Pets...

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

User avatar
Storms7
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 am

Pets...

Post by Storms7 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:28 pm

If you bring your pets to an area where they can die very fast if someone spawns mobs on your pets than you should not have those pets there.

If you buy ogre halflings, they deserve to be killed. It is not smart to buy pets that can die in one hit.

Pets are the owners responsibility.

Yes pet killing is wrong and should be punished after a GM investigates even though many players give false reports or are not paying attention most of the time when their pets die and then waste valuable GM time with an investigation.

Take your pets to reasonable areas. Ultimately, they are your responsibility.

I don't understand why some players don't get this.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Blackbetty
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Pets...

Post by Blackbetty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 am

Some players don't have a house to park pets and don't know the areas as well and if they join a clan they risk being pked by the oh so powerful 😂
User avatar
Leone
Posts: 3774
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Ashdown Village

Re: Pets...

Post by Leone » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:28 am

If they join a clan they accept the risks. See other thread.
User avatar
Storms7
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 am

Re: Pets...

Post by Storms7 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Blackbetty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 am
Some players don't have a house to park pets and don't know the areas as well and if they join a clan they risk being pked by the oh so powerful 😂
This is a pvp game. Clan warfare is inevitable if a player joins a clan.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
User avatar
TangledSwerve
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Pets...

Post by TangledSwerve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Ryaca,

No one deserves to lose something they paid for, due to spiteful and immature actions. Your justification for this is tenuous at best and the person you clearly aiming this at had been extremely careful for weeks and is an exemplary person and player who was simply expressing himself on the forum. It is extremely saddening to see the response it garnered, especially this "Response post"

And that is all I have to say to you.
User avatar
Storms7
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 am

Re: Pets...

Post by Storms7 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 pm

TangledSwerve wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 pm
Ryaca,

No one deserves to lose something they paid for, due to spiteful and immature actions. Your justification for this is tenuous at best and the person you clearly aiming this at had been extremely careful for weeks and is an exemplary person and player who was simply expressing himself on the forum. It is extremely saddening to see the response it garnered, especially this "Response post"

And that is all I have to say to you.
I always enjoy reading your posts. You and I disagree on this and that is ok. We have differing opinions and that is completely ok.

I believe that to solve this problem, pets should be removed altogether. I know many would disagree with me on this but ever since the implementation of real money pets, it's been nothing but trouble for the GM team.

There is only one person in this game that can change this and that is compbatant. Just between you and me, that's not going to happen.

Keep spending your money people.

This had been an issue since pets were first introduced.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
User avatar
TangledSwerve
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Pets...

Post by TangledSwerve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:28 pm

I wasn't going to reply, however. Whether it is a big problem for the GM team, is irrespective. We have had this discussion long ago and it was established that the GM team will jail egregious offenders of this particular action. That is just part of the job.

Now, on that note I fully understand the weight, frustration and inability to do single thing, as GM. Even as admin. You work with the rules you are given. The rules are not clear regarding wilful and malicious destruction of another players paid for follower. However, if the Team lead expresses that such individuals will be jailed, then that is a cue for the team to follow.

It's hard work, it always is. I'd hate to see pets removed simply on the basis that FT has Korean mmorpg lvls of grind. They are extremely inconvenient inclusion for the GM team, no doubt.
But that is also why my own perspective regarding their deliberate destruction is unyieldingly hard. Extreme sanctions are the ultimate deterrent. But, that I know lies in the hands of compbatant.

I will always report and monitor, however. And my zero tolerance attitude towards it will also never change.
Blackbetty
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:41 am

Re: Pets...

Post by Blackbetty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 pm

Storms7 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Blackbetty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 am
Some players don't have a house to park pets and don't know the areas as well and if they join a clan they risk being pked by the oh so powerful 😂
This is a pvp game. Clan warfare is inevitable if a player joins a clan.
There is much more to this game then PvP and like I've said many times there is a huge difference between PvP and someone just running up and killing a lower lvl just because its easy and allowed.PvP actually takes talent !
User avatar
Storms7
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 am

Re: Pets...

Post by Storms7 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am

TangledSwerve wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:28 pm
I wasn't going to reply, however. Whether it is a big problem for the GM team, is irrespective. We have had this discussion long ago and it was established that the GM team will jail egregious offenders of this particular action. That is just part of the job.

Now, on that note I fully understand the weight, frustration and inability to do single thing, as GM. Even as admin. You work with the rules you are given. The rules are not clear regarding wilful and malicious destruction of another players paid for follower. However, if the Team lead expresses that such individuals will be jailed, then that is a cue for the team to follow.

It's hard work, it always is. I'd hate to see pets removed simply on the basis that FT has Korean mmorpg lvls of grind. They are extremely inconvenient inclusion for the GM team, no doubt.
But that is also why my own perspective regarding their deliberate destruction is unyieldingly hard. Extreme sanctions are the ultimate deterrent. But, that I know lies in the hands of compbatant.

I will always report and monitor, however. And my zero tolerance attitude towards it will also never change.
Very well said TangledSwerve. When I was GM there were so many false reports of pet killing and pet killers were extremely hard to catch and it was a lot of work.

I hope that all pet killers will be punished but after my experience as a GM, I know that this task is impossible and tons of chat logs have to be gone through just to see if pet killing indeed did happen. And we were getting many reports in one day every day. So it takes many days to catch just one pet killer and every day the list gets bigger.

That is why I wish players that file false reports could also be punished.

On top of just this one issue, the are numerous other reports and tasks for an already overworked GM team to handle.

I encourage you, myself, and all players to report pet killers.

Always to remember to include the FT time and date and when possible, a screenshot.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
User avatar
Storms7
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:38 am

Re: Pets...

Post by Storms7 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:02 am

TangledSwerve wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 pm
Ryaca,

No one deserves to lose something they paid for, due to spiteful and immature actions. Your justification for this is tenuous at best and the person you clearly aiming this at had been extremely careful for weeks and is an exemplary person and player who was simply expressing himself on the forum. It is extremely saddening to see the response it garnered, especially this "Response post"

And that is all I have to say to you.
I am curious as to which player that you think my pet was aimed at. My original post in this thread was in response to many different players and not aimed at one person.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Post Reply