Google Play gift cards

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Google Play gift cards

Post by LostKnight »

OK, Google Play gift cards cannot be bought here except at Marcado Libre, an online place along the idea of Amazon. But not nearly the same in quality. Saw one U$ 100 Google Play gift card (used) on sale at a ridiculous price and they did not say how much had been "used".

Plus they are a rip off, todays rates for U$100:

Code: Select all

07 Jan 19 @ 19:41:10 ~
   $ calc 100*37.73
but I see first two entries on their site:

Code: Select all

Tarjeta Google Play $100 Wallet Usa. Apps Y Juegos Android
$ 4.947  - Usado - Santa Fe

Tarjeta Google Play Gift Card 100 Usd - Usa - South Games
$ 5.358 77 - 36 vendidos - Buenos Aires
First one is used, does not say how much is left.

OK so here's my question, I have a contact in Nova Scotia Canada that can buy these cards, probably in a drugstore, what do I know, so here are my questions:

1. if he buys me a card (I'd send him a cheque) and he mails it to me here in Argentina, can I use it?

2. If he buys it and I explain what I want him to buy how does he go about buying what I want and have it show up in LK's bag?

Tired of not trusting.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Re: Google Play gift cards

Post by SellSword »

Can't you redeem them just one time and they sit in the redeemer's account (only) until purchases are made? I guess I redeem them and the full amount goes. There is a market for worthless pieces of plastic... :roll:

And it's not an option for to just send the gift card code, correct? That is, not an ideal option because you pay the equivalent of $100 and end up getting much less than the $100?

EDIT: In hindsight, I don't know if this would be any different from getting a physical card other than the speed.
Last edited by SellSword on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Not a clue, never had one can't buy one. "Marcado Libre" is online, need credit card, don't have one.

I do not have convenience of going to corner store to get one.

So I'm fishing for answers.
I am always AFK!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I read this and it might bear further investigation but it appears the origin country and usuage country might have to match... how do you read it?

Google Play gift country problem: To use a gift card or promotional code, the country of your Google Account must match the country where the gift card or promotional code is offered. If you see a message saying Google Play gift cards are not valid in your country, see the "change your Google Play Account country" section below.

Can you buy a prepaid money card like visa or MasterCard? Then you could use that to pay for anything. I have friends in game out of the US who have done this. Other option is open a PayPal acct and set up google pay account with PayPal as payment source. A "gaming" account bank account with a debit card would be a possible way to fund your PayPal balance..
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Gullander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:20 am I read this and it might bear further investigation but it appears the origin country and usuage country might have to match... how do you read it?

Google Play gift country problem: To use a gift card or promotional code, the country of your Google Account must match the country where the gift card or promotional code is offered. If you see a message saying Google Play gift cards are not valid in your country, see the "change your Google Play Account country" section below.

Can you buy a prepaid money card like visa or MasterCard? Then you could use that to pay for anything. I have friends in game out of the US who have done this. Other option is open a PayPal acct and set up google pay account with PayPal as payment source. A "gaming" account bank account with a debit card would be a possible way to fund your PayPal balance..
Hmmmm so my friend would have to buy what I want in Nova Scotia, Canada for LostKnight (or alt) as the easiest option.
I am always AFK!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

My take on the Google statement is that you cannot use a card purchased in one country to buy in another country things on Google Play. Like I said further investigation may be needed before proceeding.
Retired
cello117

Post by cello117 »

I already had this experience, I went to buy Plate 1k from my friend Cohvee (USA) I bought a Brazilian Gift Card and sent it to him by email. he tried to add the credit on Google Play, but he did not accept another country's Gift Card.
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

cello117 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm I already had this experience, I went to buy Plate 1k from my friend Cohvee (USA) I bought a Brazilian Gift Card and sent it to him by email. he tried to add the credit on Google Play, but he did not accept another country's Gift Card.
Yes, "the other country thing by GUGL sucks and "high level gear" I would imagine one needs to be that level to buy the gear.

I wonder what part of "Gift" in the "Google Gift Card" GUGL doesn't understand.
WordWeb wrote:gift ~ noun
1. something acquired without compensation
2. natural abilities or qualities
3. the act of giving
gift ~ verb
1. give qualities or abilities to
2. give as a present; make a gift of
What will you give her for her birthday?

Added by me
Second person "Well, obviously NOT a Google Gift card she lives in another country."
First person, "But isn't Google global?"
Second person, "Yes, when it is to their benefit. Like sending you 'Things we think you would like!' advertising."
Basically I think it's just better If I forget the whole thing.
Can't buy the cards,
Can't make in game purchases (no credit card), and
Trying to do what I want, have a friend buy stuff for me is going to be a pain.

So back to square one, get scammed my professional scammers or just NOT buy anything.

I consider this CLOSED from my end.
Others, of course, may choose to continue if they wish, it's your choice.

Me, I'm done here.
I am always AFK!
uPgradE

Post by uPgradE »

In order to redeem/use a gift card, gift code, or promotional code, the currency of the gift card should be same as the currency of the country and the country of your Google Account must match the country where the gift card or promotional code is offered.

If you see a message saying Google Play gift cards are not valid in your country, see the "change your Google Play Account country" section below. If you received a gift of Google Play credit via email you can also redeem the gift through the gift email.

Here's a useful help center article for more information on how to "Redeem a gift card, gift code, or promotional code". You might also want to have a look at this Help Center article for more information on changing your Google Play Country.

---------------------------
Cant post external links soooo....

Open google play, tap the menu bars, Help and Feedback,,, describe the issue
--I typed "gift card from another country"
Cage = LVL 2200 Archer
cestes = LVL 122 Mage
SYSTEM = LVL 20 MAGE (LIFE IN PRISON!) :twisted: :lol:
[HAPP]YHALLOWEEN = LVL 31 Archer 🎃
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

In my opinion, the "PayPal" suggestion was the best in this thread. Make a Paypal (which requires no funds to open), and then add funds from other accounts, much like a regular bank transfer. From there, you can set the PayPal account as your billing acct for your GUGL acct, allowing you to make purchases in game. PayPal can even accept other currencies (if set up for it), and change them from one to another for you.
Omnes Autem Uri