Hmmmm...

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Hmmmm...

Post by ryaca_ »

Just letting everyone know that this player is not me. I have a sword alt named Storms7. Could this be a random coincidence?
Hmmmmm?
Screenshot_2020-07-12-06-39-19-496.jpeg
Screenshot_2020-07-12-06-39-19-496.jpeg (664.89 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
Barkley

Re: Hmmmm...

Post by Barkley »

Does nor seam like a quinidance :shock: and also is just level 8. Tryna copy a former gm ??? Mhhhh
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Barkley wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:34 pm Does nor seam like a quinidance :shock: and also is just level 8. Tryna copy a former gm ??? Mhhhh
It will be interesting to see what becomes of this character and what type of behavior he exhibits.
theking

Post by theking »

ryaca_ wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:36 pm Just letting everyone know that this player is not me. I have a sword alt named Storms7. Could this be a random coincidence?
Hmmmmm?Screenshot_2020-07-12-06-39-19-496.jpeg
You did well to put this post, there are players who pose as others to steal, annoy etc.

There are also several thekings that are not me and cause problems for my allies and then they think it is me but not only do I have an account called theking and it is my magician the others are different players.

(my ogre is called thekingOgr )

Are there punishments for those who count to impersonate other players?
theking (mage) lvl 6000🧙‍♂️
jaironerja (arch) lvl 4002🏹
thekingdwf(dwarf) lvl 160⛏️
zaape (swordman) lvl 100🗡️
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Rule 9b does include language that "This could include, defamation (including using a similar name or clan name on purpose)..."

There are some names that are rather generic, so variations are to be expected. Other names are pretty unique so copycats are a bit suspicious. But a rule violation is only if the similar name is used for deceptive purposes. Quite subjective I suppose.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560&p=19922&hilit ... ate#p19922

Rule 0 is quite clear that players cannot impersonate GMs, but I agree that having the same name as another player is a different situation and rule 9b addresses it.

I think announcing concerns on here (as Ry has done) and also to the GM inbox are good ideas.

Now Ry / Storms7 has posted on here, it will be very easy to do a forum search to verify.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

theking wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:08 pm
ryaca_ wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:36 pm Just letting everyone know that this player is not me. I have a sword alt named Storms7. Could this be a random coincidence?
Hmmmmm?Screenshot_2020-07-12-06-39-19-496.jpeg
You did well to put this post, there are players who pose as others to steal, annoy etc.

There are also several thekings that are not me and cause problems for my allies and then they think it is me but not only do I have an account called theking and it is my magician the others are different players.

(my ogre is called thekingOgr )

Are there punishments for those who count to impersonate other players?
I am not sure if players can be punished for having a similar name unless they claim they are you and do bad things to defame your character. Then I think punishment can happen.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Agreed with that. We see players all the time like "player" or "player2000" or "bestplayer" or whatever. Many times they are just a name someone likes and they can't pick the original so they modify.

If someone says "I'm Storms7's alt so can I borrow 1b?" that's a very different issue
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

SellSword wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:06 am Agreed with that. We see players all the time like "player" or "player2000" or "bestplayer" or whatever. Many times they are just a name someone likes and they can't pick the original so they modify.

If someone says "I'm Storms7's alt so can I borrow 1b?" that's a very different issue
Likes this post.