Pet killers 4

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Pet killers 4

Post by Leone »

Ok , here's an idea. You know that non-clanned players are unable to enter clan maps...how about pets under certain levels are banned from entering certain maps? Target the really problem maps first - for example, devils Island and lighthouse, and see whether this lightens the gm workload. Reassess after a period of a month or so.
ryaca_

Re: A Question Regarding Pet Killing

Post by ryaca_ »

WARBRINGER wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:40 pm So, here's a theoretical scenario that could very much occur and has happened to me before;

You're a level 200 ogre with two Staff Stan pets. You decide to venture onto map (1,3), and walk up slightly, triggering a spawn of Pharoah spiders and Green Spiders, which run towards you, their fangs dripping with poison, waiting to feast upon you. You spot your pets HP draining quickly, and so run to either one of the two pathways out of the map - but someone has parked their level 125 green spiders there, which are no match for the ferocious beasts following you. Leaving the map would result in them starting to attack the other player's pets, surely resulting in their imminent death - which by definition is accidental pet slaughter! But if you do not run to the other map, you would surely lose your pets. In a situation like this, I am left wondering, is it classed as pet killing? Is it punishable? Are you simply to let your pets die? I'm hoping someone, likely Ryaca given it's his area of expertise, can shed some light on this conundrum.

Rawr.
No. You are not responsible for other players pets. They should watch their pets more closely. Traveling from one map to another and spawning mobs is NOT pet killing in any way shape form or fashion
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

SellSword wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:50 pm Presumably the player who parked their spiders is watching this all unfold on the mini map, or should be. If you park your pets somewhere away from you so that you can't try to control what is happening around them you should be watching out for them. Parking your pets may be unavoidable, but it's a risk you take if you do it.

Not a GM, but that's my thought.
Excellent answer.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:11 am Calling someone a "pet killer" makes it sound like they intended to do it, at least in my opinion. Figuring out intent may be next to impossible in many situations. The example of someone entering map 1, 3, spawning a few spiders, and then making a run for the exit is a good example.

The player running for the exit may realize he can't stay on the map and he needs to run for the exit to save his pets. His view is that it was an accident, he can't do anything to stop it, and he's hoping the other player can log or something to save his pets.

The player who parked his pets near the exit may see someone enter the map, spawn some monsters, and then lead the monsters directly to his pets. His view is that it was intentionally done.

So green spider pets are lost in that situation. The owner of the pets complains the other player is a pet killer. How does a third party who wasn't there in the first place make a decision?
This is a perfect example. Intent is very hard to prove.
Last edited by ryaca_ on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Leone wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:23 pm War - compare my example of ogre halflings with your example of green spiders and they amount to the same thing: they die in two or three hits and so should not be there in the first place.
That is a very good point. Pets should not be on dangerous maps.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:59 am Ok , here's an idea. You know that non-clanned players are unable to enter clan maps...how about pets under certain levels are banned from entering certain maps? Target the really problem maps first - for example, devils Island and lighthouse, and see whether this lightens the gm workload. Reassess after a period of a month or so.
I get the idea, but this could also be difficult to put into effect.

The lighthouse map is a quick shortcut between the wagon map and the tavern map. If someone isn't in a clan they would have to go all the way around the clan map, including crossing over the map with crazed lions and fairies.

The Devils Island map (aka, "someone killed my ogre halflings" map) is available at level 400. The biggest complaint that I hear is about those ogre halflings which are available at 500. Nobody seems to complain about pets below the halflings, but restricting pets on a higher level than the level requirements could be messy.

It reminds me of the suggestion someone made awhile back about color coding maps based on how safe they are. Hard to try to do things like that when some maps have monsters in a range of several hundred levels.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Ok then, easy fix for lighthouse bottom right. Put a wall with a gate blocking access bottom right hand to allow access

Or give a message as you enter that map plus put the skull &crossbones signs up, which means BEWARE. that's my preferred option.

Players should take responsibility.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Sadly, I don't think you can stop players who just plain old don't want to take responsibility for their pets.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Ayoub

Post by Ayoub »

Hello
I reportd Yesterday about pets killing . Still got no answers.
So why i must respect this rul if same1 else don't and he don't get a punishment . Spawn monstres to kill pets its for Cowards.
Plz fix this we all know how to kill pets. Ty
#We're all in the same game, just different levels#
#Dealing with the same hell, just different devils#

#Calmness is the cradle of power#
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Ayoub wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:59 pm Hello
I reportd Yesterday about pets killing . Still got no answers.
So why i must respect this rul if same1 else don't and he don't get a punishment . Spawn monstres to kill pets its for Cowards.
Plz fix this we all know how to kill pets. Ty
Hey, Ayoub :) Going through what we've already established, was the intent clear? If you look at it from the offender's point of view, did he intend on killing your pets? Another thing to note is it may take weeks for a report to be processed and dealt with accordingly, so saying you reported something yesterday and being surprised when it isn't done today is not advisable :D
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]