We don't care

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

We don't care

Post by ryaca_ »

I wanted to touch base with everyone on this issue involving clans.

First, clan warfare and clan drama is last on our list of priorities. As Madmikael used to state, GMs really don't care about clan drama. He actually said this to me before and I got very angry with him. I was wrong. He was right. I see this now.

We have many things to take care of every day and when any of us misses a day then we get that much more behind. I usually try to take on the bulk of the GM inbox but I haven't been on much in the last two weeks. I will begin responding to the GM inbox mails tonight. Late tonight.

Second, we are not required to be on call for mchat users to show up immediately when players request a gm in mchat. Technically, if we wanted to we could ignore these requests all together as reports are supposed to be sent to gm inbox or a gm. We try to answer mchat requests when we can but this is the last priority for us. Players bringing their anger and emotional overreactions and clan drama to mchat and shaming us gms for not responding only makes us less hesitant to respond at all. I personally will not go to a clan map when mchat requests are already laced with hostility. Why would I want to show up to be yelled at?

Third, We are volunteers. We the GMs do this job for you the players. We are not on the payroll and are not required to do anything at all beyond what time we each feel like sacrificing each day. I personally have hardly been on at all in the last two weeks. Our personal lives must take priority over our volunteer work for FT. This will not change.

Fourth, if we have time we will show up on clan maps if and only if we are done taking care of other issues. Each GM must decide how they will handle each issue as they arise. I personally do not appreciate the hatred that has been directed at the gm team so I will not deal with any clan issues...for now. Maybe if I feel a little appreciation I will change my mind. Feel free to contact any other gm for clan related issues. I will delete pms regarding clan drama without even reading them...for now.

fifth, if compbatant one day decides to hire a gm team then and only then can players have a leg to stand on when they decide to start getting testy with the gm team. Until then, you will be dealing with volunteers. Send hatred and anger our way and we will simply ignore you.

Sixth, We are few and players are many. Any player that would like to volunteer to help us, they can apply to be a gm. Maybe if we had more help we could be more active. We have jobs, our health, families, and our personal lives to tend to. It is what it is.

Seventh, I'm sure that there are plenty of other games out there that have a fully staffed paid GM team. If players don't like ft maybe they can find another game to play. If players decide to stay they will have to deal with a very limited GM team.

I touched base with this issue. Please feel free to respond here with any feedback you may have.
LostKnight

Re: We don't care

Post by LostKnight »

I, for the life of me, cannot understand how people in the game can possibly expect GM help 24/7/365 on a personal basis.

Your first point, "Well said!", I'm sure, if MadMike saw it, he would appreciate it.

mChat is not "direct-line" to a GM. In fact as you explained, it could be deemed just the opposite. The direct-line to the GM's is "The GM Inbox" or a PM to a specific GM

GM's are volunteers., every person playing this game know that. Respect it!

Read the last two lines of my
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ SIG ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Well said. We should support our GM team rather than criticise.

The end result of constant criticism? Well, people will walk always they have had enough and then we won't have a GM team at all.

I for one definitely don't want this to happen.
Jessie Valdez

Post by Jessie Valdez »

Yes I agree , very well said.
3♡ +

I've been there
I've done that
Iknow exactly what you mean Ryaca.
Be strong guys and we will support your work to the fullest.

and for all the haters out there !!!
Don't be so quick to JUDGE
You never know when you might just find yourself
WALKING in that person's shoes.
Seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when it disappears.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Ty all. I will not give up.
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Ry is absolutely right. Considering what they must cope with the GM staff is nothing short of
AMAZING. They are overworked and under appreciated. I think they need more support and
much less criticism. And for clan members with drama issues. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
Part of being in a clan.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I would like to add something about the Title of this thread.

"You care, all GM's care" ... and there are a whole bunch of us that are glad you care.

That's the title ... now the first line:
ryaca_ wrote:I wanted to touch base with everyone on this issue involving clans.
That should be the title and "We don't care" the first line.

That would make more sense! Well, that's the opinion of this humble ninja-viking-LostKnight
I am always AFK!
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

LostKnight wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:33 pm I would like to add something about the Title of this thread.

"You care, all GM's care" ... and there are a whole bunch of us that are glad you care.

That's the title ... now the first line:
ryaca_ wrote:I wanted to touch base with everyone on this issue involving clans.
That should be the title and "We don't care" the first line.

That would make more sense! Well, that's the opinion of this humble ninja-viking-LostKnight
Yea the title was meant to be sarcastic. Of course we care. We just care a lot less for clan drama.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I know that - I just had to pipe in :D
I am always AFK!
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

Basically what this says is play the game at your own risk and any investment of time you have made in game can be loss to cheating and we have the right to do nothing.

I personally have been cheated and loss clan building to cheating. You say clan cheating is low priority. Yet it is a big part of Ft. You claim you don't need to be in a clan. Except unless you can afford to buy a house you need a clan for crafting.

I think it is bias you give people priority because there not in a clan. There pet being killed because they went to a area with dangerous monsters should not be placed ahead of cheating.

If you want to stop so much clan cheating let's look at fixing clan activity.

1. Prevent jumping of walls. (Which is abused alot)
2. Prevent clans from placing more then one or two unbuilt walls. Why do you need four unfinished builds. (Help stop spam)
3. Fix the tower range glitch.
4. Fix the planks glitch.
5. Prevent low lvls from creating clans. (Stop spam)

Most these bugs have been around for years. Why not fix them? Instead of yelling at players. Look in the mirror and figure out why you don't fix your game?

If you don't want to fix it understand we the players will continue to report people abusing the rules.

At least this thread will show everyone you do not care to fix the problems and don't care to deal with them.

You should put in game rules that clan activity is not fully supported in game and not to invest your time because you will be cheated and no one will do anything.

Anyways I'm hated by you all so I'm sure this will end in just hateful attacks on me personally, instead of an open dialogue.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein