The Rule Breakers of FT

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: The Rule Breakers of FT

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:05 am Presumably, these watchmen / player moderators would have to forego any ties with clans? If not, why not? If so, probably apply to be a GM.
One option would be inclusion in the [GM] clan. That might be an easy enough fix as well to allow entrance to clan maps too. As had been mentioned there are some questionable things that happen on these maps too. ( :shock: = nobody) I don't know offhand if there is a mechanism that has the [GM] clan treated as allies for clan purposes or not. How one would be greeted on a clan map could be interesting!

Also, would these players get some boosted characters, or something that would let them roam around wherever they need to? They probably would need that I would think.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
vasinta

Post by vasinta »

zilolo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am PERSONALLY, one of the ways I feel that we may achieve the solution of auto clickers and afkers in the game is to recruit more gm
This is a crucial point, and after all not so hard to solve a problem.
Real world is full of competent people needing a job.
Compbatant would be able having a stable team, were he to start hiring his staff instead of asking good players give up gameplay to become GMs and letting everyone else suffer out of GM shortage.
--
:popcorn: ardesia's other forum account
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Yes we are going through a dry time when it comes to the GM team. Many other games do pay GMs. It's more than just simply a job you have to be passionate about it. It can be extremely difficult stressful at times. I would like to see the reward system used more often. Potential players can be GM eyes and ears (Watchers aka Watchmen)
good reports = good Rewards
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
Leone

Post by Leone »

And (hopefully) false report = harsh punishment
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cleopatra wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:32 pm Potential players can be GM eyes and ears (Watchers aka Watchmen)
good reports = good Rewards
Leone wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:58 pm And (hopefully) false report = harsh punishment
I like both of these

And I give this a +10
vasinta wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 am This is a crucial point, and after all not so hard to solve a problem.
Compbatant would be able having a stable team, were he to start hiring his staff instead of asking good players give up gameplay to become GMs and letting everyone else suffer out of GM shortage.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

vasinta wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 am
zilolo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am PERSONALLY, one of the ways I feel that we may achieve the solution of auto clickers and afkers in the game is to recruit more gm
This is a crucial point, and after all not so hard to solve a problem.
Surely this is THE SOLUTION. a player that become GM cannot play free. I don't understand why after using time helping others, there must be also this limit. I cant know if a GM have other benefits; for sure owner gets real money from game and don't like to communicate, prefer have volunteers that do this for nothing. Sorry guys , but not even dogs move tail for nothing. Vasinta is right.
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's a good point worth considering.

I think the main incentive should be the love of the game. If we all look at the number of hours we've spent on ft, then plenty of us are suitable contenders.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Leone

Well, there is the flip side.

People that love the game and put a lot of money, time and effort into GM headaches.

That's a polite way of putting it.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes, that is true unfortunately.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'll talk about myself here. I've thought about applying before and others have suggested that I should, but it's not something I feel would be a great fit for me now. (I would never assume I would be accepted, of course.)

One part of the issue for me is time. Between working full time, family, and various other obligations and activities I end up playing FT in sporadic bits. Maybe an hour one day, nothing the next, 30 minutes after that... Time spent on the forum, which is not insignificant in my case, will naturally cut into that. And then there is the big bombshell that FT is not my entire life and I spend probably more "leisure time" on other things.

Oh, sure, players all understand that GMs are busy and might not be able to respond to something right away, right? :roll:

Now, paying GMs or not is one issue, but regardless of that vasinta hit it on the head that the game needs "a stable team" to help it. Me? I don't feel I have time for it if I were to apply and we're to be accepted (which I cannot stress enough I would never assume to be the case). I do not believe I could offer that stability.

Sure, there could be a "part-time" GM. Help when you can help and so on. Since I'm just talking about myself, that's where I point out that time is just one part, which was even underlined. ;)

Now, I'm not intending to be all conceited here like my thoughts have any bearing on anything else like I'm super important, but it's just commentary about one person that could be somewhat similar to what others think.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.