For clarity #

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Re: For clarity #

Post by terminator »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:13 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 pm
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:18 pm Pay 2 Win games is not the future of Gaming.
But, unfortunately, is the future of a category of Gaming: Mobile Gaming.

Could give hundreds examples, i've been playing games since i remember myself and never stopped a day playing lol
until the day that skins are 90% of the income, i dont see it changing either ;)
I thought of an example of a very popular game which has 0 p2w features, and a great income from only skins and cosmetics (the known fortnite)
but again i don't compare it with FT , way different games and different marketing, just said an example of a non p2w successful game but of course a game like FT can't have muchh income from a few pixel skins, and since the p2w feature is already in the game, there is no need to change this now it's too late and creator chose it to be like that, we either join it or leave. Since you are in this topic with me now, it means we both chose and accepted the p2w feature coming along with all the other great features.
That was the game i was reffering to xD. We dont have a 250m player platform where if each player spends $10, the game makes $2.5b lol
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Rothost

Post by Rothost »

terminator wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 pm
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:13 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:23 pm

until the day that skins are 90% of the income, i dont see it changing either ;)
I thought of an example of a very popular game which has 0 p2w features, and a great income from only skins and cosmetics (the known fortnite)
but again i don't compare it with FT , way different games and different marketing, just said an example of a non p2w successful game but of course a game like FT can't have muchh income from a few pixel skins, and since the p2w feature is already in the game, there is no need to change this now it's too late and creator chose it to be like that, we either join it or leave. Since you are in this topic with me now, it means we both chose and accepted the p2w feature coming along with all the other great features.
That was the game i was reffering to xD. We dont have a 250m player platform where if each player spends $10, the game makes $2.5b lol
Honestly people, the day level buying started this game went p2w, so get over it and play the game as u want to play it.
SUGGESTIONS:
Clan Duke Helper (Post Thu Jun 23, 2016)
Clan pet storage (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Outlaw penalty (Post Tue Nov 22, 2016)
Gear UpGrades (Post Thu Feb 22, 2018)

[ok] Rothost (D)- Amazon
[SMRF] Rothosta (L)- Huntress
[WAAR] Roth (D)- Freya
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

They all kept their XP earned too at the un-adjusted rate of less xp per mob.

Could have done the formula (level - bought) > 3377, if true then whatever level difference (X) - 3377 = Y. Y being how many "earned" levels post 3377

Y x 2.14b (XP cap) to figure up total exp, then take total XP (Z) divided by algorithm to show a TRUE adjusted level, similar to:

Z / (2.14b + [n x 650k]) where n increases by 1 each "level" past 3377. 3378 would be 1 x 650k, 3379 would be 2 x 650k... etc.

That wouldn't have been as easy to implement though PLUS would have resulted in the loss of even more levels.

BUT it would have been a TRUE adjustment according to the new XP formula; instead they followed the simplified version which basically gave everybody affected free levels by not taking away as many as they could if they made all XP/levels earned post 3377 actually follow the new formula.

None of that is taking into account re-adding all purchased levels at the end when they're the most valuable; even if they bought them at the very beginning to be able to exploit the XP cap and then "earned" most/all of their XP afterwards.

Complaining about free levels, seems legit. I prolly could have participated if I hadn't spent my money on pets/skins/house/bags/etc on myself and others, but I both thought it would never change and if it DID, that all levels would be adjusted according to how I just described it.

Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, too late to go back and abuse it to reap the rewards. Less chance of catching anybody now so that's a plus too, unless ofc you fork over $5k+ and start grinding alongside them.

Or they all quit, but we all know they ain't gonna.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Cashew wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 pm They all kept their XP earned too at the un-adjusted rate of less xp per mob.

Could have done the formula (level - bought) > 3377, if true then whatever level difference (X) - 3377 = Y. Y being how many "earned" levels post 3377

Y x 2.14b (XP cap) to figure up total exp, then take total XP (Z) divided by algorithm to show a TRUE adjusted level, similar to:

Z / (2.14b + [n x 650k]) where n increases by 1 each "level" past 3377. 3378 would be 1 x 650k, 3379 would be 2 x 650k... etc.
Thats exactly what did happen lol

Summation (Y*2.14b) = Summation (New System of (50,000,000+650000(n-150))

Solved for N, bought lvls re added
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

terminator wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:18 pm
Cashew wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Yes but the point I'm making (I realize I tried to over-simplify the formula for anyone attempting to read and left out an important part, my bad) is that's where the calculations stopped to make it easier. I'm basically saying the exact formula could be have been applied to the XP itself AND take into account for mobs getting reduced experience through the coefficient formula.

That only takes current XP and plugs it into the level formula, not the fact that the time spent grinding on the "new" formula would not equal up to that much XP.

Examples are always better so here ya go:

Old way = lvl 8k player kills 10 mobs worth 10m XP each, and gets 100m XP. 100m of this XP is calculated into the new level formula. (This is where the freebie part comes in)

New way = lvl 8k player kills 10 mobs worth 10m xp each, but due to coefficient to simulate an extra 650k / level (we will say 50% for easy maths) they are now worth 5m XP each, only netting 50m XP for the level formula.

Was their overall XP (not just level) put in line with the new XP coefficient that LOWERS XP gained for each mob killed? Basically meaning was any XP "lost" before even calculating the new level formula from what remained to "simulate" the fact that mobs now give reduced XP.

From my understanding it wasn't (could be wrong) meaning they were given leniency in the fact that they DIDN'T get their actual XP reduced due to all mobs now give less XP each the higher you level past 3377. I also know it would require another complex equation to figure out, one I'm too lazy to even attempt and most likely anyone else for that matter especially since all it'd do is result in more anger over more lost levels.

Even if it was and I'm just understanding it wrong, nothing was "lost" as it's just put in-line with everybody else. You can't abuse an unintended game mechanic and keep the rewards in pretty much any other MMO game (even though it actually appears they did) why would FT be any different?

At least all of the "purchased" levels were re-arranged for maximum value. That alone can be compensation enough depending on when they were bought; at lower levels they're only worth thousands maybe millions of XP but at a higher level they are worth BILLIONS.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:18 pm Pay 2 Win games is not the future of Gaming.
But, unfortunately, is the future of a category of Gaming: Mobile Gaming.

Could give hundreds examples, i've been playing games since i remember myself and never stopped a day playing lol
Let me rephrase that. In app purchases and pay to play is the wave of the future.
Last edited by proto_nuke on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryaca_1
terminator

Post by terminator »

Cashew wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:27 am
terminator wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:18 pm
Cashew wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Yes but the point I'm making (I realize I tried to over-simplify the formula for anyone attempting to read and left out an important part, my bad) is that's where the calculations stopped to make it easier. I'm basically saying the exact formula could be have been applied to the XP itself AND take into account for mobs getting reduced experience through the coefficient formula.

That only takes current XP and plugs it into the level formula, not the fact that the time spent grinding on the "new" formula would not equal up to that much XP.

Examples are always better so here ya go:

Old way = lvl 8k player kills 10 mobs worth 10m XP each, and gets 100m XP. 100m of this XP is calculated into the new level formula. (This is where the freebie part comes in)

New way = lvl 8k player kills 10 mobs worth 10m xp each, but due to coefficient to simulate an extra 650k / level (we will say 50% for easy maths) they are now worth 5m XP each, only netting 50m XP for the level formula.

Was their overall XP (not just level) put in line with the new XP coefficient that LOWERS XP gained for each mob killed? Basically meaning was any XP "lost" before even calculating the new level formula from what remained to "simulate" the fact that mobs now give reduced XP.

From my understanding it wasn't (could be wrong) meaning they were given leniency in the fact that they DIDN'T get their actual XP reduced due to all mobs now give less XP each the higher you level past 3377. I also know it would require another complex equation to figure out, one I'm too lazy to even attempt and most likely anyone else for that matter especially since all it'd do is result in more anger over more lost levels.

Even if it was and I'm just understanding it wrong, nothing was "lost" as it's just put in-line with everybody else. You can't abuse an unintended game mechanic and keep the rewards in pretty much any other MMO game (even though it actually appears they did) why would FT be any different?

At least all of the "purchased" levels were re-arranged for maximum value. That alone can be compensation enough depending on when they were bought; at lower levels they're only worth thousands maybe millions of XP but at a higher level they are worth BILLIONS.
If im understanding what you trying to say, you saying that their was no coefficient applied. The coefficient is exactly equal to adding 650k each time. Either formula is interchangable. If i say im adding a coefficient im saying im adding 650k each time and vice versa. if i used the coefficient to calculate the formula, it would give the exact same output, as it is the same formula.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I don't care what game it is. There will always be in app purchases.

Fortnite is solely aimed at kids. Of course it's not pay to win. Where are kids gonna get the money? Oh wait, fortnight gets millions in micro transactions. Wonder where it comes from.
Ryaca_1
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

And Fortnite cannot be compared to FT. FT is a very small game with only one server. How many servers does Fortnite have?
Ryaca_1
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

@ term

Let's say a player past 3377 had killed 10k mobs earning 100T experience in total after figuring out the X-3377 remainder * 2.14b etc formula before the fix.

Was that 100T experience then modified to account for every mob killed getting less experience? Because now:

If a player past 3377 killed those same exact 10k mobs; their total experience would not equal 100T.

It would be less because the mobs now give less XP individually after level 3377 to simulate needing 650k/lvl more XP each time you gain a level. They would have less than 100T to calculate into the level formula, resulting in an overall lower level for the amount of mobs killed / time spent grinding.

Is this making sense?