FT unanswered questions and strange features

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: FT unanswered questions and strange features

Post by SellSword »

We have black coffee monsters and brown latte monsters but where is the coffee shop?

LostKnight's house, of course!

Why do the ghosts in the game need a lantern?

I know _NICKPAN_ says he doesn't need a light in the dark, so it appears he's commenting on his unique nature. Most likely Sebastius' spell making things hazy as referenced in a different post.

Why do mummies always look like they want to hug you?

Folks in England know every mum appreciates a hug.

Why do some monsters die complete, others fall apart, and some disintegrate? And why do different weapons cause the same look at death whether axe or sword or arrows or magic spell?

Monsters are actually immortal, thus the need to beat Sebastius. They fake their deaths, use stage theatrics to disappear, and then "respawn" soon. Different acting coaches, I suppose.

You have discarded vials from speed and unfreeze potions and hp potions and mana, unused stones and trunks, and piles of carnage from grinding. I want to know who picks up the trash in FT?

Vials are picked up by mobs and used for spider venom potion and vampire blood. It's a thriving mobs marked on used goods. Things like rocks make yummy snacks for lava golems and such too.

How come Martek is always attacked at the same time every day by Black Knights? A bigger question is when is Martek ever going to attack the Black Knights at their fortress?

I'm not going to speak ill of my black knight bretheren...

Why are the monks in the library always moving and never studying? How come when they get in your way you can’t just lop off their shiny head?

Their monastery practices a form of martial arts and the training looks like walking around if you don't have better resolution. Those that tried lopping off their heads are now ghosts who need lanterns...

What are the story lines of the books Darkness of the Fall, Hour of Wolf, and Rose in the Shadow?

They are collections of emo poetry.

Who is the richest NPC in FT? The guy selling war dogs? The travel bureau at Ardesia? Martek or Silverwood mounted guardians? Big Mike the miner? The shop owners? Or the Devil coalition? (I can already hear it...none of them...the woodcutter is! :lol: but that will require explaining please)

At risk of my life here, yes, the woodcutter. You don't think it's odd that he knows of events like landslides happening half a world away when others do? And he happens to be there when you "wake up?" He is clearly the head of a syndicate. He keeps the devils and humans in line, allowed HGM to open, and has a broad network. Those npcs charge hefty fees for some things because they all know a certain percentage goes his way. He gets unknowing accomplices to run messages for him, so everyone ends up complicit.

Ever wonder why compbatant tells people they can't buy his hut as a house because there are special plans for it? Fear! And speaking of fear... I fear that I have said too much now.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

The wood cutter decides who respawns. That's his power. Don't say too much, I beg you.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I sold my soul to the woodcutter.
Ryaca_1
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I am afraid now! Perhaps my of late problem of getting stuck in doors and stairs and between maps is the woodcutter closing in on me! :o I have always blamed his stooge Sebastius for everything but now I see how naive and dangerously wrong I have been. Perhaps as long as I keep spending gold it will stay his hand and a final blow against me....maybe...perhaps....
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I have always found the woodcutter to be a nice guy. Mind you, I bring him coffee cake and cookies on occasion.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

There is certainly more than meets the eye with the woodcutter.
Ryaca_1
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Here are some discrepancies to the good or bad with monster drops

How does a crazed lion use earth gloves?

How does a giant rat craft mithril armor and for that matter wear it?

Why do blue vlads drop a mage staff? And a glowing sword skeleton drops an axe? Or a glowing spider drops a helmet? Or a war dog a helmet too?

How can a caveman drop a mithril club when he doesn’t know how to forge weapons?

Here are some losers and winners with drops and we wonder why? First the bad.

A level 50 vampire sword drops a 25 sword and even lower level armor
A 150 Ghost Orc drops a level 75 club
A Knight (178) drops level 30 armor (he can also drop a 100 sword)
A blinking mage (198 lvl) drops a level 50 bracelet

Now the good not as many
A library sword vlad level 20 drops a lvl 25 shield
A level 59 club stan drops a 100 mithril club
A level 78 pink wizard drops a 100 wand

Any discrepancies in higher level monsters? And this doesn’t take into account quests where you get items behind the level you need to do them!
Retired