A Forgotten Tales ABC's

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: A Forgotten Tales ABC's

Post by Gullander »

Ogres- What a dopey looking class to choose I once thought. The swordsman in his garb looks striking and handsome and the Amazon “be still my heart”. The Archer too is a dashing figure and the huntress is both cute and deadly. A fairy is small and cute but I wouldn’t make one mad if I were you. And the mage looks like what we expect of a mage with long hair and long robe. The dwarf is stout but mighty looking and the Freya well not being prejudiced here too much but is the most attractive of all! Ah though the ogre…a face only momma ogre could love. Mages are expected to be loners, but both the fairy and the ogre are left alone even though they might desire otherwise. No man fairies floating about in FT and no lovely ogress to be seen either (again only an ogre could love another ogre). Ogres have gotten bad reputations; the Czech word for ogre is lidozrout which can also mean a cannibal or a man eater! Who wants that as a character? But to know one is to love one. The ogre is a fisherman extraordinaire! Anyone who enjoys the quiet and patience of fishing can’t be all that bad. He acquires at level 30 a double hit skill no doubt from building muscles hauling in huge fish (might be exaggerating a bit) and at 60 a skill to reduce an enemy HP by 25%. It has one of the coolest game animations when used as it appears stars are flying above the enemies head as he is dazed by the mighty hit. With the purchase of a regular or premium skin the ogre can change his rather ignoble appearance and look a variety of ways. But honestly once you get used to him you will find him a steady and fun class to play. +1 for ogres!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Order- If we enjoy the freestyle form of playing a game we can find plenty to enjoy in FT. You can battle monsters in many varieties, battle other players for bragging rights, or join more organized freestyle with clan life that is just a siege away from action. But if you want to follow the game story line and the rewards that come with it you will find order is very important. Many of the quests (each an adventure in itself awaiting your participation) are reliant upon other quests being accomplished first. There is nothing perhaps worse than hearing about a quest perhaps from a friend and traveling the map to give it a try yourself only to find out the NPC won’t talk to you! You may be experiencing being out of order. Some quests are quite a string of tasks and events eventually leading you to an ultimate goal. Thankfully the game in most of these cases will not give you a quest until something before has been done so you know you are not quite in the right sequence. Some of this order is also the keeping of items gained in previous quests. A rule of thumb is keeping everything not available elsewhere until it has been used or you are sure it can be discarded. Many have thrown away books, and scrolls, and rings, and candles or maps, or whatever only to find later “oh I needed that!” So however you play enjoy it but remember these final admonitions if you want to solve quests keep things in order, you’ll be glad you did. Don’t know the order? There are resources on these forum pages and I am sure you can find an “orderly” friend who can give you good advice.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Pets- I understand in the early days of FT pets were not a major part of game play as they are today. But now they are so essential to just about everything you want to do. Sometimes we get greedy and wish we had many pets but the wisdom of the designer deems two pets the maximum we may use at any time. The first aspect of pets is they bring extended storage at 20 additional places each. As such they aid greatly in mining and cutting and as room to bring items to fulfill quests. Secondly they are rather protective pets and fight alongside you against monsters. But like all good pets don’t attack other players just swarms of monster intruders. Depending on your game style you can have pets that are ranged like archers or magic users or melee pets that like smashing opposition with a weapon or their bare hands! Thirdly, these pets fighting for you greatly increases the experience points you can gain by yourself and aid tremendously in leveling at the fastest rate possible. There are debates about what pets are best at what level and you can find that elsewhere in this forum but let me comment about the in game pets you can buy at the mage shop. The available at level 30 blue monsters are your basic starter pets followed by the at level 40 grey trolls. These both serve well doing early quests and are better used in a defensive mode rather than fighting mode. At level 125 you can get green spiders and they are the first pets suited also for grinding with. At 250 you may get bat pets and they are both tough and good fighters. And finally at 360 you may get a boss or golden dragon that is very strong and a great in game gold pet. Unlike the other shop pets this dragon is near that level being a 345 monster. The other pets are less than half of your level when you can get them. Blue or Ice monster is level 11, grey troll level 14, green spider level 57, and bat at level 94. Bought pets with real money are available up to one half your levels so better than most shop pets. Pets are not invincible and like real life pets if ignored tend to get into trouble as they don’t know any better than to attack monsters. Pets are always the owner’s responsibility and like in real life there are players who don’t cherish your pets like you do and will willfully or accidentally put your pets in harm’s way. Also be careful where you store valuable items. If you are taking your pets somewhere they may be in danger know that when they die anything stored in them is lost! Be warned and pay attention is the best way to let your pets live out their usefulness until the next set of pets suitable for your level are available.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Pigs and other wandering beasts- The FT game is alive with beasts even when no players are there. I personally think that they interact with each other when no one is looking and rest and take a break from their appointed circuits they follow! I could sense once my pets were eyeing the pigs wandering by and were dreaming of ham, and bacon, and chops, so much so they left a pool of drool where they were standing. But alas such interaction with them is not allowed. They have their part to play in the FT drama and so do we. I hope sometime in an event some of these animal residents will animate and wreak havoc on the countryside. The town dwellers will also leave their circuits and seek their revenge upon these rude players always walking through their towns leaving behind used potion bottles and other piles of trash such as dead fish carcasses and old boots and the like. Back to the pigs. I like the beasts wandering about though sometimes they are dumb in their paths they take. Like the deer who keeps wandering right between you and a monster you are fighting. Or the mice infested houses in Ardesia where good housekeeping must be ignored and a hungry cat would have a feast. I like the hordes of bunnies scurrying by at 0.0 while you fish. It is especially entertaining when the game is having lag and they lurch along or act like pirate bunnies with peg legs. Oh but back to pigs. They are plump looking and healthy in spite of the chaos about them…a true testament to pighood. Now I will attempt to list these wondrous beasts that add life and flavor and texture to the FT landscape. Pigs, plump sheep, scurrying bunnies, mice, deer, donkeys, chickens and a rooster crowing, bellowing cows, a flying bird overhead (watch out below…wouldn’t that be fun!), bats, and men on horses and such. Beware the Zoological apocalypse may soon be upon us!!!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Quests- This topic has already been touched upon under the heading of order but here are a few different directive thoughts. Quests in FT are very much like real life. No I don’t mean someone will want us to bring them mithril ingots (though I wish they existed!) but that quests like real life fall into two categories. The first is those quests that mean something to us in our advancing in the game. Like real life events and decisions and resources set us on a course so quests here do the same. We begin the game dumbfounded not even knowing who we are, but then we learn who we are and are confronted with a series of tasks needed to send us back to the time we came from so we can become who we were meant to be. Still trying to figure that out in real life! The second is unrelated quests where we help someone in need or the realm in need and sort of stumble upon them while doing other things. Life presents us the same kind of thing. Of course all these quests whether the connected ones that lead to becoming for instance a game hero (completing the artifact quest line) or breaking the power that keeps us in the wrong time (bal muen quest line) or the ones as random events all provide experience that make us the level player we are. In this way all quests are important and build up over time to a tidy amount of levels. Quests some hate them and others love them just like real life we choose what we give ourselves to and what we ignore. I choose quests as I’m a better player for doing them. :D
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Quitting- A dreaded word. Have you ever been playing FT and come upon a situation that was rough and you hear yourself saying “I quit!” You quit…only to return again to try again. Now there are some times in play you are “over your head” in what you are trying to do and quitting is the wise course of action. But we all struggle at times with the feeling of quitting. Let me answer that this way, it is not the games fault if you ever feel like quitting. There is a lot to do in the FT world and if something isn’t going your way there is something else you can devote yourself to instead. So quitting sometimes is not because of opportunity but because you want what you want and if you can’t have it I’m going to take my marbles and quit. Let me propose this. First of all know that you will sometime reach the point where you say the dreaded words “I quit”. It happens to all of us for a variety of reasons. That is the time to take an inventory (not what you have stored at the bank..although it couldn’t hurt either) of what you like about the game and remind yourself of those things. Think about the friends you have made and the gains you have already made in quests and levels and gear. Will quitting help the present situation or will you stare at your device the next day and want to get right back at it. We will have those days, maybe a string of them but picture others cheering you on from the sidelines to hang in there till the FT sun shines again. :D :!:
Retired
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

A wise man once said... :)
Gullander wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:31 pm Quests- This topic has already been touched upon under the heading of order but here are a few different directive thoughts. Quests in FT are very much like real life. No I don’t mean someone will want us to bring them mithril ingots (though I wish they existed!) but that quests like real life fall into two categories. The first is those quests that mean something to us in our advancing in the game. Like real life events and decisions and resources set us on a course so quests here do the same. We begin the game dumbfounded not even knowing who we are, but then we learn who we are and are confronted with a series of tasks needed to send us back to the time we came from so we can become who we were meant to be. Still trying to figure that out in real life! The second is unrelated quests where we help someone in need or the realm in need and sort of stumble upon them while doing other things. Life presents us the same kind of thing. Of course all these quests whether the connected ones that lead to becoming for instance a game hero (completing the artifact quest line) or breaking the power that keeps us in the wrong time (bal muen quest line) or the ones as random events all provide experience that make us the level player we are. In this way all quests are important and build up over time to a tidy amount of levels. Quests some hate them and others love them just like real life we choose what we give ourselves to and what we ignore. I choose quests as I’m a better player for doing them. :D
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

I have been there many times.

FT haunts me.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

QUICKLY

I apologize for the rapidity of my posts but let me explain. I got the ball rolling but this lay unattended for nearly a year. I have always thought you should try to finish what you have started...that is something that is good! :lol: So I am finishing up what I began and an alphabet isn't an alphabet if it is missing letters! :o I hope you dear reader will not be put out of sorts if your letter gets moved beyond, please contribute even if out of order. Think of it as an appendix or footnotes to the main writing. My contributions to this should be completed in a few days. Then it will float upon the forum ocean of ideas and posts and I hope some sailors will chance upon it from time to time.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Reset- There is a friendly mage on map 0.0 who will allow you to reset your strength, armor, dexterity or mana to the levels you want. Why? Sometimes you want to fight a monster whose dexterity you want to match +6 so you can kill it, or raise your armor increasing your resistance to damage and increasing your HP too. Unlike some mage NPC’s in the game he will always be there to help you but…beware! The cost for his services is the loss of your current XP you have towards your next level! This can be sidestepped in two ways. One, only reset after you have just gotten the green glow of acquiring a level. The second option if you are too far from leveling but would rather not lose your XP is to buy with real money a “Reset Character” purchase which allows for reset without any XP point loss. I should also point out in resetting you cannot redistribute the stats your gear give you only the other points you have added through leveling your character. On another meaning a reset can be done any time. I mean that sometimes we have expectations from the player class we have chosen, sort of friends we hang with, or even places we usually frequent but they have become unfulfilling or tiresome. There is nothing wrong with pushing your “internal” reset button and starting a new account and class saying goodbye to your sort of friends and places you usually go to for a fresh start. As much as we all might like to play FT 24/7 the truth is we all have limited time to play so there is nothing wrong with changing things if it makes your time more enjoyable. Reset is our friend whether by mage or internally to make the FT journey worth the precious time we can devote to it.
Retired