LOL!

DOOM will soon be free…

The Purple Dragon hath spoken … :dragon:
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Gullander

Re: A Forgotten Tales ABC's

Post by Gullander »

Fairies- How can something so cute be so deadly? It is a good thing they have an island to live on which means unless you want to fight them you can avoid them. Until of course you reach level 380 and a set of fairies become your most treasured possessions as awesome pets. All pets help with leveling but fairies bring on a whole new dimension in gaining levels. Some choose a fairy as their character to play in FT but like the mage takes some patience and wise choice on what to battle based on your mana amount. It is not required to choose a cute name for them but between you and me I think they like it!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Fishing- Ah a day at the old fishing hole what could be more relaxing? Anywhere there is water you can fish even if a small oasis in the desert. At map 0.0 is a popular place to fish and trade and chat but if you like solitude go elsewhere. Any body of water or river can yield treasures in the form of items, weapons, armor, or oddities like pieces of ore or my favorite a dog or lion head! Rare fish come occasionally and have uses in some quests (there is a hungry ogre needing feeding and I am told prehistoric flying reptiles like them). Any fish can be sold at the bank town shop if you need to justify your fishing trip to others!
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

F is for fog of war
New starters to the game - fear not, the game map is bigger than just one screen. That swirling mist that covers the minimap is the fog of war.

Cross the borders either north, south, east or west to discover the buildings, monsters, NPCs and other players that are there. Become rich, complete quests and level up your character. Be careful not to stray too far from the start map while your character is weak as the monsters are stronger.

A final word about the fog of war: notice that some squares on the mini map are darker and show a menacing swirling skull? These are clan maps and the skulls are there to mark them as dangerous. Visit them at your peril!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Forum- It belongs to you! :o What it is and what it becomes depends upon your interaction! If you have a comment about the game or a related topic that overlaps game play post it! If you have a question ask it, an idea share it, a problem divulge it, and a complaint………well declare it if you must but nicely. Kind of like a family there are seasons where family members are unhappy and when they are happy. Expect both on the forum and current posts will give you an idea of where things are at. There is a lot of wisdom to be found here and good will to help you, and opportunity for you to help, offer suggestions, or even help bring a consensus on a subject. Sometimes forum entries are a hoot and bring a smile as everyone is encouraged to be themselves. Occasionally a game change began in the forum discussions so you do have a voice in the game. Sometimes forum entries take a negative or personal tone of one player versus another (I am not referring to the report of abuse, cheaters, or rule breakers) but I think overall it is F-Friends O-Openly R-Relating U-Useful M-Messages. That’s the forum for you an aid to your Forgotten Tales enjoyment! And to new players congratulations! If you are reading this you have become part of it, welcome! :D
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Friend or Foe?- As a followup ;) to forum when you click on a forum members name you see their profile and in that you have the option of indicating whether they are a friend or foe! :o I guess this option is in case you forget your interaction with them. I think sometimes we forget our friends but rarely a foe. In any case friendship is a tricky thing. Sometimes they are forged in a flurry of fighting or a single time of shared activity. Later on we may find the friendship is fickle and lacking foundation. Sometimes the friend forgoes former filial feelings and is found a foe. Conversely sometimes a foe is found more favourable than first forecast and finally friendship is found. So be careful to make a foe a fiend forever for that fiendly foe may become a faithful friend. Like I said a tricky thing is friendship kind of like saying some of these “f” filled sentences ten times in a row! :lol:
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

I've never done that on the forum. Adding you as my first friend rn!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Added you as well! ;)

For everyone :To access click on the profile icon (looks like a little guy) and choose user control panel. One of the tabs is listed friends or foes!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Giants- I hear there are a lot of giants running around missing a bunch of teeth! (It is my theory that monsters re-spawn like players after dying and also may lose something dear to them) One item made from these teeth is a giant’s tooth amulet and I understand at least one quest requires bashing giants until an eye tooth or molar falls from their mouth. These aren’t the only giants however as a variety of monsters have a regular and grande size! You may be fishing or mining and suddenly a giant is by your side. Don’t worry if they have a large size skin they will have a large sized worker image too. Of course this category would not be complete without mentioning there are some giants who are players, well known as FT kind of legends. I salute those who have gone before giving this game both character and substance. After this post would be a good place for players to tell who to them was or is a giant in the game and why. A bit of GRATITUDE is always in order!
Retired