"The Gobbler"

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

"The Gobbler"

Post by Gullander »

“The Gobbler”

A gobbler is a term meaning “a male turkey”

This is a story. No persons or groups were in mind in writing this. Any names used are fabrications and if someone actually has any of the names..my apologies..just laugh please!

Intro: Yet again our hero Pilgrim must find a way to vanquish “the Gobbler”. It seems every year “the Gobbler” spreads his mighty wings out over the FT world causing chaos and havoc. Somehow Pilgrim armed with years of cleverness is able to carve his nemesis down to size with the aid of his band of noble friends each year. And each year Pilgrim and his friends have a great feast full of good food and their hearts full of thankfulness as well. Let us look in upon the drama. This year “the Gobbler” has grown to tremendous size and is surrounded by many friends and alts of his own.

Our Cast: GB is “the Gobbler” and P is Pilgrim. Others come along but their name should tell all.

At “the Gobbler” stronghold

GB- (speaking to his pinioned minions) We shall not be vanquished this year!
Gobble1- Right sir we are everywhere
GB- Good, give me a report
Gobble1- We have control of spawns at the blue vlads, Kings garden, and underground village
Gobble2- Blood mummies are ours, club stans, and yellow archers
GB- and what of Aetor and Hobbs?
Gobble3- all under control sir
GB- Good, excellent, no one can do anything there!
Gobble1- yes sir, every time a spawn gets started by a player we either steal it or shut it down!
GB- Gobble, gobble, gobble, yes all for us!
Gobble4- Sir we don’t have the Black Knight fortress secured
GB- no worry, no one wants to go there anyway! What about Devils Island?
Gobble4- Yes quite secured sir, if we can’t discourage players we just make a huge spawn and let them have what they want! Bhuhahaha…
GB- GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!!! ( with this all join in for a most boisterous round of gobbles and laughter quite impossible to describe)
GB- FT is ours! That Pilgrim and his carnivorous hoard have no chance at all! If any dare attack our claws are sharpened and ready and the beating of our wings are like thunder! Our beards shall grow long and our gobbles will strike fear in all!
Retired
Gullander

Re: "The Gobbler"

Post by Gullander »

At Pilgrims gathering place

Now we look in upon Pilgrim making his own preparations to secure “the Gobbler”.
Many FTers are coming to Pilgrim to hope for his aid to open up FT again to all.

Sweet Po- Oh Pilgrim, you are our only hope! Without your help the feast will be cancelled!
P- Cancel our feast? Oh tish tosh, don’t worry Sweet Po “the Gobbler” will be secured
P Pie- Oh sir, what are we to do?
Topping- Yes if you don’t wallop no dollop!
Crescent- Oh dear, oh dear, what cold days!
Butter Pat- This situation is making me frozen!
Salad In- Oh Pilgrim, our whole existence is in jeopardy, won’t you help us?
P- People, people….I assure you all is in hand
Stuffing- Well if “the Gobbler” escapes I might as well quit because there is nothing else I can do!
Cranberry- Me too!
Gravy Boat- I might as well quit too!
P- Listen all of you players, we will be victorious and our feast will be the best ever! Even now we prepare to march!
Big Ham- (listening off at a distance speaks to himself) snort, Interesting! My friend “the Gobbler” will like to hear about this. Then again if Pilgrim succeeds I will be left alone…hmmm…No! It’s time this Pilgrim fails completely! Snort

Big Ham goes to “the Gobbler” to divulge what he knows and give a warning that a battle is upon him now!

Big Ham- snort, that Pilgrim and his carnivores are on the offence…snort
GB- I am prepared for him Ham, don’t be worried he will utterly fail this year! (to this copious snorts and gobbles rang forth)
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Back at the Pilgrims gathering

P- Hello men it is time for us to deal with “the Gobbler” and FT is full of his lesser associates. We have received many complaints and his havoc now must end! I have a plan for “the Gobbler” himself but his associates I leave to your ingenuity. Roll Call!

(at this his able band calls out their names such as these, Mr Axe, Razor, Hack Hack, Tky Cutter, E Blade, Chainsaw, De-Gobble and Gibleter.)

P- You know your assignments take care of the gobblers in your area and when that is secure we will get “the Gobbler” and the preparations for a feast will be complete!
(at the mention of the feast the men disperse not needing any other incentive determined to dispatch the gobbling minions!)
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The gobbler battles

The battle ensues and the lesser gobblers though fighting bravely were dispatched and their influence plucked away. With these removed Pilgrim is ready to take the battle to the head and lop off its influence for good.

At “the Gobbler” stronghold

Gobble1- Sir, I’m afraid our control has fallen into the carnivores hands. We should flee while we still can.
GB- Flee? Run from a battle? What am I hearing?
Gobble2- sorry sir, but your realm is gone
GB- Ah but if we defeat the Pilgrim this whole business will end. Then maybe the artery clogging Big Ham will be the target not us!
Gobble3- Oh sir, I thought Ham was our ally?
GB- He has his uses and this will be the best!
Gobble3- He he he sir, you aren’t “the Gobbler” for no good reason.
GB- GOBBLE!, GOBBLE!, GOBBLE!!!!
Gobble1- but they are coming!
GB- Let them come, are not our claws sharp and our wings as thunder and our gobble a terror?
Gobble2- yeah shut up Gobble1! I’m with the boss!
GB- Don’t worry any of you we shall surprise Pilgrim. All three of you will log off. I will stand here alone, and when Pilgrim thinks he will prevail against me, I will email you to log on! Then we shall do away with this Pilgrim!
Gobble3- How do you know he will come alone?
GB- He will I assure you. Everyone looks to him to be the founder of their disgusting feast. He will want the credit. Now log all of you.
All- Yes boss, may your beard grow forever!
GB- It shall!!!!

As GB anticipated Pilgrim enters “the Gobbler” lair alone. (“the Gobbler” had set up his home under Kings garden)

GB- So finally we meet
P- Hush, I don’t talk to the likes of you! (Pilgrim begins the attack)
P- Ha, you are not that strong, my axe will soon dispatch you!
At this GB emails his cohorts and they appear surrounding Pilgrim preparing to take turns attacking him.
P- Aha, so the mighty gobbler is after all a chicken in disguise!
GB- Kill him my minions!!! Spare not your claws!!!
P- Do you think I would face a wild beast like you alone? (he messages Mr Axe and Chainsaw and De-Gobble and Gibleter and Razor and E Blade and Hack Hack and Tky Cutter and they come from adjoining maps to enter the battle)
Gobble1- Eeeek, sir we are surrounded!!!
GB- You are on your own then, Pilgrim is mine!

Alas it wasn’t a lengthy battle and rather quickly Pilgrim’s axe made its death blow. All the lesser gobblers too were removed as well. Victory was won!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Later on at the Feast

P- (addressing all attending) Again we are successful and “the Gobbler” has been vanquished in time for our feast! I thank you all for making this the best feast ever! A cheer is in order…..hurrah!!!!
All- Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!!!

That is all the celebrating they could do as all were filled to capacity with food and a gladness of heart. There was one on the outskirts who seemed in an especially festive mood.

Big Ham- snort, Ha ha ha, escaped yet another year! It’s a disgusting tradition but couldn’t have happened to a more deserving gobbler! Ha ha ha snort snort

The End…..A bit early but to all Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thanksgiving in the United States is a national holiday and is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. Traditionally it usually involves a feast of oven baked turkey with stuffing inside. Sides might include sweet potatoes, salad, hot rolls and butter, and for desert pumpkin pie served with whipped topping. It is expected for guests to over eat and for many involves large family gatherings, a giving of thanks for the good things we enjoy and people whom we cherish, and for the sports fan perhaps watching football. Those who don’t like turkey may choose a ham instead for the gathering.
Retired
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

What the~ :shock: :shock:
Edit: I was too early to find out the context of this post, happy Thanksgiving to my American clanmates :D :D
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Post by Leone »

Haha nice. I thought Christmas Day, so I got that 1 wrong!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Gravy Boat, may you smother all evil and drown them under ladles of justice! Without you our great feast would be... uh... not covered in gravy as it should! :smiley:

Awesome story, Gull! A good time to be thankful for what we have!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Awesome story Gullander just awesome. You missed your calling. You should write books, or at least short stories.

And while early for the US Thanksgiving, it is late for Canadian Thanksgiving which is observed on the second Monday in October.

So between us we have two months covered.

To my American friends, adopt a Canadian family and we shall have two great feasts of Giving Thanks, one north of the 49th and one south.

We all have something to be thankful for. Some have to look a little harder than others do, but it is always there. Be Thankful!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The Gobbler has fallen, but in the battle I seem to have been hit with a special attack. Eyelids are getting heavy and my movements are sluggish. With great effort I found my way to a couch in hopes that this wears off soon.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.