A Forgotten Tales ABC's

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: A Forgotten Tales ABC's

Post by Gullander »

Ghosts- After the addition in 2018 of special skins for purchase there are players who are ghosts all over FT! :o No doubt they were inspired by the ghosts found in the game itself. There are white ghosts, flashing ghosts, and ghosts held captive until you fulfill a quest on their behalf. You may of course be a ghost buster to your hearts content though no slime of ectoplasm is found. Unlike many urban legends of haunted houses these ghosts seem to prefer dark cold dungeons and caves. We too have a famous ghost….no not Casper….but the fabled ghost of Ryaca! I believe other ghosts linger throughout the maps of FT that we cannot see but whose presence is still felt.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Grinding- A term of “endearment” for the process of killing, dispatching, exterminating, or removing monsters with the express goal of amassing experience points towards a level and/or to get drops from them to redeem for gold, your own use, or for a quest. Grinding like mining or fishing is best with a friend for companionship. With or without pets it is a time consuming activity but essential towards game advancement. Unless of course you have deep pockets to buy levels which though speedy lacks the rewarding feeling of accomplishment when your character gets the “green tingle” indicating a new level gained. Of course grinding has its dangers too. A spawn out of control or another player’s unwanted attention either “borrowing” your spawn or attacking you while you are otherwise engaged. Along with keeping current on quests the daily grind will assure you towards your game Goals.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Goals- Like real life we rarely get where we want to be if we don’t have goals along the way to help us get there. That is one of the features in FT that draws us back. Whether it is a specific level we want for new gear or admission to a quest we have benchmarks we can aspire to. Some goals are not so lofty like raising our crafting level, or mining for soul or meteor stones, or fishing in the hope of that nice item, but they too are part of it. The difficulty comes in when some goals are so far off we tire of the wait. There are some spans of leveling where it seems to take forever, or some quests we begin with zeal only to find out we can’t follow it to its completion because you need to attain a certain level first. “Rats!” as Charlie Brown would say being foiled again. So variety will help, the times spent playing with or chatting with friends in the game, trying dangerous ventures without much hope of succeeding just for the fun of it, and even places like this forum can help you hang in there when your Goals are languishing.

And now dear reader I introduce my last word in the series replacing the previous word exit. In spite of my kindly advice above I feel it is time as I see a light shining a faint glow in the distance and the smell of some fresh air blowing in this dungeon. I crawl along more by sensing internally the time is upon me than the hope of light and sun again. Ah… into the full rays of the sun warmed and longing for what lay ahead. So now I am Gone from this realm of ABC's with eyes looking ahead to the next Goal I may find I can do.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

J is for Joystick

Code: Select all

N
  ↑   ↑
  a ↑ b →
W ← · →   E
  x ↓ y →
  ↓ S ↓
Touching and holding "a" moves character in the NW direction.
Touching "a" and sliding finger North auto-walks in the NW direction

Touching ↑ moves character in the N direction.
Touching ↑ and sliding finger N auto-walks in the N direction.

Touching and holding "b" walks in the NW direction.
Touching "b" and sliding finger ↑ or → auto-walks in the NE direction

Touching and holding → walks in the E direction.
Touching → and sliding finger East auto-walks in the E direction

Touching and holding "y" walks in the SE direction.
Touching "y" and sliding finger ↓ or → auto-walks in the SE direction

Touching and holding ↓ walks in the S direction.
Touching ↓ and sliding finger ↓ auto-walks in the S direction

Touching and holding "x"walks in the SW
Touching "x" and sliding finger ↓ auto-walks in the SW direction

Unfortunately, for my tablets, ← or W must be touch and held, no sliding as it's right on the edge of the screen.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Nearly a year since my last post. Been a few changes along the way. Honestly after putting in my last entry on Goals and my cryptic words of departure I didn't think I would still be a part of FT. But here I am! :o This year carries it's own challenges. A lot has happened in this first month and some things wait for action. Learning the ABC's is easy, getting from A to Z in life is a far more challenging thing.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Wow - one year on. It doesn't seem that long ago mate. I'm glad you're still part of the ft family.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Journey

The journey is always interesting. That is one of the certainties in life alright. Glad to share part of this leg of yours!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

K is for Kraken Island
The anomaly of the FT world. Tap you minimap and see that awkward menacing looking island to the left. It looks menacing and that should give you a clue as to the type of welcome that awaits you when you arrive. Not a fan of fire archers? Then don't visit this place.

For most players, their first visit to Kraken Island will be to do the quest.

Is it necessary?

Absolutely.

Any advice?

Do not stand still. Run, run and run some more.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Well here I am again :o

Jail- Reserved for serious offences and serious offenders. Unlike real life jails no visitors are allowed! Unsure of what might land you there? This would be a great time to re-read the rules or for some read the game rules for the first time! There are various durations up to and including permanent jail, without parole, time off for good behavior, or appeals. So unless you want to end up in the slammer, the joint, prison, the hoosegow, the lockup, the brig, the can, the cooler or pen, and be sent up the river play within the rules. If you do you will be able to enjoy the fresh air of the FT map instead of the lonely and musty cell of remorse. :D
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Great ABCs - the best one yet!

Heed these words - especially about reading the rules, or at the very least ask on the forum if you're not sure. Surely better than having your account jailed?