The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

B3lf

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by B3lf »

Leone wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:52 pm We have had variations of this great idea over the years, which are referred to here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17998&p=128874&hil ... ce#p128874

It's a good idea to remind people about it though. Hopefully, it will be implemented.
exactly what i was thinking :D
i posted under some of those topics myself over the limited time i joined forum.
also, there is a saying in my country: "it takes but a single person to bring forth astonishing changes; this one will turn into many fast when serving a just cause".
and what a shock :) market is a much needed feature, saving many a lot of time from selling at 0.0 (still can do it, of course; trade system should stay as well for those who font like markets, want to transfer items between alts/friends, etc.)
markets wont hurt anyone, it has consigment fees so it will be better to sell at 0.0 if you need gold, but if you want to grind you can do so while your items are in market waiting for their buyers :D , so we can consider it a just cause :)
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
Rotvile

Post by Rotvile »

Likes this thread.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing the world that he didn't exist
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

reached 260, started kraken (gold sink +lightning blitzbees :lol: ), finished underground village (so-so, dissapointing reward compared to what i have to do and give), east cave is too hard (seriously). and the future only brings even more gold sinks in the form of quests. why the heck use QUESTS as gold sink? who came up with this brilliant (300% irony) idea? a normal person and a normal game finds a GOOD solution (quests? absolutely not) for this; not everyone has billions of gold to spend on quests, nor months to finally get one quest done only to find the next part even more demanding. and the reward? that very next quest, nothing else. seriously, stop with these quests (0.1% drops from monsters that i can kill 1by1, amounts of gold that takes weeks or even months to get for a free2play player). and for gods shake, make quest locations possible at required lvl (examples; weisstein, proditor, House of Houses, kraken altar room). add something to shops or whatever thats useful but theres other ways to get too; thats the ideal way for gold sinks (or, since theres the 50m gold potions, do something similar for 1k and higher drops for even more gold; theres a way to get them but the rich will most likely spend there instead of grinding for hours, while the poorer can simply grind them, albeit much slower)
Leone

Post by Leone »

The idea of a gold sink does pop up every now and again.

Notice this thread for example, where comments were made after the Ardesia City quests were released in 2018:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15626&p=98229&hilit ... ink#p98229

Funnily enough, if you look in that thread, I also quote a thread from 2017 where the value of gold had dropped enormously:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13869&p=79284&hilit ... ink#p79284

It's not an answer, but I wonder if players in 2020 are feeling the effects of the gold sinks/quests that were created two or three years ago.

Also, again not an answer, but the quests you have just completed will eventually unlock later quests with greater rewards. For example, eventual access to the platinum mines underneath the underground village.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Leone wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:45 pm It's not an answer, but I wonder if players in 2020 are feeling the effects of the gold sinks/quests that were created two or three years ago.
those gold sinks were added because the players at that time (2-3years ago) had too much gold. what about new players? those who joined after those ways of gold gaining were removed (heard a glitch was used by some, though sure that wasnt the only way) simply dont have enough to comolete them as soon as they unlock them (except if they only reach that lvl after getting enough gold). gold sink itself is needed in every game, but not in the form of quests, thats too short sighted (again, might work for today's players but future players will suffer)