Remove mchat?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Remove mchat?

Post by Leone »

Why?

It's lazy. It's a way to have new users spam. It is also lazy as players ask questions that they could easily find out themselves.

But, here's the thing. I remember things posted on the forum. That's good for a key word search. I can't be the only one. As far as i know, that's not possible in mchat.

How many times can the answer be 'contact gm inbox '?
SellSword

Re: Remove mchat?

Post by SellSword »

I don't think that I disagree. It would be different if there were often ongoing conversations, but I think the last few times that has happened were when the server crashed and everyone was on complaining. Common of late are complaints, demands for a GM, people asking when they get out of jail, and questions that could be answered with a quick search.

I don't have very strong feelings about removing it, but wouldn't be heartbroken if it was.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

+1 Remove it.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I've never used it because this Forum is far superior.

+1 to removing
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Jessie Valdez

Post by Jessie Valdez »

Remove something then create more methods to get players to destroy the joy?
I vote to preserve Mchat as it is and punish anyone who violates the rules.
It should not have to go so far that we need to remove things that have brought good things, remove them that cause the problem.
We have had "new" and confused forum users who have appeared in Mchat, which we can welcome in the community. Where should they go?
Remove the problem and do not allow them to adversely affect the forum.
Seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears.
Leone

Post by Leone »

That's true about genuine players using it and i take your point. However, this group of players seems to be few and far between.

Perhaps I'm being heavy handed, but at the minute - in my opinion at least- mchat is not being used as it should be. It is for chatting with players not for GM requests or complaints.

Anyway, as ever, all opinions are welcomed.
Jessie Valdez

Post by Jessie Valdez »

Thx L3ON3 for your opinion.
Yes I agree, it is sad that the majority of players who use Mchat do not understand that there are other methods to notify the GM team when they need help etc.
However, I see no obstacle to updating the forum rules.

For example:

Mchat should only be used to chat with friends about common questions (and your right L3ON3), such as quest, guidance through the forum or just talk about what you did yesterday and how to open a coconut if someone want to know LOL

We must be clear with the rules and as soon as someone tries to show a bad behavior, the game's staff should put down the foot and teach them both
"in game" and on the forum.

I say this from a GM's perspective, You learn quite quickly who understands English / or a translated message compared to those who are honest.

Don't forget thoes players who think they get more attention by bombarding GM with threats and clearly triggering a disharmony.
They Should be punished immediately !!!
There is no reason for such behavior, the GM team is people with emotions and they do their job voluntarily.
Seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears.
Leone

Post by Leone »

*revives thread*

Same reasons - but to stress the point that a player's request for help today will undoubtedly be asked in the future.

Let's have a permanent forum record of the request and the excellent advice /support given.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

It would be nice if there were a convenient and obvious "Contact GM" button somewhere. I think Leone provides the GM Inbox link in mChat far more than anyone else.

I don't believe that is an option with the forum, but it would sure be convenient.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

SellSword wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:13 pm It would be nice if there were a convenient and obvious "Contact GM" button somewhere. I think Leone provides the GM Inbox link in mChat far more than anyone else.

I don't believe that is an option with the forum, but it would sure be convenient.
A large red button with the letters in bold "PANIC!" :lol:
Retired