Human Behavior: How we react to the lack of competitive stimuli (FT Version)

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Human Behavior: How we react to the lack of competitive stimuli (FT Version)

Post by terminator »

After world war 2, the major foreign nations had been devastated by the war leaving just 2 main players, (US & Russia). This led all US trade to completely dominate foreign trade as these countries reconstructed themselves. This allowed for industries to flurry with success in the US. Some time later, a company (US Steel) was using a policy of vertical integration. this cut down the price of creating steel and closing other companies by bankrupting them. This created a monopoly, there are a number of reasons why these are bad, but they can sometimes be good. In this case, it led to one of the major reasons to why it crumbled. Because they were one of the only ones producing steel, they could set any price, at any amount, and not have to improve product quality or efficiency to produce. US Steel sat happily not investing in new techniques and machinery that could create lots of product for cheaper. However, as foreign nations recovered, these foreign steel industries bought these new upgrades. Soon these foreign nations drove this massive previously never competed company into the ground as they were so convinced that no one could ever beat them. Connection back to FT: For years we were the powerhouse of FT. No one challenged 2.2, this was the most protected map ever, and in a sense a monopoly. This led to decrease in levels of players of defense, because hey, who is gonna destroy it right? As foreign clans began to build and adopt faster grinding techniques, more building techniques etc even if they were banned, we continued the same route as we had years earlier instead of adapting to the issue. This relates back to the steel industry of how a monopolies paradise will be destroyed if they do not also continue to adapt to new ways, even if there is no competition. What is the solution to this? In my opinion we always require stimuli as humans. The best way to stay permanent is to have mini wars that "deflate" rather then pop the bubble. It allows us to practice inflating, not when we utterly need to as when we need it, it may fail, but many times throughout. The FT Historian :) Leave a like if you would like more stories :)
Last edited by terminator on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Re: Human Behavior: How we react to the lack of competitive stimuli (FT Version)

Post by LostKnight »

I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
terminator

Re: Human Behavior: How we react to the lack of competitive stimuli (FT Version)

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 amlike
I forgot there is no like button on a message xD.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Writing it works for me. :D
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

A very interesting analogy. The part about mini wars particularly struck a chord.

I'm not taking sides here, btw, but ... in FT every battle - whether it be PvP or sieging - seems to be linked to a larger war or campaign rather than just an event in itself.

I think this is the way FT has evolved. The focus on clan life used to be about having a laugh with new found friends and helping each other with gear and quests. Now it seems to be permanent war.

Can FT clan life evolve again?
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

As I see it there will only be one of two outcomes once one side has defeated the other.
As has happened now, the Victor will become complacent in their victory and a new "force" will emerge and start this process over again.
Or once victory is acheived, and all maps are rebuilt, allies will be broken and many mini-wars will happen as they battle for dominance of their map of choice.
Unfortunately I believe human nature is to show dominance over those u find weaker, and FT will mimic this behavior.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I couldn't care much less about clan skirmishes, battles, wars, or whatever one wants to call them, but keeping the status quo is never realistic. I don't care which side "wins," and I don't care if anyone thinks of me as an "us" or a "them," but the longer view shows change is really the only constant.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:25 pm {snip}
Unfortunately I believe human nature is to show dominance over those u find weaker, and FT will mimic this behavior.
FT it a part of this behaviour, not mimicking it, simply because it is "human nature is to show dominance over those u find weaker" and it is human fingers pushing the buttons.
I was always AFK!
terminator

Post by terminator »

Cycles......A very interesting occurrence. Many will not understand this post, but the few who do will do get my claim I am making. We try everything we can to stop the end of the cycle that negatively affects us personally, because we never know if we will be at the start. So we postpone this through stalling. I sense a disturbance in the stalling force, the cycle has been reawakened. But this time, it shall be a quick reign of power as half of the circle has been removed. Thus the circle shall be back to it's original position earlier then this last reign. Interpret this for how you view it, for if it wasn't done this way, no one would be able to read through the note in its place.

If you know the meaning of this post pm me, the first correct answer will recieve 1 billion gold and an applause
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf