Forgotten Tales: Abuse and harassment offsite.

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Forgotten Tales: Abuse and harassment offsite.

Post by TangledSwerve »

As some of you already know, I have a very strong stance against excessively abusive behaviour towards others in game. Pet killing, harassment in the form of griefing new players or those who do not like PvP, or those who PvP but simply do not have the capacity to show respect towards others due to their own immaturity.

It makes me a target here and I've come to accept that, at the cost of finding this forum & game frequently distasteful and hostile. Usually, this is dealt with, to some degree but there are those who do not contain their vehemence and take to posting videos elsewhere to deliberately attempt insult & humiliate.

My own experience of this has negligible impact on me, however what I do care about is when this cancerous behaviour is left unchecked. Not least, because there are vulnerable younger minds in this game who will care deeply about being subjected to a relentless personal assault by an vindictive and nasty individual.

On this note, I am suggesting to Compbatant & the FT GM team to include offsite posts where harassment of another player is included as further evidence for breach of Rule 9b. Behaviour of this kind should not escape consequences just because it occurs on another website.
Screenshot_20200803-192940_kindlephoto-54179862.png
Screenshot_20200803-192940_kindlephoto-54179862.png (282.82 KiB) Viewed 4517 times
Last edited by TangledSwerve on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicole-_-

Re: Forgotten Takes: Abuse and harassment offsite.

Post by Nicole-_- »

TangledSwerve wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:01 am As some of you already know, I have a very strong stance against excessively abusive behaviour towards others in game. Pet killing, harassment in the form of griefing new players or those who do not like PvP, or those who PvP but simply do not have the capacity to show respect towards others due to their own immaturity.

It makes me a target here and I've come to accept that, at the cost of finding this forum & game frequently distasteful and hostile. Usually, this is dealt with, to some degree but there are those who do not contain their vehemence and take to posting videos elsewhere to deliberately attempt insult & humiliate.

My own experience of this has negligible impact on me, however what I do care about is when this cancerous behaviour is left unchecked. Not least, because there are vulnerable younger minds in this game who will care deeply about being subjected to a relentless personal assault by an vindictive and nasty individual.

On this note, I am suggesting to Compbatant & the FT GM team to include offsite posts where harassment of another player is included as further evidence for breach of Rule 9b. Behaviour of this kind should not escape consequences just because it occurs on another website.

Dude he just wants post his glorys on youtube leave em alone dang
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Nicole-_- wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:17 am
TangledSwerve wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:01 am As some of you already know, I have a very strong stance against excessively abusive behaviour towards others in game. Pet killing, harassment in the form of griefing new players or those who do not like PvP, or those who PvP but simply do not have the capacity to show respect towards others due to their own immaturity.

Do you honestly believe that this behaviour is anywhere near being considered as appropriate? :|
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

Nicole-_- wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:17 am

This is his description:

"Dumb f***g loser LMFAO g** archer no wonder why you need to bring your noob mage. Do something with your pathetic life g** noob"

That is not trying to show glory, Nicole.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

There's 1 witness of that video.
A GM himself is recorded in the video.
Its nothing other than bullying in that video.
Personally this is what I replyd:
Attachments
Screenshot_20200804-075150_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200804-075150_YouTube.jpg (342.81 KiB) Viewed 4490 times
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
h4t3rz

Re: Forgotten Tales: Abuse and harassment offsite.

Post by h4t3rz »

I do not feel GM should monitor other websites. YouTube has its own policies and rules. Second if it offends you then don't view his YouTube page. You have a choice and are not forced to view his channel. If anything you just promoted his channel to gain more views.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

h4t3rz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:16 pm I do not feel GM should monitor other websites. YouTube has its own policies and rules. Second if it offends you then don't view his YouTube page. You have a choice and are not forced to view his channel. If anything you just promoted his channel to gain more views.
That's not what I'm suggesting in my post. If a player is deliberately targets another using a popular social media site using Forgotten Tales footage, specifically to harass it should be included under the umbrella of Rule 9b. Especially, if it provides further evidence of on-going situation.
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

I stick with what I said. I sugguest you mute player in game and stay off there YouTube channel. YouTube is not required to play FT and talking to players who offend you can be fixed by muting. You have the tools. I sugguest you do something to help yourself.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

h4t3rz wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:39 pm I stick with what I said. I sugguest you mute player in game and stay off there YouTube channel. YouTube is not required to play FT and talking to players who offend you can be fixed by muting. You have the tools. I sugguest you do something to help yourself.
He is permanently muted, however, this did not stopped this particular individual from using his numerous alts to further his campaign of hatred. I hasten to add, this player has targeted a number of others in-game like this. Persistent harassment & abuse is clearly outlined as against the rules.

The other point being made is that many younger players also participate in FT - on that note the game has to show that it will show some responsibility for cleaning up toxic parts of it's community that sit within the margins of this game. Not least because, it a small community where footage of this nature circulates in the various chat groups on Facebook (How do you think I found it? Lol). The impact of this on someone more.vulnerable, who is say, 10-16, would be potentially devastating enough for them to leave the game entirely or worse.

Irrespective of which site such activity is on, it is still using Forgotten Tales to harass, insult or intimidate.
(-Komutan-)

Post by (-Komutan-) »

I'm tired of you and these unnecessary complaints now(TangledSwerve) :evil: :evil: :evil:
Turkish Translator