Why Don't Mages Get Mana Fill On Level?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Why Don't Mages Get Mana Fill On Level?

Post by SellSword »

Well, my question is pretty much summed up by the title here. When all characters level their health fills. When a mage levels their mana doesn't refill, and I'm curious as to why not?

Early on mages are pretty much dependant on mana. You could build stats like an archer for a few levels to get started, but for most players if they're not using mana pots it's because they're running back to the store to buy more...

If it was deemed "too much," I guess I don't really think so. A low level mage will get in just a few more kills, and a high level mage isn't really going to notice too much.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Re: Why Don't Mages Get Mana Fill On Level?

Post by LostKnight »

Good question. It does seem strange doesn't it. One would thing on levelling it would be recharged.

You have to buy mana pots - or stand and wait for it to refill.

And you when you buy them, can't you use 5x +20 mana pots to fill your mana up to 100, that's another strange one.

Our use the mana pots to "top up" your mana like HP pots.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

As a veteran mage, I don't worry about total mana anymore; only "skill point" mana. For new players, it's critical to refill on leveling. Perhaps this gets phased out as a mage gains various milestone levels:

Up to level 50: 100% refill
51 to 75: up to 75% total mana
76 to 99: up to 50% total mana
100+: refill on level no longer occurs
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I know the early levels are the only time it would matter, and it's not something that would be happening all that often realistically. More of a curiosity I guess.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

In all honesty, phasing it out (if implemented) would be irrelevant, as higher lvl mages would hardly notice one way or the other, but low lvls would benefit greatly.
IMO, +1
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Yea, as it is no a low level has to stand around and "wait" (fish, chop, mine) and 'hope' no enemy or PvPer attacks.

Mana potions are "useless" they can not be used like HP potions: use 3x 500HP to gain the 1300HP you lost to the mob. Nope, use a 20Mana Potion and that's it, even though you need maybe 5 of them to fill your mana.

So on gaining a level: recharge mana seems 100% fair!
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

My thought is that it'd be a negligible difference, so why not?

Assume that getting your mana refilled on leveling up would be considered a benefit up until level 500. How many days to reach that level? You'd maybe level a few times per day? Talk about not going overboard on benefits in a small duration, but basically save someone a few minutes of sitting around now and then.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

This can be abused if a player has a thick wallet.

If a player is between level 1-1500 buys a bunch of individual level ups and gets low on mana during PvP he can use the level up to refill mana. Mages already have a BIG advantage to heal and use slow spell to run around while mana refills so if this feature was changed it would cause some players trouble.
Hp is bad enough to abuse these purchaseable items with but it's not exactly a written violation because it's not a bug or glitch being abused but it's using a purchase for a unfair advantage in PvP.
But it's fine to do it in PvM so it can't really be changed.
But if it were my choice I would set the items to this status so they could not easily be abused.

When in PvP click on level up item to use and see this-

(You can not use this during PvP)

How great would that be? 😁
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

LordSeth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:35 pm This can be abused if a player has a thick wallet.
And we know there are a few of those out there.
LordSeth wrote: When in PvP click on level up item to use and see this-

Not the best. But way ahead of whatever is in second place.
I am always AFK!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

LordSeth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:35 pm This can be abused if a player has a thick wallet.

If a player is between level 1-1500 buys a bunch of individual level ups and gets low on mana during PvP he can use the level up to refill mana. Mages already have a BIG advantage to heal and use slow spell to run around while mana refills so if this feature was changed it would cause some players trouble.
Hp is bad enough to abuse these purchaseable items with but it's not exactly a written violation because it's not a bug or glitch being abused but it's using a purchase for a unfair advantage in PvP.
But it's fine to do it in PvM so it can't really be changed.
But if it were my choice I would set the items to this status so they could not easily be abused.

When in PvP click on level up item to use and see this-

Good point. Those of us involved in this particular thread were only looking at the pvm aspects, bc we don't pvp often.
Pvp abuse of this would be a problem, but i also like your suggestion regarding purchases not being used (abused) for unfair advantage in PvP. Utilizing the "cannot escape during PvP" mechanic (which already exists ingame) for it would suffice.

Still +1 to this idea, and +3 to pvp restriction of purchases in general.
Omnes Autem Uri