Pet Killers

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

CharlesWalker

Pet Killers

Post by CharlesWalker »

I thought that mass spawning monsters onto another player or players pets was a rule infraction.
I'm a pretty easy going person but this topic really needs to be discussed. As an example:
I am at the Lava Golems for several weeks levelling up my mage. I know how many I can handle etc...
Suddenly, another player shows up, wiggles back n forth on the spawn line, creating a mess for me and my pets. I'm not a total stranger to these types of people and so I am able to quickly log out before my pets die. I wait a few minutes and the coast is clear. So I resume my training only to have the same person pop back in (several times now) and repeat the process. I don't have time to "chat" with them or my pets die. I don't have time for a screenshot either, or my pets die. Often these transgressions are performed by characters much higher level than me. Like 3k higher! So the person who is doing this has no desire to train here or to get items (embers) because if they did they would still be there mass spawning to get the items. They leave, presumably to go bother other players and then return. This is a growing issue.
I understand the concept of players killing others. I understand the concept of clan wars. I even understand a situation where another person wants a spot and "pushes" another player off of a spot. (although I detest it). I also understand that I am responsible for the welfare of my pets. That's not what I'm saying at all here. These offenders are obviously spawning in order to kill pets and ruin the game for those of us who merely want to play a clean game. This new trend of play is worse that dragging spawn over onto someone...at least players can hopefully "see it coming" and log off. These attacks are on pets that in many cases have been payed for with real money. It's not just, oh well, I'll just go to the shop and pick up a new One. These attacks cost players money. It's a part of the game I can live without.
Oh well, that's my 2 cents worth. If nothing happens, so be it. BE careful with your pets all!!!
SellSword

Re: Pet Killers

Post by SellSword »

I totally agree. Abhorrent behavior all around for those types of players and I wouldn't miss any of them.

Sadly, the need to act quickly and protect your character and/or your pets can make it difficult to report issues. Someone going to mChat and typing "_____ pet killer jail him" provides pretty much no worthwhile information. The GM team is severely understaffed to deal with everything as it is, so helping them out with any /info stamp with a screenshot (or even /pos or /time would be better than nothing) might help. Not always an option, but when players think GMs spend all day working as GMs and could do things in minutes if they weren't so lazy it doesn't help.

Not a great situation.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

I hear you! I'm lvl 400 mage and find that the so called PvP players only attack when your lvling in a spawn and its almost always someone 1k + lvls over you.that's not PvP its pking and cowardly but I guess those are players that just aren't good enough to PvP so I just laugh at them
Leone

Post by Leone »

Speaking in general terms, rules 9 and 9b seem to address this type of player behaviour:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560

Specifically to individual cases - certainly a more detailed report exactly as Sell suggests needs to go to GM Inbox. There are other considerations as well though: is there a bad history between the players concerned or are they in clans, for example?

I'm not referring to this particular thread here, but suggesting that when GMs dig deeper there may be more to a case than there seems to be at first glance.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Blackbetty wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 am I hear you! I'm lvl 400 mage and find that the so called PvP players only attack when your lvling in a spawn and its almost always someone 1k + lvls over you.that's not PvP its pking and cowardly but I guess those are players that just aren't good enough to PvP so I just laugh at them
The only way that a player lvl 1000+ can attack you is if
A. You are in a clan, and so is the higher level player
B. You have attacked the higher level player recently
C. You are an outlaw
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Post by Leone »

Agreed, War, and I might be wrong but I don't think the high level players are actually engaging in PvP, but rather creating huge spawns of enemies.

We then get into the realms of should certain pets be on certain maps. It's an absolute minefield!
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

Leone wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 am
I'm not referring to this particular thread here, but suggesting that when GMs dig deeper there may be more to a case than there seems to be at first glance.
This is almost always the case. The reporting player usually doesn't give the full history. Not referencing this thread but in other cases this is the norm.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

CharlesWalker wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:23 am I thought that mass spawning monsters onto another player or players pets was a rule infraction.
I'm a pretty easy going person but this topic really needs to be discussed. As an example:
I am at the Lava Golems for several weeks levelling up my mage. I know how many I can handle etc...
Suddenly, another player shows up, wiggles back n forth on the spawn line, creating a mess for me and my pets. I'm not a total stranger to these types of people and so I am able to quickly log out before my pets die. I wait a few minutes and the coast is clear. So I resume my training only to have the same person pop back in (several times now) and repeat the process. I don't have time to "chat" with them or my pets die. I don't have time for a screenshot either, or my pets die. Often these transgressions are performed by characters much higher level than me. Like 3k higher! So the person who is doing this has no desire to train here or to get items (embers) because if they did they would still be there mass spawning to get the items. They leave, presumably to go bother other players and then return. This is a growing issue.
I understand the concept of players killing others. I understand the concept of clan wars. I even understand a situation where another person wants a spot and "pushes" another player off of a spot. (although I detest it). I also understand that I am responsible for the welfare of my pets. That's not what I'm saying at all here. These offenders are obviously spawning in order to kill pets and ruin the game for those of us who merely want to play a clean game. This new trend of play is worse that dragging spawn over onto someone...at least players can hopefully "see it coming" and log off. These attacks are on pets that in many cases have been payed for with real money. It's not just, oh well, I'll just go to the shop and pick up a new One. These attacks cost players money. It's a part of the game I can live without.
Oh well, that's my 2 cents worth. If nothing happens, so be it. BE careful with your pets all!!!
This is an issue that is long-standing and largely poorly dealt with, imo. Jail is not a deterrent, I've reported innumerable of such individuals only to see them walking free the next week doing the exact same thing. Threat of jail makes those who are frequently familiar with it laugh, because they will almost always have a standby account to occupy themselves with while the offending character sits out their sentence.
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

WARBRINGER wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am
Blackbetty wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:40 am I hear you! I'm lvl 400 mage and find that the so called PvP players only attack when your lvling in a spawn and its almost always someone 1k + lvls over you.that's not PvP its pking and cowardly but I guess those are players that just aren't good enough to PvP so I just laugh at them
The only way that a player lvl 1000+ can attack you is if
A. You are in a clan, and so is the higher level player
B. You have attacked the higher level player recently
C. You are an outlaw
Yes in a clan but that's not the point.its a pretty crappy player that attacks someone that many lvls below them.I'm a peaceful player and so is my clan so its not about war its about crappy players like I said.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'm afraid that's exactly the point. Here are the rules that we all sign up to when we log in to the game.

Read rule 9b:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
Edit: relevant section of 9b here:

Also, if you are in a clan, you are exempt from any part of this rule that pertains to clan PvP. By joining a clan, you should understand that you are accepting the risk of forced PvP. In these cases, you always have the option to leave your clan. 
By joining a clan you accept the benefits and also the risks. If you don't like it then leave the clan.

It really is as simple as that.