The Rule Breakers of FT

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

zilolo

Re: The Rule Breakers of FT

Post by zilolo »

I"m personally not so into the whole "food eating" or "afk notification" thing because if it was implemented into the game, it wouldn't take anything more than just a bit of altering the autoclicker's script to click on the "are you afk" notification that pops up every 10 minutes or so. In my opinion it wouldn't get rid of all the afkers.

PERSONALLY, one of the ways I feel that we may achieve the solution of auto clickers and afkers in the game is to recruit more gm (which i know is going to be a tough job) OR to introduce a new role similarly to what runescape previously had done - "player moderators". Basically, these Player Moderators are trustworthy members of the community who are selected and given the ability to disconnect players, provided they have confirmed that the player are indeed autoclicking or afk etc.

This method can be achieved as players should be obligated to respond to these player moderators given their job is to identify whether or not you are playing the game legitimately. Should they not respond within a given time, they are classified as afk and disconnected and listed onto a sort of "warning list".
If it was a real player who really managed to not see the message then they can just simply log in again and continue playing without the hassle of being jailed and pming a gm to explain. However, if that same player were to be caught for 'X' numbers of time (shown on the warning list) they are confirmed afk and hence punished accordingly.
Just a young kiwi learning the way...

ps; I can speak either chinese or english don't hesitate to pm me if you need help translating something
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

zilolo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am I"m personally not so into the whole "food eating" or "afk notification" thing because if it was implemented into the game, it wouldn't take anything more than just a bit of altering the autoclicker's script to click on the "are you afk" notification that pops up every 10 minutes or so. In my opinion it wouldn't get rid of all the afkers.

PERSONALLY, one of the ways I feel that we may achieve the solution of auto clickers and afkers in the game is to recruit more gm (which i know is going to be a tough job) OR to introduce a new role similarly to what runescape previously had done - "player moderators". Basically, these Player Moderators are trustworthy members of the community who are selected and given the ability to disconnect players, provided they have confirmed that the player are indeed autoclicking or afk etc.

This method can be achieved as players should be obligated to respond to these player moderators given their job is to identify whether or not you are playing the game legitimately. Should they not respond within a given time, they are classified as afk and disconnected and listed onto a sort of "warning list".
If it was a real player who really managed to not see the message then they can just simply log in again and continue playing without the hassle of being jailed and pming a gm to explain. However, if that same player were to be caught for 'X' numbers of time (shown on the warning list) they are confirmed afk and hence punished accordingly.
This is a really good idea IMO
Does life really get better?
Leone

Post by Leone »

What would be the difference between a player moderator and a GM?
zilolo

Post by zilolo »

Leone wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 am What would be the difference between a player moderator and a GM?
A GM has the ability to mute, ban, jail, teleport, give gold etc. and whereas a player moderator is only capable of updating the so called "warning list" and disconnect suspicious afk players.

A GM requires a trial as a JR GM and basically requires a lot of step in order to become one. Whereas, a player moderator does not have such complicity and abilities so I'd think it'd be perhaps easier to recruit Player Moderators?

No Idea, just putting out some of my opinion that's all.

ps; I can speak either chinese or english don't hesitate to pm me if you need help translating something
zilolo

Post by zilolo »

NightBaby wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:10 am
zilolo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am I"m personally not so into the whole "food eating" or "afk notification" thing because if it was implemented into the game, it wouldn't take anything more than just a bit of altering the autoclicker's script to click on the "are you afk" notification that pops up every 10 minutes or so. In my opinion it wouldn't get rid of all the afkers.

This is a really good idea IMO
Thanks Pal :)

LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

Leone wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 am What would be the difference between a player moderator and a GM?
That depends on the powers allowed for a player moderator. A Jr GM could basically fit this description. A honest & trustworthy jr game moderator is allowed only 2 commands to enforce rules of the game and the only help that can be offered is just knowledge from long term experience of being with the game. If there's a technical issue with a account or quest bug or chest item's or crafting etc a Jr GM can only report it to the senior GMs. From there a admin may have to come in to act.
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

zilolo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:45 am A GM has the ability to mute, ban, jail, teleport, give gold etc. and whereas a player moderator is only capable of updating the so called "warning list" and disconnect suspicious afk players.

A GM requires a trial as a JR GM and basically requires a lot of step in order to become one. Whereas, a player moderator does not have such complicity and abilities so I'd think it'd be perhaps easier to recruit Player Moderators?

+1
Excellent!!!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:14 pm
zilolo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:45 am A GM has the ability to mute, ban, jail, teleport, give gold etc. and whereas a player moderator is only capable of updating the so called "warning list" and disconnect suspicious afk players.

+1
Excellent!!!
I agree that could help with recruiting. For FT it would be something between a watchman and a GM, whatever the title would actually be.

There could be some players who, you know, have given thought to a GM application but don't feel that they would be able to devote the needed attention to it.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree - a good idea but only if applicants undergo the same scrutiny as potential GMs, as I suggested here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12705&p=107405#p107405

Presumably, these watchmen / player moderators would have to forego any ties with clans? If not, why not? If so, probably apply to be a GM.
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

If that" position " ever came to be, I would fill out an application to be a player moderator. I am, and have always been, unclanned, except for a couple of weeks about 1500 levels ago...