A Forgotten Tales ABC's

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: A Forgotten Tales ABC's

Post by Leone »

A is for alt
The packhorse, the worker- the unsung hero who invariably mines, builds and chops whilst the more glamourous main character swans around the world map.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

😆 interesting,
A is for Adventure. Roaming around the many city's towns and villages fulfilling the needs and wishes of many unfortunate souls and causing Chaos and destruction to the threatening beast creatures and demons of a dimension we thrive to reach in the jurney to fulfill our own wish that sits in the back of our mind (what are we doing in this strange place? How did we get here? How can we get home? Do we really want to leave?) But we wake up and do it another day to push further to find what more we can see and what more we are capable of and when the sun sets on this enchanted place we come to the conclusion that if there is a home for us, THIS IS IT.
😉😁😂
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

As much as I enjoy this thread... shouldn't we move on to "B"?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

A -is for

A BIG thank you to all who have added to this thread. Now it has its own life.

Hopefully this will be part dictionary, part travelogue, and a place to reflect on an aspect of FT that is important to you. Double entries aren't a problem either as words have multiple meanings too so if something you like was missed add it!!!
Last edited by Gullander on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Armor or armour- Not to be confused with amore yet you gotta love the items available in FT. Some might say in the early levels armor is changed like a snake shedding its skin, or like trying to remember to put on fresh underwear every day. Yet it is part of the growing process and learning of the game providing regular rewards and challenges when attaining a level. The sad part is some look cooler than others and you wish you could hang onto it longer and just upgrade it somehow. Some combos provide a very impressive look indeed from head to toe, like the level 100 mithril or the level 500 mean green look, but others look like an odd mish mash that is effective but laughable. I can’t help but think I’m wearing a skirt of sorts when I’ve bought conquistador armored legs! (level 75) All in all well done armored items, just remember the adage…armor don’t leave anywhere without it
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Make sure you check out Leone's post on the same A theme!!!! :idea:

Ashdown Village- Voted the village most likely to survive a plundering pirate attack in the FT Times. Like bats coming out at dusk Ashdown has the distinction of a daily pirate invasion! Perhaps it is its distinct shoreline location or its relatively calm and peaceful inhabitants that brings this assault, we really cannot say. Yet it does provide an opportunity for lower level players to crack some heads and dispatch some pirates to Davey Jones locker. It is also home to a shop and a few quest opportunities like the sad tale of the bad bad pirate that took the little boys sword which belonged to his dad! Heart wrenching stuff I’d say…make me think of my own childhood miscues…if only dad wouldn’t notice. Oh did I forget to tell you about the very busy gravedigger quest? If the plundering and murderous pirates were not enough indignity for one small village we have grave robbing orcs! You only thought you had it bad. :D
Retired
DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY »

AAAHHHOOOUUU!!! THEN "A" WAS FED TO GOLGREN. SO DOOM GONNA MOVE ON TO "B".
BEFORE, BACK THEN, BELIEVE!! REASONS DOOM STILL CHOOSES TO LOG DAILY. PPL LIKE LEONE, HAMMER, KRYSTAL, SMOKEY, MAGIX, GOLGREN, EVEN GM'S LIKE ENMER, HOBBS. DOOM REFUSES TO "B"ELIEVE THAT GLORY DAYS OVER WITH. LOVE FT.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Love your post Doom!!!! Great start to the B's!!! :D
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

B is for barkeep and for the Brass Monkey Tavern
Since opening his establishment in March 2015, this guy has been on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. What a trooper. I guess the only way he can do it is by drinking the profits.

He is a man of few words but us FT players don't hold it against him as we all seem happy to pay him to rent the treasure chest upstairs. When do we get to see inside the other rooms upstairs? That's the question.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

B is for beggars, or a sizeable percentage of players at spawn. One leaves and the next arrives to take his place, but they all demand the same thing. The only real question is which approach they will take.

The "gold plz" method:
Please, oh please feel sorry for me! I cannot afford the necessary vowels for my words, so I am forced into rudimentary communication attempts. I'm only level 0, but 1 million gold will enable me to accomplish my dreams of using vowel-heavy words such as onomatopoeia. :cry:

The spam method:
I will annoy you into giving me gold! You may decline the first seven requests, but I know that your resolve is weakening. Yes, even though I never told you what I'm looking for in a trade and you can't even see me on the spawn map, soon you will start throwing money at me for no conceivable reason! By the time request ten comes around your secret insecurities will be the tipping point. Yes, you can barely make out one person amidst the swarm of players let alone get a PM through to the right one, so the sheer number of trade requests from me makes you feel inferior and will shame you into giving me money.

Whether seeking out benevolent players or taking a more brazen approach, beggars are here to stay.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.