Re: Grand Exchange

Post by Gullander »

Yes the FT Market. FT meaning Fair Trading. :D
Retired
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:44 pm
Storms7 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:36 pm Yes having an npc controlled marketplace would definitely improve trade relations. There are so many scammers in ft that I don't even try to buy or sell items and haven't for a very long time.

Also, in Oldschool Runescape when trading with another player, once the trade is finalized each player must check on the accept option and once that happens there is no chance for either player to remove their items or back out of the trade at that point.

Runescape did this because so many players scammed other players in the past.

Ft really needs a more secure trading system.
I recall asking for something very similar a long time ago.
Yes I remember that. Furthermore, in Oldschool Runescape the game even asks you if you are sure a final time just to be sure which is nice.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17131

this was a thread i had previously started. perhaps making it a minimap entered from shop on 0,0 ?
this will keep an area from getting overcrowded.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

I suggested a marketplace long ago. I saw something like that recently in a game called 'ancients reborn' where in some places I could find on sale item put there by players, buyable like in a normal shop. same idea I had that time. probably works
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Estuve jugando a Parallel Kingdon durante 7 años. Ese juego ya cerró por problemas con abusadores y etc etc.

Tenía un sistema de comercio muy similar al de FT y generaba los mismos problemas y quejas.

Así que se colocó un edificio "El Mercado"
El sistema era fácil. Usted selecciona el item de su mochila que desea vender. Ahora usted selecciona el precio que desea a su artículo. El sistema de mercado se queda con el 10% del precio del artículo ( TAX ).

Los artículos eran ordenados. Una carpeta todas las espadas. Otra las armaduras, etc.

Si alguien no compraba su artículo en 15 días. El artículo era devuelto de forma automática a su mochila y usted recibía un mensaje. Esto puede generar problema aquí debido al limitado espacio de la mochila.....

Si alguien compra su artículo usted recibe directamente el oro y un mensaje.

Es posible que haya aún muchos video en YouTube de el juego mencionado y de los ejemplos de comercio.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Yes I forgot to add that the grand exchange gets a % of the transaction and when the item sells you get a notification that tells you to visit a bank or the grand exchange to claim your gold.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I think some kind of tax/fee/whatever would be just fine. You get a place to try selling your item without the hassle of trying to do it yourself.

As a personal example I have a number of storage alts. One has something like six level 750 plates. I'd be fine with selling a few, so I've brought them to spawn and tried without success. No problem, so back to the storage alt they go. Naturally, I later see someone wanting to buy one and I don't have one on me...

And this would be nice for real money items or high value items. If I'm buying something for a large amount of gold I don't want the risk of getting scammed. Sure, you can say "only trade with friends," and while that's some sound advice not everyone has friends who sell pets or whatever all the time.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

This is the player's market in Rucoy Online today.
Screenshot_20191228-075103_Rucoy Online.jpg
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

This is the grand exchange in Oldschool Runescape.
20191228_161557.jpg
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Storms7 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:17 am This is the grand exchange in Oldschool Runescape.

20191228_161557.jpg
I think this is a scene from one of their busier trading servers. I usually go to a quieter server to do my trading/skilling at the GE.
Omnes Autem Uri