For clarity #

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Re: For clarity #

Post by terminator »

Cashew wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 am @ term

Let's say a player past 3377 had killed 10k mobs earning 100T experience in total after figuring out the X-3377 remainder * 2.14b etc formula before the fix.

Was that 100T experience then modified to account for every mob killed getting less experience? Because now:

If a player past 3377 killed those same exact 10k mobs; their total experience would not equal 100T.

It would be less because the mobs now give less XP individually after level 3377 to simulate needing 650k/lvl more XP each time you gain a level. They would have less than 100T to calculate into the level formula, resulting in an overall lower level for the amount of mobs killed / time spent grinding.

Is this making sense?

I see what your getting out....However

Time of getting (50m+650k(n-150))= Time of getting 2.14b * Coeff
Amount of mobs to kill is the same between both

Even though it takes less xp, it takes the same amount of time. Time is the unchanging factor....Lvl output is being adjusted.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Remember the coeff

(2.14b)/(50m+650k(n-150)= C

The inverse of this is 50m+650k(n-150)/2.14b, multply it by 2.14b we get the original formula 50+650k(n-150)
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

After leaving to watch the local fireworks I realized I was just overthinking things and shoulda just stopped after I was told it was based exactly on XP and not just rounded off by levels like I was first understanding.

My bad, I tend to do it at times and just can't help it but I will give credit to this thread, it did provide me with clarity ;)

Nothing was really lost or gained in terms of time or XP/levels spent grinding so there really isn't anything to really be mad about. Most of the players (if not all) had been wanting this fix for a long time and it finally happened. For compensation to those that had already passed the level limit, any "purchased" levels will be applied at the end of the account to give them their highest value possible.

For the people complaining about how some had more or less levels drained than others: it's simply because they have more bought levels added to their account and happened to be past level 3377 yet had NOT spent a total of (XP required for lvl 3377) amount of time grinding, but still benefited from the "levels applied after XP accounted for" perk that EVERYONE above lvl 3377 earned.

They had the same exact treatment you did but due to a technicality of fairness, didn't have as many (if any) levels removed after the XP Cap Fix from their account.

EDIT: Not to mention it was impossible to tell when exactly any purchased levels were applied, so instead of making them worth the least (applying at the beginning) it was decided they would all be applied at the end.

Either way these players would still be ahead of you, it's not the developer's fault players decided to abuse a broken XP system to obtain massively high levels.

A fix was finally made and everything was adjusted accordingly. Most are still well above the average player regardless because of how much time invested, which is ofc how it should be.

The average game nowadays will run an average person a anywhere between $20-E200 if they purchase all of the DLC etc at most. Even for most other app purchase games, an "average" spender wouldn't spend more than this either per game.

These players have invested thousands if not 10k+ into this one single game. That's like investing in potentially hundreds of games, which you could spend YEARS playing (as the players most affected have) and still not be able to be the best in every one of them. Your level correctly reflects the time spent, and theirs reflects the money spent.

That's pretty much my "clarity" on the whole situation.