Mage Attack Function

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Humble_M

Mage Attack Function

Post by Humble_M »

Can someone explain the logic behind constantly tapping the spell icon (green or yellow) to attack when all other players can simply tap once to start and tap again to use a different ability, etc?

Help Manual says that mages can cast spells (attack) 7x per sec, but at my best, maybe I can tap 4x per second. And, that's only at the beginning of PvM battles. For prolonged battles, my poor finger(s) tire and I'm lucky to tap 1x per sec! As with everything else in FT, I'm sure this function was (and is) driven by PvP. However, I think that all players should have the same game mechanics. If there are concerns about outcome of those mechanics, there are other ways to equalize.

Please, someone explain so I can give my finger a rest!
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Re: Mage Attack Function

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑ Likes that post.

Waiting with Humble_M
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Mages also can tap their normal attack just once and it will continually attack just like the other classes. Beyond that I couldn't provide you with an answer that you would be satisfied with and would furthermore make you mad.

I know from forum and game experience that mages get very emotional about this issue and being thatI don't pay a mage perhaps I'm not the right person to respond to this. I know this has been discussed since the beginning of FT and a forum search would probably bring up many threads about this.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I'm well aware of lots of older posts, which is why I think it's important to periodically start a new thread. Keeps it fresh and most people won't search forum for this type of topic
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

It only takes 1 "tap" for a mage to attack without tapping again with their weapon ( staff ). It is the magic that requires constant tapping. As.far.as.the 7 x per.second, the way I understand it is that would be the maximum by mechanics that would be allowed. Im also not a mage but have read many posts over.the years regarding trying to balance the overpowered mage characters
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

It is definitely a good discussion.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Personally I think it should be more like the other characters skill buttons. Tap, they work for a while then there is a cool down period. Only one difference ... read on...

So mage a uses "Attack all", it lasts "x" seconds, same as my Always Hit, or until mana runs out (lower level mages). If there is mana left, another tap starts it up again, no waiting as long as the mage has mana. After all; that's what magic is about.

Advantage: Saves blistered fingers and sore wrists.

Disadvantage: if you are not paying attention, you stop using magic and die! So many times I forget to check the "Always Hit" button. :D
I was always AFK!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It's a difficult solution to come up with. If mana is like a skill button the skill once applied continues even after the enemies are killed if we want a balance compared with how other class skills operate. That means wasted mana. There is no loss for other classes just the skill duration running out. Perhaps instead a press and hold feature like when you are using the directional pad. As long as you hold down attack spell it repeats at a fair duration casting until the button is released.
Retired
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Only speaking from archer pov, but our "magicc" can only hit 1 enemy at a time unless targeting, which means lots of tapping
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Ahhhh but a mage can use multiple skills at the same time.
I was always AFK!