a day at the movies

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Re: a day at the movies

Post by ryaca_ »

i am a sk fan from way back. now I'm going to have to read salems lot again.

the first book i read of his was called desperation and I've read it 3 times and been hooked ever since

the second book was the regulators. also 3 times

insomnia actually gave me insomnia. such a great read and it made me question my own sanity
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

If I like a book I reread it multiple times, the story always seems to change. Or maybe my understanding of it. :)

First time I read 'Salam's Lot I was convinced it was about 'vampires' some way into it. Did not read the back or inside cover.

I was on course, Friday after work, I was in the men's mess and a guy sat down in front of me leaving his dinner get cold as he read the last few pages. He finished and tossed the book down in the table between us and stated eating. I looked at the title and asked if it was any good.

"Yup, excellent."
- "Mind if I borrow it?"
"You can have it, I never read a book twice."
- I remember thinking what a fool! And a brand new book only read once. I read it many times over the years.
- "Thank you." Pulled it closer to my plate and took it back to the barracks. Friday night, everyone at the mess or down town. I had my own room, stretched out on the bed and started reading thinking I'll get an hour or so in before I shower and head out.

YEA! Like I said earlier, could not put it down. Best Friday night on a six month course ever!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

books r great
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:36 am If I like a book I reread it multiple times, the story always seems to change. Or maybe my understanding of it. :)

First time I read 'Salam's Lot I was convinced it was about 'vampires' some way into it. Did not read the back or inside cover.
"Salem's Lot" is the only book which I've read in double digits...it's STILL the only one that gives me the creeps, even knowing what will happen! Somewhere, somehow, someplace...my mind hears scratches on the window ;)
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'll put it on my 'to read' list. It may be a reread but I won't know until I start it.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:55 pm I'll put it on my 'to read' list. It may be a reread but I won't know until I start it.
Oh I think you will find that that book is a reread... or even a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-read
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Humble_M wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:45 pm "Salem's Lot" is the only book which I've read in double digits...it's STILL the only one that gives me the creeps, even knowing what will happen! Somewhere, somehow, someplace...my mind hears scratches on the window ;)
OK i was not going to mention this but since I really relate to what you just said:

On that particular Friday night, or sometime in the wee hours of Saturday morning, I remember getting up, closing the curtains of the large window, there was a pine tree forest just outside. Turning on all the lights, closing the transom, and locking the door. Crawled back into bed and continued reading.

Pine tree branches hitting the windows "not quite" as bothersome, but still, with a stronger gust of wind a "quick look" was in order. :o

@ Leone - you are gonna love it!