Easy Newbie Guide

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cashew

Easy Newbie Guide

Post by Cashew »

FINISHED!

If you notice any errors or anything, feel free to let me know meow <3

I'm sure as most know, starting the game as a brand-new player can be overwhelming at first. Not knowing what to do, find quests, which quests to do, level up... etc and existing players obviously aren't going to hand-walk every single new player that comes along spamming the chat for help.

So this is for all you newbies that are looking for advice to get past that first day hurdle and get the hang of things, or for those wanting to make a quick storage alt without the NEED for a higher lvl friend/main to guide you.

Thanks go to LostKnight for helping me create this guide by dragging me by the tail along the way.

If all goes well, this shouldn't take more than a few hours (maybe couple of days depending on play time). Also it could a bit longer depending on if you have any assistance gathering items or you spend some time between steps to grind a few levels. Personally, I didn't grind anything until the very last step. You WILL have a full set of tools (minus hammer) by the end, so please don't ask how to get them meow.

NOTE: Items recieved from quests appear in the top left near the map, you MUST tap on them to actually pick them up/move them to your inventory. Sometimes quests will become IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE if you fail to do this or throw away an item needed to continue.

ALSO: Sometimes you will need to "spawn" the NPC, they aren't always there when you go and look for them.

I'm not going to go over every little detail; this is just mean to be a quick reference guide for us lazy people that hate quests but wanna benefit from their fast gain of early levels. A lot of the little details are told to you through the NPCs anyway, no sense repeating them here.

All pictures will be contained within spoilers, just click on them to view. Current NPCs/Objects will be surrounded by a Yellow or Green square, depending on the picture.

NPCs with quests will have a blue (?) above their head btw, if you haven't guessed that already meow ;)

First thing you should do when logging in (after reading through the opening text) is notice the campfire just a little North West from your location with a couple of NPCs sitting around it. Talk to them a few times to start a quest.

: Show
1.jpg
1.jpg (474.56 KiB) Viewed 10482 times

After accepting the quest, go a bit East to find the forester and get his quest to collect 4 wolf fangs.

2.jpg
2.jpg (457.92 KiB) Viewed 10482 times

Turn those in, get the book (drop, pick it up) then go back to the campfire and talk to the NPCs again. After you complete their dialogue sequence, you'll receive a pair of LvL 0 Boots. EQUIP THEM! You'll now be able to move a little bit faster.

Talk to these NPCs again to receive another quest about getting food from map 0,-1.

If you don't understand Map coordinates, the First number represents Right (if positive) or Left (If negative) and the Second number represents Up (If positive) or Down (if negative) the amount of "maps" away from the spawn map (where you first appear in-game or re-spawn after dying) which is designated map (0,0).

Map 3,2 for example is 3 maps to the Right, then 2 maps Up from spawn (map 0,0). You can also tap/click on the map in the top left corner, then tap on the pop-up map again to have every previously visited map display its coordinates.

Head down to 0,-1 and talk to the NPC seen here:

*WARNING* Several bees will spawn after talking to him.

3.jpg
3.jpg (473.17 KiB) Viewed 10482 times
Last edited by Cashew on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 am, edited 13 times in total.
Cashew

Re: Easy Newbie Guide

Post by Cashew »

Next head to the beekeeper just a bit East and accept his quest to kill 10 bees and obtain their stingers:

4.jpg
4.jpg (472.08 KiB) Viewed 10480 times

After giving the stingers to the beekeeper, head back to the NPC next to the scarecrow/dummy thing and talk a few times to get the food.

Head back to the campfire NPCs at map 0,0 and talk to the archer, then mage, and eventually get a new quest to obtain a fishing rod from an ogre on map 2,0

First though, head over to 1,0 and talk to the princess NPC located there:

5.jpg
5.jpg (463.4 KiB) Viewed 10480 times

Offer to take her back to father, going straight North then East (this same map) to avoid most harmful NPCs so she doesn't die so easy until you meet her father. Talk to him to complete this quest.

6.jpg
6.jpg (460.24 KiB) Viewed 10480 times
Last edited by Cashew on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Now head East to map to 2,0 and find the ogre fishing at the river in the North West corner.

7.jpg
7.jpg (461.6 KiB) Viewed 10480 times

Talk a few times to eventually get his quest to go get his club.

Go back to the NPC next to the scarecrow at 0,-1 and get a quest about scouting some bandits and their leader.

On this map, head East and then South down to a "Mountain Range" and talk to the NPC located there.

8.jpg
8.jpg (492.9 KiB) Viewed 10480 times

After seeing what happens, return to the NPC by the scarecrow to complete this quest and get the club.

Go back to the ogre and give the club to him to get the rod.

Return to the NPCs by the campfire at spawn to turn over the rod. Now either catch or buy/trade 10 regular fish to give to the Archer, who then cooks them, then talk to the mage again.

Eventually you'll be given another quest to go the dwarven mines at map 1,-1 to help them out.

First though, head to the crafter on map 1,-1 (might have to spawn him) and accept his quest to kill 10 orcs. He's located near the southern part of this map.

9.jpg
9.jpg (459.09 KiB) Viewed 10480 times
Last edited by Cashew on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

The orcs can be found North East by the stairs located there, and also down the stairs. (this is the Dwarven mine we'll be heading to in a minute)

10.jpg
10.jpg (471.57 KiB) Viewed 10479 times

After killing 10 of them, return to the Crafter to gain access to crafting. Note that not ALL items can be crafted, and only up to lvl 100 can be crafted here. Some items require other quests / NPCs to craft items, or owning a House / being in a Clan.

Head back up to the stairs and go inside, following the path (ignoring the turn here at first, his spawn is just south of it) until you see the dwarf NPC. Talk to him to accept quests. (Need 10 stone and 10 tree trunks, a found all over by mining grey stone-looking rocks or trees scattered across the world)

NOTE: If you're needing some early gold, continue mining stone (still only need 10 though) until you eventually get a "Meteor Stone". Depending on your luck this can take anywhere between 5-10 minutes and an hour, so there's no guarantee it'll be "fast" but it sure is easy. The Soul Stone (green) doesn't sell as well/easy, so I recommend not actually trying to sell one of those.

Don't just spam trade it to players! Offer the stone in chat and see if anyone is interested

If you see my alt "Pistachio" at spawn and mention this Newbie Guide, I will buy a single Meteor for 5m to help you out.

Normally I mine my own and if you just spam trade or try and sell it to me without mentioning the guide, I won't buy it because I don't really "need" them.

It'll look red, and generally sells for about 4-5m. Go back to the spawn map where you see a bunch of people fishing at the river and offer to sell it for like 1-2m. Yes I know this is way under-priced, but it'll get you enough gold to complete the tutorial/finish this guide whilst not having to wait for a long time for someone to pay full price for it. Offering it at a low-ball price will encourage a fast sale.

In the grand scheme of things, that 4m loss is absolutely nothing. It's much better to get that 1m gold in 5-10 mins than spend a couple of hours trying for 5m.

11.jpg
11.jpg (158.34 KiB) Viewed 10479 times

After completing his fetch quests, return to the Campfire mage to eventually receive another quest to visit the Bank (-1,1) and Tavern (2,3) which give you access to additional storage. I just stuck a random thing in each one to access them for the first time.

From spawn walk Up a map then Left a map, then go North West to reach the Town/Bank located there.

12.jpg
12.jpg (481.57 KiB) Viewed 10479 times
Last edited by Cashew on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Now, make your way to map 2,0 and roughly in the center you'll see a portal surrounded by a couple cows.

13.jpg
13.jpg (452.35 KiB) Viewed 10478 times

Use this teleport to get into a fenced in area on the same map as Tavern (2,3). Simply walk up to the gate and activate it to be released (same as going down the stairs, chopping trees, etc).

14.jpg
14.jpg (476.1 KiB) Viewed 10478 times

Make your way South West from here until you get to the tavern, then head inside.

15.jpg
15.jpg (490.27 KiB) Viewed 10478 times
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Once inside, head up to the barkeep there and talk to him. (YOU WILL NEED 1000 GOLD COINS)

16.jpg
16.jpg (399.2 KiB) Viewed 10477 times

After talking to him, go to the stairs at the top right (green square in previous picture) to the rooms located there.

Here you'll see 3 rooms at the bottom, the middle one being your "Tavern" bank space, the chest inside in which you interact to access it (green).

17.jpg
17.jpg (357.08 KiB) Viewed 10477 times

After interacting with the chest inside, go back downstairs and talk to the barkeep again to give him 1k gold in exchange for permanent access to this storage area.

Now head back to the Mage by the campfire at spawn and talk to him until you complete the quest.

Depending on how much grinding/other quests you have done along the way, you should be anywhere between lvl 15-20. At this point I recommend heading to map 3,1 (or 3,0 if it's too busy there) and hunting Yellow Archers for XP. These archers also drop Fire Bows which can be sold at a shop for monies.

NOTE: The Yellow Archers (and their unique counterpart) have 18/19 DEX respectively, so make sure and set your DEX accordingly! Also make sure to visit the shops as you go along to buy gear when necessary, hence the Meteor tip ABOVE. You should be able to buy everything you need on a single Meteor up to this point (even if at like.. 500k tbh but ofc 1m wouldn't hurt, still dirt cheap and afaik most people will jump on it at the time I'm righting this guide.)

If you don't remember or know how to reset your characters stats (not level) to re-distribute them, the NPC to do so is located at the Spawm map (0,0) usually just a bit North of the river. He's not always in the same spot, just like most NPCs in the game.

THIS WILL DRAIN YOUR CURRENT XP TO 0 !!!!! TO NOT LOSE YOUR XP AND RESET YOUR STATS, PURCHASE IT IN THE PREMIUM SHOP BY LOGGING OUT AND THEN CLICKING ON THE GOLD COINS ICON ON THE BOTTOM

Reset Mage: Show
Reset Mage.jpg
Reset Mage.jpg (444.99 KiB) Viewed 10414 times

This will get you to lvl 30 fairly easy which unlocks Blue Monster Gold pets at the shop (located at -1,-1) for additional inventory space (1 full page per pet).

These pets aren't strong and will die easily, so be careful where you take them.

There you have it; an easy / soloable guide for any new player or alt without access to a higher level account to support for the first 30ish levels or so. After that, just walk around doing quests and such. Grind mobs, spend money on pets or levels if you get impatient, whatever floats your boat.

Popular mobs for the "next step" are like Blue Vlad, Red Crocy (decent money for newbies) Crazed lions, it all comes down to personal preference what what is / isn't packed with players at the time.

Some classes deal % based attacks such as Archer, Swordsman, and Ogre. These work best against high HP / XP mobs, but require a higher level player / account to "Tank" for you (or their pets).

DO NOT just go and start attacking high level player's mobs or bring waves of mobs to them. This can be seen as harassment if unwanted and continued. The result is they pull pets away and you get swarmed by the mob and die, or if constantly harassing them; end up resulting in jail time for your account.

Generally if you can spawn good enough and ASK NICELY some players will allow you to leech freely. Some may charge you gold, and some may not want you there at all.

There is no obligation for ANYONE to do this for you so if they say no even after being nice and such, just leave. Persisting may end up in you getting killed or jailed.

I hope this helps players through that first day or two of learning the game and getting used to how things work. There are other faster ways to increase your level early, but most require the assistance of another player and even still can be a pain to complete.
Last edited by Cashew on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Fantastic guide! Well done to both of you.

I suggest this is moved to the Walkthrough sub forum.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I added a little part about making some gold a little early by trying to get a meteor during / between the dwarf quest wanting stone. It's not guaranteed and depending on luck can take a while, but it's still a relatively easy way to make some start-up gold to get you through the earliest stages of the game.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

WOW! KUDOS Cashew.

This is Kulgan's Tutorial (what I call it) in a nutshell.

Meteor stone <<-- Great Idea!

But please people "announce you are selling it" do not just start spamming it on people. That's breaking the rules of the game and you just might get reported.

First 5 people that see me, LostKnight, in the game and are "low levels" doing this series of quest that mention "Cashew's Guide" to me gets 5m for a stone - Meteor or Soul. 1 per customer, names will be announced right here.

1 - Name here
2 - Name here
3 - Name here
4 - Name here
5 - Name here
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Nice! I agree this would be a good walkthrough for that section.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.