A Forgotten Tales ABC's

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: A Forgotten Tales ABC's

Post by Leone »

Back to A for a minute (sorry).

A is for autoclicker
Despite clearly stated as being against the rules, some players (despite agreeing to these very rules ) seem to think they are exempt. They are banned for a reason -
they give an unfair advantage. Autoclicker? The punishment should be auto - and permanent ban.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Doubly Agree with Leone! Dungeons for the despicable lot! (See, it was a clever segue to D that you started!)

Dungeon - Whether of the Doom variety (uuddlrlr seems relevant) or other, there are no shortages of areas to explore in the world of FT. Some of them may evoke images of a labrynthtine environment reminiscent of a dungeon crawler, but your adventures may also take you to lava fields, ice caverns, desert pyramids, and everything in between. Crawling is always optional, but speed potions might be more helpful if you can use them. Either way, dungeons and the like provide plenty of areas and treasures to discover, and even more opportunities to die.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Last word of previous post perfectly leads to this:

Death- A big part of game play is dying and avoiding dying. So as a player you need to find your path as a risk taker or a conservator. Part of the thrill of this game is when your heart is pounding and you are not quite sure if you will be successful or not. Death always looms just around the corner and even if you play defensively there are plenty of chances for death to find you either by a surprise or by another player who wants the spot you are on and attacks! Unlike real life here you get to live again after death losing 10% of your current experience points. You end up at map 0.0 to start again. It is kind of symbolic, you are at point zero and can go any direction you want from there, or it is a reminder that you failed and are perhaps a big zero and in spite of your strutting about you have yet things to learn. :lol:
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Devilry- The doom of the damned is demonstrated by differing devils and demons diffusing and decimating daring daredevils by destroying decidedly dispatching dire denizens of death! This theme is seen much in the game as you have: the ordinary devil yes dressed in red, demons 1-7, a devil mushyman, a blue and dark and green devil, and an underground and ghost devil. This doesn’t include all the mayhem and monsters which appear to be in full accord with the demon code. If it is against your own code to aid and abet any demonic influence I hate to tell you they aren’t leaving and there are times when to continue the game you have to make(gulp, aghast) a deal with a devil!
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Consonance and Alliteration too if we can go back some letters! :smiley:
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Just a short post, since it struck me that at times one letter can lead directly to another.

Witness when:
→ D &/or D = S: Show
NO! NO! Not Dungeons and Dragons but when Death and/or Dying lead to "S"

We all know what that "S" is ... but do we know it by it's name?
→ The S of D&D is {drum roooooooll}: Show
The S.T.A.
or: The Skull Travel Agency
STA.JPG
  1. Sometimes it's the mobs or PvM! OH! OH! Too much, can't escape. The S.T.A. comes into to play
  2. Sometimes it's PvP! that send us to The S.T.A.
  3. Sometimes it's the the guy that says, "Kill Me!" and you do ... he uses The S.T.A. (shame on you though - IMHO)
    • One good one was when a guy said, "Kill me". So I said "OK, you're dead! Walk to Map 0.0! As he walked away I heard (read), "NOOB!" Not an LK original I had heard where someone else did that, I though it good enough to use. TY whoever you are!
    • Another asked my Lvl 90+ Fairy to kill him. So I healed him. He immediately started attacking me. I pumped "Heal" a few times and logged. And on my other device watched with my low level alt that my fairy was supporting. Fairy was still healing, and he was still attacking when she blinked off. He had a full green line. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Sometimes it's an honest to goodness "OOPS! I goofed!", that cause one to use The S.T.A.
  5. Sometimes it's a RL "Help, need you now." and by the time you get back, there you are: Map 0.0. You even missed the trip.
  6. Sometimes it's as simple as "suicide" because one is to lazy to walk.
  7. There could be more reasons, but it's sufficient to say that The S.T.A. is a very common means of getting to Map 0.0
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Speaking of those Dragons (:dragon:) though...

Dragons are plentiful in the land of FT, from the ones who prey on lower level players who don't know better, to those who prey on higher level players who are a bit over confident in their abilities, and everything in between.

While dragons can be plenty dangerous they can also be plenty useful. Whether you want to win a friendly lady's favor with a dragon tooth necklace, or gather scales to assist with secret magic to save the world, or even collect heads for some unknown reason (hey, I'm not there yet!), it seems that NPCs know how to keep the dragon population in check.

Dragons can also be plenty helpful. At level 360 they are available for pets, and they make a good, durable pet that can be brought into many places without much worry. Those players with a house may collect a pair of dragons, or the "double D's" as they may be known. One who is intent on sticking with the D theme might go so far as to provide their pet dragons with names such as "Darby" and "Duncan," but whatever one decides to call them they offer great assistance for many levels.

Also...
We are thankful for those exceedingly helpful Dragons: Show
Ara_avi.gif
Ara_avi.gif (371.86 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Leone

Post by Leone »

Good post.
I meant gooD post:)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Drops- Ah what would the game be if various monsters didn’t drop us goodies to pick up? It doesn’t take long to realize it takes a lot of in game gold to get the items and armor and weapons you need to play. So while you are trying to level consider what monsters drop and your need for gold. Some monsters are relatively generous with drops and others are notorious for little or no drops at all. Be warned and be careful that rare items should be kept and not sold. Not sure? Ask a higher level player if you should keep or sell. Get to know the shops and the item manual available. When you first log into the game…press the manual button, then scroll down to item manual. It doesn’t have everything in the game but is a big help.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

D is for DOOM
You go to that dungeon for spectre dust or for the quest. But hang on, who is the dungeon named after?

Feared by many, hated by more and liked by less -the guy takes no prisoners. Once an enemy then always an enemy, but once a friend and then a friend for life. DR has that effect. I'm proud to be such a friend.

DOOM to you all, Dom to some of us and such a big part of the game. One man's villian is another man's hero.