2 -
17%
1 - Hate them
50%

Total votes: 12
LostKnight

Fake Borders

Post by LostKnight »

So what to you think of The Fake Borders.

9 - Love them
8 -
7 - Like them
6 -
5 - Could care less about them
4 -
3 - Dislike them
2 -
1 - Hate them

The poll will run for 14 days and you only have 1 choice so think before clicking the circle.

Me: 1 - Hate them I hate having to cross borders 2-3-4 times because I get stuck by a wall (Silverwood), can't interact with NPC's because they pop up in the No Go Zone and I have to log off and change maps multiple times to get them where I can interact with them. Or I get stuck in a group of trees or rocks.

The number of message I have lost because I got to The Fake Border, that I can not see, and BLINK, message disappears.

Feel free to leave your comments.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Re: Fake Borders

Post by SellSword »

I voted as a 2 for reasons that LostKnight mentioned. There are plenty of frustrating situations where you're trapped and who knows how many posts about people losing pets, patience, sanity, or who knows what because of it.

This can create a slight benefit tapping near the border. Before I put the d-pad on screen I ran into a number of situations where I had problems crossing borders because I couldn't get my tap just right, and I recall dying a few times trying to escape from mobs. I think the "tap to move" is enabled by default and the d-pad needs to be enabled in the settings (tap to move can also be disabled), but for those who either don't know about options other than the "tap to move" or don't have them enabled this can be a benefit.

Despite a benefit in some situations I believe that the downsides outweigh them, especially when there have been other options presented to resolve. Maybe they won't work with the game, but options such as continuing the scrolling when getting close to the edge and having a black border than can be tapped could eliminate the issues that prompted the change.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Do any other players lose messages when they change maps?

This doesn't happen to me as I can cross many maps and still check my popped up envelope.

Just curious as to what would cause this.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Since it was my post that got these borders implemented, I had to vote for I love them. :D
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

ryaca_ wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm Do any other players lose messages when they change maps?

This doesn't happen to me as I can cross many maps and still check my popped up envelope.

Just curious as to what would cause this.
If you switch maps while the message is opened, it disappears.
Does life really get better?
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I voted 5, could care less. (sowwie meow)

Mostly cuz I don't do quests so the NPC problem doesn't occur (but I can see how it's annoying) plus I've played with them to figure out how to not get trapped by pets or accidentally walk into the transitional space and get sent back to the previous map.

Plus I don't use tap-to move, so it doesn't really affect me that much.

As for the message deleting; when changing maps if it's unopened I no longer lose it (I remember I used to) but ofc it still gets lost on log out/in. Also if reading it as NB said and changing maps it goes away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I am mostly a tap screen until I need precision. Under the older screens there were times I short stroked where I wanted to go but do not recall but rarely getting stuck going map to map. Now it happens frequently. However paths I always take to get to my house or to and from mining I've mostly learned where I should go for a clean cross between maps. In a way I like being able to tap a larger border to cross but the problem is the unseen on the other map. With pets especially I often have to use the pad to move one then I can go...unless of course one is into a tree or rock. Overall especially for pet usage I'd have to say I dislike the new borders more than a nuetral stance.
Retired