:14 am consider this: FT had plenty of players when there were around 20 maps, no crafting, no fishing, no clan buildings, no pets etc.... none of these things are needed to play ;)

no clan buildings 8-)

no unlimited lvl buying
no thrown weapons
no resistancies

BUT WE HAD:

spawn parties
anubis
killerbunny
great players

enemies sometimes grinding together because 'grinding was the only way to lvl' andgood leveling spots were few.

I miss those times
Leone

Post by Leone »

rearrow wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:40 am
LostKnight wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:37 am

no clan buildings 8-)

no unlimited lvl buying
no thrown weapons
no resistancies

BUT WE HAD:

spawn parties
anubis
killerbunny
great players

enemies sometimes grinding together because 'grinding was the only way to lvl' andgood leveling spots were few.

I miss those times
Wow...anubis is a blast from the past. I'd forgotten about that!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

rearrow wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:40 am {snip}
I miss those times
My post was just a humorous response, I have seen some screen shots of FT early days and I would have loved playing it back then as well. I recall games that looked the same.

I like the idea of a "truce for a common cause", now that adds character.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.