Auto-Spawning Guide

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cashew

Auto-Spawning Guide

Post by Cashew »

FINISHED! IF YOU NOTICE ANY ERRORS/ HAVE COMMENTS FEEL FREE TO POST OR SEND ME A PM AND I WILL MAKE CHANGES Meow <3

DISCLAIMERS / NOTICES

None of this has been verified to me by those that have created it, this is all simply from playing around with the auto and seeing what does and doesn’t happen when I do things. I couldn’t help it though; they always say curiosity killed the cat.

The GIFs behind the spoilers are large, anywhere between 3-5Mb so you are hereby warned.

Even still I had to heavily edit/compress them to convert from video to GIF so that I can post them on the forum, so obviously the quality isn’t going to be the best and a little varied depending on the length. I apologize if you find them difficult to see/watch/load but there’s not much else I can do about it. It’s better than nothing meow.

IF YOU REACH THE AUTO-LIMIT FOR YOUR HOUR, THE ONLY WAY TO CONTINUE SPAWNING IS TO EITHER DO SO MANUALLY, OR MOVE TO A DIFFERENT SPAWN LINE. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BYPASS YOUR HOURLY AUTO-SPAWN LIMIT

If you are constantly reaching your spawn limit per hour, it's a sign you need to start seeking out higher leveled Mobs. If you're going for drops though, simply start spawning manually or move to a different spawn location and start the auto again.

==============================================================================================================================================================

This guide is going to assume you already know the basics about spawning / auto-spawning and are simply curious as to how it all works and/or want to learn how control an auto-spawn better. If you don't, click on the "Basic Spawning Guide" link in my signature.

It’s not explaining EXACTLY how I believe it works (individual monster cycles) because that’s a bit more complicated to explain; instead I’m putting it all in a nutshell (meow) to make it as simple to understand and explain as possible.

Depending on the any combination of the mob, your pets/level, OR your class (Some have AoE/ Multi-Target Skills) at times you do/don’t want to be constantly surrounded by mobs. There is actually a very simple and easy way to control how many and the exact frequency / pattern in which you can “set” your auto spawn to.

Well, until someone comes walking along and messes it all up.

Anyways…

Think of each auto-spawn “cycle” as being 1 minute long. From the first time you spawn a monster and any following it afterwards for the next minute, that’s exactly how your auto-spawn will create mobs every “cycle”.

For example; if I were to spawn a single batch of 10 mobs in a row and stop on the line; once per minute 10 mobs would automatically spawn.

10 Spawn Wave Spawning: Show
10 Spawn gif.gif
10 Spawn gif.gif (3.31 MiB) Viewed 3563 times

If I were to spawn 5 in a row, wait a little bit, and then 5 again; that’s exactly how the auto-spawn would work for each “cycle”. 5 mobs spawn, pause, then 5 more for a total of 10.

5 then 5 Split Spawning: Show
5x5 GIF.gif
5x5 GIF.gif (4.44 MiB) Viewed 3563 times

Or even like this: 4, 3, and then 3 whilst giving different pauses in between for a total of 10 per minute spawned. Even if you fail at dragging spawn to pets/tank or something and step off the line or walk the line (meow), only steps that manually activate a spawn will count towards the auto cycle.

4x3x3 Trickle Spawning: Show
4x3x3 GIF.gif
4x3x3 GIF.gif (4.54 MiB) Viewed 3563 times

Basically, whatever “pattern” you spawn them in; that will be how your auto behaves.

Remember though that if you for whatever reason step off; when you step back on to continue auto spawning you will add 1 more mob to your current cycle unless you reset it first.

No matter how long it has been since you first started it, you can always add more spawns into your cycle by manually spawning more at any time. Only resetting can remove them.

To “reset” an auto-spawn, simply step off and wait about a minute or log out/in. Once it’s cleared, you can set up whatever pattern you want all over again.
Last edited by Cashew on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Cashew

Re: Advanced Spawning Guide

Post by Cashew »

REMEMBER! Even if you haven’t killed all of the remaining mobs around you, as long as you’re on the auto when the next “cycle” starts, the cycle will repeat itself and create more mobs. Depending on the timing this can be deadly as more and more surround / trap you.

An example of that would be spawning 5 and then at the last part of the cycle spawn 5 more. As you sit there and watch each cycle it will appear as if there are just 10 of them spawning in a row (or a very slight pause, sometimes double spawns depending on how you have "built up" the cycle via charging (see below).

5 then 5 spawn that connects: Show
5x5 Delayed GIF.gif
5x5 Delayed GIF.gif (3.87 MiB) Viewed 3561 times

This can turn what you intended to be a 8 then 8 split auto into a potentially deadly 16 mob wave auto if timed incorrectly. Technically they both have the same amount of spawn in the current cycle (16); they just have a different pattern

Generally a trickle/split auto-spawn vs. waves will result in less HP loss as fewer mobs are attacking you at once, depending on if you allow a “rest” in the auto to heal this might not matter though.

Again, this really only applies if you don’t have any AoE skills or at what speed you kills the mobs. If you kill them in just a few hits; even without an AoE skill then you might as well just charge up the spawn and spend a minute healing when you/your pets finally get low on HP.

Classes that can only kill mobs individually benefit more from a trickle-style spawn simply because being surrounded continuously allows for free attack rolls before even attempting to kill whatever mob is hitting you; needlessly losing HP as you're not potentially getting XP from it when not dealing any DMG to it.

CHARGING

This is basically continuing to add more and more mobs into your auto-spawn cycle over time to create a steady flow of them. Mostly this is done by spawning a group of mobs every time you run out. Eventually they will start to spawn in what appears to be random waves/groups; even sometimes appearing as double/triple spawns in a continuous stream.

At some point it’ll reach the map limit OR sometimes the mobs will be unable to target anything (all spaces around you/pets are taken) and simply de-spawn without moving after a couple of seconds if you can’t kill them fast enough. I’m pretty sure the ones that de-spawn count against your spawn limit per hour, but I’m not entirely sure.

If you notice the latter happening I recommend slowing down your auto both to not potentially waste hourly spawn charges AND to be courteous and not fill up the map limit with wasted spawns.

When a map DOES get full, most players will keep trying to manually spawn and increase their auto flow to compete with the other players spawning on the map. Each “attempt” adds to the total whether anything spawned or not when a map is full.

That’s how all of a sudden an auto can get out of hand when the map becomes empty again (or the spawns suddenly go in your favor). Although not doing so can cause an auto to “stall” as well, forcing you to start it all over again anyway.

Most players aren’t going to care about most of this or just simply charge an auto-spawn by continuously spawning more until it becomes continuous and stopping it to heal when needed.

I recommend if you’re unsure of what you’re doing or have fragile pets to slowly charge an auto and play around with it until you find exactly the right pattern you can set without putting yourself/your pets in danger.

Or just do it manually tbh, but for us lazy people it’s nice not to have to do that.

NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! Always pay attention. Not only is setting up an auto-spawn and going AFK against the rules, it's dangerous to do so.

I hope this guide helps satisfy those curious (like I was) as to how the auto-spawning mechanics work and makes others’ lives easier when they don’t understand why every time they try to auto spawn it ends up looking like a swarm of endless locusts raining down upon them in the end.
Last edited by Cashew on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
SellSword

Re: Auto-Spawning Guide

Post by SellSword »

Awesome explanation there!

If you are grinding for either xp or drops you can use the above tips to create an autospawn that is sustainable for long periods. Either a trickle spawn or a spawn with an hp regen break might be good to think about, but it all depends on your character, pets, and what you're spawning.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

SellSword wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:55 pm Awesome explanation there!

If you are grinding for either xp or drops you can use the above tips to create an autospawn that is sustainable for long periods. Either a trickle spawn or a spawn with an hp regen break might be good to think about, but it all depends on your character, pets, and what you're spawning.
Yesh, already mentioned that it DOES depend on a lot of variables as to how you set up an auto. This is merely a more detailed (plus visual aid) of HOW to get an auto to behave how you want it to.

I still think most players will simply charge up an auto and then stop it to heal then rinse / repeat. I still think it's nice to have the info here anyway, especially for new players.

It's why I'm creating these guides, so I don't have to re-explain over and over the same exact thing to new players so they don't get frustrated and leave when nobody halps explain things.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Spacing condensed after some feedback (Thanks LK)

I think because of my monitor showing more of the page at a time I didn't realize how much scrolling it woulda been for devices/smaller resolution screens, but that's why I ask for feedback meow ;)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cashew wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:11 pm It's why I'm creating these guides, so I don't have to re-explain over and over the same exact thing to new players so they don't get frustrated and leave when nobody halps explain things.
Only IF they come read the forums and then IF they find your guides.

But don't get me wrong, they are great and I will recommend them.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:47 pm
Cashew wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:11 pm It's why I'm creating these guides, so I don't have to re-explain over and over the same exact thing to new players so they don't get frustrated and leave when nobody halps explain things.
Only IF they come read the forums and then IF they find your guides.

But don't get me wrong, they are great and I will recommend them.
Most of them spam in-game chat for help, to which I've always sent here to the forums anyway. If they ignore me / don't wanna come read it.. well...

Not my fault if they be lazier than me.

I'm forever putting my "help" to new players here on these forums for the sole reason of not having to repeat myself day in and day out.

Either way, they have to read / be shown what to do regardless is how I figure it. This just lets me only have to do it once instead of 10x a day for each new player that comes along.

I AM a lazy kitty after all meow <3