Most important fear of the Green Gnome

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mr_Maks

Re: Most important fear of the Green Gnome

Post by Mr_Maks »

Are you telling me that I'm not mad at autoclicker after I personally suggest another way to solve the problem?And say that I would not do anything when I already do?
Your statements also did not impress me at all...
In real life, this is done by law enforcement agencies that do quite well with their work, as well GM in our game.And afk check is a simulation of hidden cameras that monitor people which will help GM punish them.It all depends on how it will work.Will he do it automatically or will each case be rechecked by GM.
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Go read my first post again clearly you didn't understand something was lost in translation :roll:
Leone

Post by Leone »

From reading your comments, I think you both agree that afk autoclickers are harmful to the game. The issue is around how to solve it.

Personally, I would rather see a variety of ideas than none at all. Initial ideas get debated, improvements made and hopefully they are implemented into the game.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Grahf wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:30 pm I do agree with the afk check but i do think before making the spawns back the way they were something would need to be put in place to detect auto clicking the current spawn system has only stopped high level players from auto clicking levels afk (some high level players still auto click just not afk and on tougher and not the most ideal mobs so then their spawn doesn't run out) meanwhile while low levels are still at large doing it if the spawns were to be reverted back auto clicking would then become an issue again not as great but still an issue as people would now not need to move around anymore they could simply set up an auto spawn start their auto clickers and simply level completely hands free (for some not all they could do this all day long gaining massive amounts of levels) while the only thing they need to do is keep an eye on their screen and glance at it every xx seconds approximately or so to make sure there's no gm or the afk pop up isn't there and if one of the 2 are present they simply would need to pause their clicker respond to the gm or the afk checker pop up by tapping the checkmark and then simply restart their auto clicker. The afk pop up would do good at stopping afk leveling but it wouldn't stop the other half of the abuse as for why the spawn system was changed
(Auto clicking)
I must give this a +1 as well. It has brought to light something I had never considered.

Yes we need an "Auto Clicker check", coded into the game¹ to look for "auto clicking patterns and timings".

Now the italics yellow, my doing, is an eye opener of something I simply had not considered before.
And the way Grahf described tells me that it's very possible, and quite likely, that that is going on right now.

On the second side of the coin:

I can also understand Mr_Mak's frustration and other like him, I won't be that level for a long long time - if ever. And even if I do reach those levels, a Swordsman must fight one on one or tank for his pets so I would never be able to do the mass killings like in the video.

However, players having problems grinding enough to get that elusive 0.01% drop that just doesn't come before the limit is reached has to be frustration to the extreme. Especially knowing that the reason for it is because of cheaters.

I hope Grahf and Mr_Maks can put personalities aside and get back to the issue at hand:

Finding a way of stopping;
1. Auto-Clickers,
2. AFK players, and
3. AFK Auto-Clicker players

Because they are all damaging the game!

Also, in my humble opinion, the penalties for cheating must be made a LOT stricter.
"Jail for life and a day" comes to my mind.

Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

My position "solving problems with minimal losses"
His position "to solve a problem even if you have to kill innocent people"
We will always have arguments, but honestly, I’m too lazy to spend time on it because with different positions you basically never reach a general agreement if you talk to each other.
I do not think that the solution of the problem should not seriously hurt the other players and especially those who have spent a large number of years in this game.I will stick to my position and no one can convince me otherwise.He can stick to his position and I will consider it infinitely wrong,thats whole point.

On account of the fact that auto clickers can still use it but without afk, I had a thought about it, but here we need a completely different solution.
No afk check not limiting spawns here will not help. Another completely new idea is needed.Just like for autoclickers in pvp.

I want to start with the current problem of afk autoclickers and return the spawn so that I and other high-level players can play normal how all other players.Once this problem is solved there will be time to think about the rest.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I have been reading these ideas (in multiple threads), and have realized something. While Maks has the right idea (in the long run), he is too impatient on returning spawns to umlimited. His afk-check IS a good idea, as is the click-timing-checker idea Grahf and LK brought up. Until such things are actually in game, however, spawn limits should remain as they are. All players needing rare drops suffer from this, but it is a necessity for now.
We ALL agree that something needs to be done. The question is which should come first. If spawns are reset to the old way before checks are put in place, the old abuses will simply start again, possibly worse than before. That in unacceptable.
Once the new engine is in place, and bugs worked out, THEN comp can decide which changes should come first. Until then, arguing over ideas is a waste of energy. Please submit your ideas, whatever they may be, as they can lead to even better ones. Do refrain from arguing over them, though. It accomplishes nothing but strife.
Omnes Autem Uri
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Mr_Maks wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:52 am My position "solving problems with minimal losses"
His position "to solve a problem even if you have to kill innocent people
Wrong :lol: your position will open up a can of worms afk check is not enough to revert spawns back to unlimited your position kills innocent people also... quit thinking it doesn't or hardly does i gave you a reason as to why afk check is not enough to revert spawns back you simply chose to ignore it. Then LK highlighted it in yellow in his post when he quoted my post and still you ignored it stop being a narcissist and thinking your ideas are top of the line and everyone elses aren't my first post i had agreed with you :lol: :lol: an afk check would be a good addition but then you turned it into an argument by attacking me and ignoring completely my reasoning as to why spawns should not be returned to how they were just yet an afk check is not enough plain and simple :roll: if auto clickers were not a problem in the game (or able to be detected and therefore GM can punish offenders) then afk leveling wouldn't be a problem since the game auto logs you out after xx time :geek:
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Not enough? Think of something else as the current spawning limit does not give anything except that it does not allow high levels to possible drop items.
I’ll tell you a secret if any high level moves to such monsters as ghost devil and black knights with 1.5b hp,or undeground devil with 900k,too get possible for it,they can also easily use autoclicker and getting free lvls.Low and middle levels can also use autoclicker.
This idea is completely useless.It only prevents getting drop for high levels,spawn limit dont help remove autoclickers you also ignore it by citing your "facts".
If you want to prevent autoclicker, better think up something new than argue with me.I agree that I did only a part of it, but you did nothing but chat.
Although,better dont try.With your methods it is better to kill the autoclickers and all other players at the same time :D
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Again you ignore what i said i already mentioned that high level players can still auto click lol it still happens its no secret but limiting the spawn has forced them to move to these higher level mobs which has slowed them down while your method would allow them to go back to how it was before and gain much much much more then they are now and and uh ever since the spawn limit was introduced the complaints of clicking on forum have gone down don't believe me check the forum hows that for your "facts" but knowing you the way you are you don't read anything and whisk through posts that dont put whatever you say up on a pedestal and all you did was "chat" also last time i checked compbatant is the one who writes the code not you, you did absolutely nothing but spitball which is "chat" :lol: its enough with your little belittling statements from the last few posts you made so now how about you "better think up something new" cause its getting old and stale.
Mr_Maks wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:40 amWith your methods it is better to kill the autoclickers and all other players at the same time :D
Also make up your mind you say the spawn limit affects high level players but now with what you said above it affects all players :?:
Also just an fyi the spawn limit affects me too you know i know how much of a pain it is to grind for an item with a limited spawn just to have it run out without getting a drop especially on the ones that are 0.1% chance to drop and still im against having spawns go back to how they were until other matters are taken care of. I'm done answering you on this thread mak its a waste of time and energy as you only hear what you want to hear
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

The fact of the matter is that it didn’t slow them down. It only affected the magicians who had to switch to monsters with a magic resist above.
High level warrios always used monsters with a high amount of health.It had no effect on them.
But I don’t say a word about it. I can also go to such monsters.Just high level players need the opportunity to get the drops they need.
Now you are contradicting your words in that if you remove the spawns, the “bank with worms” will open, although in fact, except for the situation with the magicians, everything will remain as it was.And "auto clickers can still be used on high level"
You made your message as if it would be the end of the world although if spawns will back now but in reality almost nothing will change.
And I do not ignore what you say. I answer what my translator translates, if he did not translate it once he will not do it second time either.Because of this, I may lose some important information, but if I translate every sentence in search of what I need to find, I will spend too much time on it.