The invisible GM ....

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

The invisible GM ....

Post by LostKnight »

This is just a thought that has been rattling around in my head today as a result of a PM with another player here on the forum.

A new way to GM, or maybe making being a GM more affective ... who knows ...

Everyone sees them, the GM's at Map 0.0. And when they are there the language is instantly cleaned up. Scammers either disappear or stop advertising they have something to sell or want to buy something. Just yesterday I heard of someone getting cheated out of 250m when buying a wand. So sad and shows it is still going on.

So I'm thinking why not "invisible GMs" ... the "spy GM". GM's should be undercover, changing names, skins and (levels) on a daily/hourly basis and wandering around grinding or just walking through various places. Watching everything without being seen "as a GM".

For example an "archer(132)" complete with 2 green spiders, walks into the mithril cave under Silverwood, complete with mith tools and checks the place out, maybe mines a bit.

Hmmmm, that guy looks "AFK", or he watches a guy create a huge swarm and starts moving them to a couple of lower level players. Hmmm that's not allowed...

FLIP! he logs and in comes the "known GM" and lays down the law! An hour later dwarf(1632) with or without pets, checks out some higher level area. AHA! an AFK player, grinding.

And then there's the strong silent ogre, "fishing(118)" quietly fishing on the river near the bridges. I wonder who he really is! Monday he was level 116.

Names (if possible) levels and skins change constantly so they can't be pinned down so easy and they move away from the trouble area before the GM comes in. OR if the GM has 2 devices ... :twisted: Of course "fishing" would be a plant that well ... just fishes ... and watches ;)

These "spies" would be useful in "known" areas where trouble has been reported before or "repeatedly" in the same area...

The idea is: Caught in the act BY a GM.

OK ... that's it. I'm leaving now ...
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Re: The invisible GM ....

Post by LostKnight »

These spies - the real GM's alts. :D
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

At first I thought you were going to suggest the GMs would actually be invisible until they *poof* into view and grab someone... That would be cool too!

I like this idea. There would be a few ways to go about this I suppose. From a different post I had the idea of a watchman/GM blend along the lines of a "hunter" type of character, but that is different from the OP (or a variation, perhaps).

As it is, a GM often calms down the area they are at, as LK mentions, and some have alts that are well known too.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑ ↑ ↑
Exactly, they had well known alts that they could play just like everyone else. I'm suggesting these to be alts that are in fact GM spies.

The skins change, the levels change on occasions to suit the need and if possible even the name and character. If the character can't be changed then have two or three different characters. To help confuse the masses.

These are not meant to be "played" but are characters owned by the game itself and on loan to the GM's, therefore the GM's alts.
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Good ideas here. The game logs are always there as well to back up GM spy observations.
zilolo

Post by zilolo »

+ 1

Amazing idea,

This might just be what we need in order to keep those rule breakers at bay.
Just a young kiwi learning the way...

ps; I can speak either chinese or english don't hesitate to pm me if you need help translating something
Mukramin

Post by Mukramin »

GM We can not find ..we can't reach anyone ...
not enough number . .There are many people pleading
need easy access..
guilty ..innocent ..destitute ..should reach ..

I know very little English ..sorry if there is a mistake :oops:
Be an encourager, the world has enough critics already.

Dil = Türkçe
witch

Post by witch »

Spies that hunt auto clickers,afk players and rule brakers
:twisted: i like it !
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

But the spies are actual GM's incognito! I think it would work!

blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I still have alts that nobody knows... or do I?

😜
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏