The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by SellSword »

First result for that search I see for "nordic warrior riding an armored pig" coincidentally looks like Gull. Hmmm...
fantasy-art-warrior-riding-pig-wallpaper.jpg
fantasy-art-warrior-riding-pig-wallpaper.jpg (384.19 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

SellSword wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:09 pm First result for that search I see for "nordic warrior riding an armored pig" coincidentally looks like Gull. Hmmm...

fantasy-art-warrior-riding-pig-wallpaper.jpg
Hmm..strange (conspiracy theories anybody? :D )
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Oh an armored pig if I had one this game would never be a "boar"! :lol:
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It hit me! Only my boredom didn't bring any good ideas just strange thoughts. In this picture I noticed a few things
1. The lower cabinets have doors too close to wall to open. Maybe this is part of experience club stans training to squeeze through to get clothing!
2. This is the orange squad with four orange flags. Room above is green squad.
3. The middle room is interesting. No door. Perhaps it is a sauna or whirling pool inside to soothe the training stans there. The benches so they can sit and wait their turn. Or perhaps there is hidden from our sight a stairway down full of terror so it is walled off!
4. Notice the several symbols on some of the walls that very much look like lightning stings! They are an old order of superior stans known as the Stingers or Lightning Fighters. Perhaps they have their own cultic practices and that happens below! It boggles the bored imagination! :o

I leave you to invent your own scenario. :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-03-23-12-02-32-167.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-03-23-12-02-32-167.jpeg (1009.86 KiB) Viewed 5207 times
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Maybe the stans are mischievous and they use the secret entrance to the basement to keep breaking the corrals for the trained monsters down there? Or they are just working with the npc down there to con adventurers out of valuable materials?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

oh, my god, time sure flies fast (sometimes real fast sometimes at the speed of a lead-winged concrete owl).
almost half a year went by since i could play (im back for the 3rd day today), had to deal with modern world "slavery" (working 12-16hours daily 7/7days and getting less than 1000USD a month sounds really fishy...), but i fred myself (quit my job, uni starts soon) and im finally back :D
my first tought was to remove mage heals....seriously, they are like cockroaches (got killed by daviss lv129 mage 3-4times in 10-15mins thanks to his heals, wich other classes simply dont have). the gaming experience after...after.... (march-aug, how many months is that? OH, 5) so, after 5months is still good. im really excited to play again, grinding for lv150 (if daviss lets me, together with ElMenda4, who called me a noob for not winning against the 2 of them together).
whats there i didnt mention yet...
right! the fire arrows. its such a nice thing that a feature i (and many others) suggested/wanted to see was added to the game. i also heard that either a new quest gets added or an old unfinished one will get its ending (dont know wich one, my "informator" wanted to be mysterious and he got me really curious)
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

yesterday's grinding was interesting. i reached lv141 (almost 142) and an idea struck me. since we got arrows for archers why not give greatswotds to swordmans, or even better make a berserker class. but if we get berserker assassin would be cool too :D
the basic idea for berserker is tornado slash (aoe similar to fury of dwarfs), but a bit of an upgraded version (greatswords are longer, so bigger range, maybe 4 or so)
of course greatswords has to have higher str (maybe 2-2.3times of swords but no dex from weapon and of course cant equip shields). i would give it a skill with 5-8times damage (single hit, cant crit, armor substracted after multiplier), and the novelty of berserkers, berserk (doubles attack speed, so it can reach 1sec/hit, while basic is 2sec/hit).
the idea for assassins came from a specific line of thought; archers got arrows, so it might be good to add daggers for shield slot. upon further thinking it would be even better to make an assassin class (double dagger user; low str high dex, 0.5sec attack interval). the reasoning for "( )" part is:
daggers are light weapons so its possible to use 2 simulteanously, for the same reason their dmg is low but much faster than a sword, reach/range is 1.
skills: poison dagger; 25% max hp dmg over 2.5sec, long cooldown (if cooldown is universal it deals lower dmg if too overpowered); eagle eye; guaranteed crit, 1.1-1.5times multiplier, 0.7sec attack interval, same duration as archers double attack; and a skill similar to dwarfes sprint (maybe even giving it sprint and making dwarfes a heal over time passive skill instead of sprint, while changing 1st skill to 50% dmg reduction instead of magic dmg)
if we get it all together (polishing, smaller details), it might even go to suggestions (please point out flaws, im sure theres many, especially at higher lvls)
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

a phew days went by, reached 181, did some quests here, some there, mined a bit, chopped a map clean :D
150plates decided to go against me (i got one of them from 30; they won) :(
looking all around the maps, searching for new targets to grind exp and started looking through class skills for preferences (i dont think berserkers and assassins will ever be added, but im polishing them anyways; better than mindlessly tapping fury whenever its off cooldown)
crafting exp is ridiculously low (21k exp for 29 failed 150plates)
these past phew days consisted of me running all around doing quests (and i really liked it, was waitimg for some quests) :D
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

a phew days went by again, got crazy a bit (crafting like mad), sold some stuff at start map :D
Right, start map...selling is ridicoulously slow (got to fishing lv7 though :D )
here is my thought: why not add a market or something similar to every town/village? would work by registering item for x amount, and seller has to pay 10% comission fee when its sold (maybe add remote access to markets for clans and private houses to decrease crowding at markets)
might even put this under suggestions too (would like some feedback on remote access, reasonable market slots amount and commission fees) :D
Leone

Post by Leone »

We have had variations of this great idea over the years, which are referred to here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17998&p=128874&hil ... ce#p128874

It's a good idea to remind people about it though. Hopefully, it will be implemented.