The Rule Breakers of FT

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The Rule Breakers of FT

Post by LostKnight »

Gullander wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:40 pm I can't ever remember being autologged while grinding. :D Again thanks for clearing that up!
Because you are "tapping" your skill: Fury
Automatically tells server: HEY YOU, SERVER, I'M HERE! OK! GO AWAY!

It is why auto-clickers work so well. An auto-clicker clicking Fury tells server, "I'm am here." when he is not really there.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am Does the game not auto log when grinding without a clicker? Regardless of what the pets are doing, if the player does not interact with the game then I was under the impression that the 5 minute auto log feature applies.
Yes it does ... inactivity by the "player" after 5 minutes and auto-log-off kicks in.

It does not matter what pets are doing/not doing.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

could make it where players have to eat food or they starve

then players couldn't stay in one spot for long periods of time
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Nahgus wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 am could make it where players have to eat food or they starve

then players couldn't stay in one spot for long periods of time
I believe in the "autoclicker eater" thread there was a suggestion about a button that pops up and needs to be pressed every now and then if a player is not moving. For game play story the button could very well be something like "you need to eat some rations" and require a simple acknowledgement to continue.

If you're paying attention, then what's a simple click that doesn't interrupt your spawn or anything else? Maybe trigger at 10 minutes of not moving and allow 5 minutes to tap or whatever. Anyone who thinks tapping the screen once every 10-15 minutes of grinding is too much is (1) whining and (2) probably worried.

Anyone who "dies of hunger" would probably get a trip to spawn. Toss in something like 100% loss of xp (like resetting stats) and placement on a watch list and you have something that teaches a lesson to those not paying attention and stops clicking. Naturally, you could build in some progressive punishment all the up to standard clicker punishment.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

What naghus is proposing is entirely different. It's where your health is constantly decreasing and you have to seek out rations to top up.

The difference between omega vanitas and forgotten tales. And there is a big difference

I do not agree this is the way forward. I've played OV. It's not great.

Sorry mate.

That autoclicker idea could apply to anything btw, ie being active
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

So I guess RuPower doesn't learn...
Attachments
Screenshot_20190124-204213.png
Screenshot_20190124-204213.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3332 times
Screenshot_20190124-203750.png
Screenshot_20190124-203750.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 3332 times
Screenshot_20190124-203851.png
Screenshot_20190124-203851.png (666.35 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Does life really get better?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

NightBaby wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 am So I guess RuPower doesn't learn...
Same spot as before too. The jump in levels by about 50 is pretty notable. Some nice gear ripe for the picking...
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

SellSword wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 am
NightBaby wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:56 am So I guess RuPower doesn't learn...
Same spot as before too. The jump in levels by about 50 is pretty notable. Some nice gear ripe for the picking...
He didn't drop anything:(
Does life really get better?
LMZRIP

Post by LMZRIP »

I see someone saying that join the food mechanism. Personally, I think this is a great idea.But I don't think food should determine health because we know that ft and Omega are different, it's a magical world.I don't think a lot of people want to die because they didn't eat in time, and lost 10% of the exp.Or in the time of PK, fight the clan war halfway to find food.We'll start with the roots of using clicks and AFK.That is the acquisition of experience.
Maybe?When a character eats food, it takes a while for him to succeed in gaining experience, which in the case of total hunger is only 50%, 10%, or 0%.Or, more harshly, limit the amount of experience you get each day, limit the amount of time you spend, or limit the level of your role, which I find very immature.
In summary, it's food that determines how much extra exp you get.Of course, it's just an idea.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

My thought on the food idea is more geared towards auto clicks than anything else, and making the form of food fit the function of stopping clickers. No reworking of gameplay or anything like that intended, just disrupting the predictable behavior that allows clickers to function.

Saying "you need to eat" could be replaced with a generic warning about AFK or whatever.