It is NOT me

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: It is NOT me

Post by SellSword »

I think similar names are sort of a case-by-case issue. Take LostKnight as the original poster. I could see legitimate player names of LastKnight and LostNight that are not trying to copycat him. Very different from a player named "LK_owner" or "Lost knigh" walking around offering to sell the LostKnight account or say they are LostKnight's alt wondering if they could borrow gold or items.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm
El.Menda wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 pm Según me informó un GM, nadie puede tener un nombre muy parecido o muy similar al mío.
LK wrote:Actually they can. Nothing in the rules that say they can't.

I have seen two "Huntress" characters: Boudica and Boudiica, the second chose a misspelling because Boudica was taken.
El.Menda wrote: Rompe una de las reglas del juego.
No se decir cuál. Solo las leí una vez.

Pero si ese jugador es lvl 900.....

Normalmente los estafadores son lvl bajos..
He says a player has similar name and is level 900. His account is much lower than this "copycat".
There were already el_manda accounts before his el_menda account.
He cant call them a scammer or copycat if it existed first.
If he is calling EL_Manda a copycat he is wrong for the reasons you state.

@ E.Menda
EL_Manda is a game Translator and NOT a copycat and someone that helped me 2 years ago when I first joined FT.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:12 pm I think similar names are sort of a case-by-case issue. Take LostKnight as the original poster. I could see legitimate player names of LastKnight and LostNight that are not trying to copycat him. Very different from a player named "LK_owner" or "Lost knigh" walking around offering to sell the LostKnight account or say they are LostKnight's alt wondering if they could borrow gold or items.
↑↑↑↑↑ The REAL LK likes this post!
I am always AFK!
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Lestat wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 pm Tangled, he referenced a lvl 900 with a name similar to his. That isnt a copycat scammer. TBH i thought El_Menda was a copycat of dave mandas accounts. Look at his post above mine please. I agree scammers need punished, but just because a name is similar doesnt make it a scammer account.

Dave manda has an account El_Manda that has a good name and a much longer player than El_Menda.
And this isn't what I'm referring to at all. At any point. Please refer to my original reply with link included.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I already knew of his and others issues with a scammer copycat. But if you had read his post and my reply to his post. Yours was not related. He claimed a level 900 was taking his name. Not a new player. Technically el.menda took another players name.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I step back. So sorry.
I am always AFK!
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Lk u were right, tangled is the one confused i guess. The El_Manda i was referring to is the same you know.
If wanted to be technical El.Menda copied/variated his name.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:19 pm Lk u were right, tangled is the one confused i guess. The El_Manda i was referring to is the same you know.
Well technically speaking El_Manda and El.Menda are not copies of each other. Resemble, maybe but not copycats either way.

The fake El_menda5 however was pretending to be El.Menda and El.Menda came out publicly stating it was NOT him just as I did in the original post here about me.

Who this 900 character is I have no idea.
I am always AFK!
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Ese personaje 900 es un sword ??
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Lestat wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:19 pm Lk u were right, tangled is the one confused i guess. The El_Manda i was referring to is the same you know.
Excuse me, my response is to the original post. The confusion is not mine, I'm afraid.

There was a scammer who has assumed several known player's identity as a deliberate act of malicious and smear. This is the bigger issue here. Not El_Menda's mistake over El_Manda.

Kindly steer back to the original topic, please. It is much more important.