Ghost Archer vs Fairy Pet

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Ghost Archer vs Fairy Pet

Post by LostKnight »

@ Gullander

Yup, happens with melee fighters, I did it with glass cannons and swamp lions a lot, never heard of it for a ranged fighter though.

:wave:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I don't think that I had a "need to whip" moment with halflings myself. I was usually grinding worms and they tended to swarm from all directions, so maybe not many opportunities.

Ranged pets/mobs have a certain attack range, but what is the "response range" for melee pets? I know melee pets standing still won't attack yellow archers that approach and shoot, but just how far away do mobs need to be to get your pets to attack?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:44 am
NightBaby wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:30 am I think this is a bug tbh... some pets with range don't attack something within a certain radius unless whipped.
Once whipped they attack it, even if it's from 1 space farther away than where they were originally...
GREAT! Another BUG!

Do I want to "test" this and maybe loose a fairy? I think not.
Well on my way through the desert, I found some lions. HEY!! Let's test this.

Parked the pets by a cactus, one north, one south, and went to a spawn point. Three came, very nice of them. Having done this a couple of times I knew "exactly" where the fairies would "auto attack" and it was closer then 12, believe me. So this time I stopped short of that point. I was approaching directly from the west, three lions attacking from behind. The fairies were parked north and south of the cactus in front of me.

I whipped the northern most fairy, and she moved in the best possible manner, north, so not moving closer to the lions. When she stopped, she killed one lion and moved back, killing a second lion. She did NOT attack the third lion. Whipped the fairy south of the cactus, she moved one spot closer to me, killed the lion and moved back.

So that's a HUGE thank you to NightBaby.

Still a BUG though. Something, Ghost Archers in this case, with a shorter range by 5 than them should not be able to attack them without a response from them. It does not make sense.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I'm glad others can confirm that it's a bug, hopefully it'll be fixed😊
Does life really get better?