The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

B3lf
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: martek's stronghold's bestest bush

The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:50 pm

As i was grinding trappers today (and glowing spiders yesterday, etc), i was thinking about some random stuff concerning the game, and came up with some good and bad ideas.
What do you guys/girls think about a new contribution system for clan storages? With my limited knowledge about the game and clans itself i came up with a rough draft, like donating in clan storage any building material, equipment, gold in clan treasury, or helping with upgrade of building, maybe killing other clan members (those clans that are marked as enemy) would reward contribution points (all specified by duke), wich could be used to take from clan storage(items)/clan treasury(gold) (all with its contribution cost decided by duke, solving some cases of stealing from clans, as at least they contributed to the clan to get away with stuff). This would add another option for dukes to punish members who disregard clan rules as duke would be able to deduce contribution too.
Another thing that stuck me is in my opinion it would be great to have "upgraded" clan maps, where (like now) trees are unlimited resources, but with special trees wich allows for like 100 attempts to gather from before needing a day/week to regenerate. These would have higher chance for magic trunk. Dont know about clan maps though, but these upgraded clan maps should give other benefits too. How to get there? Well, i thought they should be accessed by big clans for a cost from treasury, and by accessing them (choose only 1such clan map) your whole clan would be moved there. This way older clans would work towards new maps, while new clans would be able to grow relatively more safely. The only problem with this is that i couldnt came up with a way for new clans to move to new maps when those are full (maybe challenge an old clan there, and all clan have only a limited territory in wich they can build, solving the issue of clan building placement but bringing up the trouble of those clans who wouldnt be able to fit in those borders...well there could be a free clan building relocation thingy when being able to access new clan map).
Another thing that came to mind are clan quests (daily, weeky and monthly ones) where the whole clan would have to work together to complete for mainly clan related rewards, like gold in treasury, some free levels on buildings and so on. The longer the time limit to finish a quest the more sub-quests it is built of (i look forward to seeing some ideas from others if anyone reads this)
I wouldn't dare call these suggestions, thus not posting it there as these seems more like some random dreams.
All in all, grinding can be boring, wether it is for char lvl, mining, fishing or anything you can do, and i like thinking about these stuff (well, more like my thoughts go everywhere wich isnt grinding).
Another reason im not posting it in suggestions is that im not in a clan, dont know how they work (except basic infos from game manual and some hearsay), and mainly because i dont know what others would think about these and would they be possible to begin with?
If i dont get hunted for this post i might continue adding these "results of boredom" xD
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
User avatar
madmaniacal1
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 am

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by madmaniacal1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Some of these ideas are not possible under current mechanics.
Some are not allowed at all, even with mechanical changes. Those I'll explain first.
Removal of clan funds is not permitted. Once funds are donated to a clan, that's that. They will be used by the clan to build or repair, or to buy guards. Otherwise, the funds sit dormant for as long as the clan exists. I don't see that ever changing, to be honest.
Movement of clan buildings from one map to another was only allowed once in FT history, when clans became restricted to building on only 1 clan map. That was an extenuating circumstance, not likely to repeat (probably).
Some of your ideas were about allowing dukes to appoint certain tasks/abilities/limitations to specific players or ranks. This has been discussed in other threads, with more positive feedback than negative.
As for your idea of clan-based quests/events, the current system isn't set up for such, but I like the idea. Perhaps we can flesh this idea out until it is ready for the Suggestions forum.
As for your comments about players not liking this (hunting you over it, lol), nobody will ever like all the ideas. Even if an idea isn't possible, or is denied, is no reason not to post more ideas. Keep them coming. We'll find that "needle in a haystack" soon enough.
Omnes Autem Uri
B3lf
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: martek's stronghold's bestest bush

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm

madmaniacal1 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:48 pm
Some of these ideas are not possible under current mechanics.
Some are not allowed at all, even with mechanical changes. Those I'll explain first.
Removal of clan funds is not permitted. Once funds are donated to a clan, that's that. They will be used by the clan to build or repair, or to buy guards. Otherwise, the funds sit dormant for as long as the clan exists. I don't see that ever changing, to be honest.
Movement of clan buildings from one map to another was only allowed once in FT history, when clans became restricted to building on only 1 clan map. That was an extenuating circumstance, not likely to repeat (probably).
Some of your ideas were about allowing dukes to appoint certain tasks/abilities/limitations to specific players or ranks. This has been discussed in other threads, with more positive feedback than negative.
As for your idea of clan-based quests/events, the current system isn't set up for such, but I like the idea. Perhaps we can flesh this idea out until it is ready for the Suggestions forum.
As for your comments about players not liking this (hunting you over it, lol), nobody will ever like all the ideas. Even if an idea isn't possible, or is denied, is no reason not to post more ideas. Keep them coming. We'll find that "needle in a haystack" soon enough.
Thanks alot for feedback
Like i started the post, some are bad ideas (like removal of clan funds), though there could be ways around that too (like a "clan bank" or such), some are good (clan quests), wich are though good but need quite a lot of polishment (yet another reason for this post being where it is)

As for new "results of boredom" (more like joining a clan and regretting it): as many says, the most contect (not all, as it is possible to play without those) concerns clans. If so, why is the game discouraging new players to join/create clans WHEN any bored clanned player can kill them (got killed twice today, im lv91 now, once by a lv777 mage, the other by lv1400+ dont know class as im not familiar with skins). Yeah, sure you can unequip everything to not drop them. Yeah, you can decide to not join a clan at all. But can anyone tell me how can i get higher lvl equipment (when i get to those lvls) that are crafted and costs more and more gold? Quests are quite a money sinks already, so why adding this to that? Not to mention equipments lost. I would like the idea of x% chance to lose equipment when killed by others only if...it were reasonable. Can anyone tell me how is it reasonable that anyone can kill me (its still within reasons) and as a result i have quite a high chance to lose my equipments even though i didnt even have a chance to hit back or survive, much less fight back? Dont tell me its this way, either bear with it or leave clan, maybe go play other games wich doesnt have this. These are not explanations, not solutions, only those up high's clouded judgement. As for "it was always like this" doesnt mean it HAS to remain like this. Why give justifications to the toxic players? They have to join a clan and nobody says anything about them killing on a whim. Theres a reason for lvl limit regarding pvp. I know clan has its good and bad side. But is it reasonable? It doesnt have to be removed. It doesnt have to be changed (though it would be much better).
Not counting these accidents of today lving can be good, though i hope more pets will be added for gold (even if its in higher lvl areas. Doesnt have to be best of their lvl range, but its laughable that the highest lvl pet buyable on gold is at lv360? as there are many with much higher lvl. By this i dont mean that there has to be a pet for all lvl, but at least a bit more variety) yep, its possible to buy pets from other players, though theres no variety in that (especially if you check all pets used, almost all same, only differs at different lvls, but still same in same lvl range). These possible "shop pets" doesnt have to be strong, but should still be able to survive in higher lvl areas(highest lvl areas and grinding spots would still need those "OP" pets but there would be a cheaper option if you only want pets as extra inventory).
All in all grinding can be boring (and frustrating when getting killed only with the reason you are in a clan) and boredom might result in strange ideas (though some can be quite good, i leave decisions to you guys/girls)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
B3lf
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: martek's stronghold's bestest bush

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:26 pm

And a quick question: where can i find mummys? What do i need to be able to go there (if any)?
Its so hard to find quests/equipments, informations on monsters like stats if im not near them, their location, etc. without this forum, would like to say "thank you" for everyone who contributed but theres too many to count, so im doing it here (for now, thinking on a better way)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
User avatar
Leone
Posts: 3774
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Ashdown Village

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by Leone » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 pm

What you say about clans has been discussed several times before; most recently here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17502&p=123205#p123205

That's not to say don't post your thoughts - in fact quite the opposite - but it's sometimes useful to read other discussions of a similar nature.
User avatar
Leone
Posts: 3774
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Ashdown Village

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by Leone » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:31 pm

B3lf wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:26 pm
And a quick question: where can i find mummys? What do i need to be able to go there (if any)?
Its so hard to find quests/equipments, informations on monsters like stats if im not near them, their location, etc. without this forum, would like to say "thank you" for everyone who contributed but theres too many to count, so im doing it here (for now, thinking on a better way)
In the pyramid top left of 2, 1.
B3lf
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: martek's stronghold's bestest bush

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm

In the pyramid top left of 2, 1.
[/quote]

Wow, thanks for such a fast reply. Do i need something to be able to go inside?
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
B3lf
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: martek's stronghold's bestest bush

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:52 pm

Leone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 pm
What you say about clans has been discussed several times before; most recently here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17502&p=123205#p123205

That's not to say don't post your thoughts - in fact quite the opposite - but it's sometimes useful to read other discussions of a similar nature.
I know about it, i posted some of my opinions there, and thanks to rhat discussion i have a clearer view of the whole clan thingy: you are low level and bored of getting killed by quite a lot higher lvl players? Thats your problem.
Dont have the gold to buy items from others? Join a clan or give up on them. Have a problem with current clan system? You are too childish, go play other games wich doesnt have pvp. Jokes aside, i hate how those at the top is satisfied (huge respect to those who are not satisfied) with this just because they too had to live through it/doesnt affect them/in fact hunting lower lvl clanned players.
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
User avatar
Leone
Posts: 3774
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Ashdown Village

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by Leone » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 pm

B3lf wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm
In the pyramid top left of 2, 1.
Wow, thanks for such a fast reply. Do i need something to be able to go inside?
[/quote]

No - although they drop a key which you will need to get into a room containing a chest.

There is another room in there with higher lvl mummies, but I suspect there will be a minimum lvl requirement.
B3lf
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm
Location: martek's stronghold's bestest bush

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Leone wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 pm
B3lf wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm
In the pyramid top left of 2, 1.
Wow, thanks for such a fast reply. Do i need something to be able to go inside?
No - although they drop a key which you will need to get into a room containing a chest.

There is another room in there with higher lvl mummies, but I suspect there will be a minimum lvl requirement.
[/quote]


When i try to go in it says "the doors are locked by powerful magic". Is there a quest for that? (Sorry for asking a lot, still learning about the game)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
Post Reply