Pet movement

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

justj99

Pet movement

Post by justj99 »

At start/spawn the other day (0.0), I saw a player pretty much standing still fishing while making his pets walk all around the area. I don't mean one click and whip at time. This was like, left side of the river over to the board walk/ path way some of the time. Then back. I thought I had some things figured out, but this blew me away....

Is there a beta feature coming? Or are there some magical seeming tricks I've yet to discover with pets?

*Edited for typos.
Leone

Re: Pet movement

Post by Leone »

Just a thought...was it him or other players whipping the pets to move them? It's happened to me and probably most whilst I'm fishing, mining and chopping in a stationary position.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

That sounds like pets looking for fun! When a wolf or a spider comes in range the pets run off while fishing. Perhaps that is what was happening. I've seen 6-8 pets converge on one wolf even though the first one in range killed it. If the water is in the way of them getting to a wolf in range they will walk all the way to a bridge and around to get to it sometimes making a big circle.
Retired
justj99

Post by justj99 »

This wasn't a little movement. It reminded me of someone playing with their joystick, but this was pets. Anyway, I guess the mystery will stay unsolved for now. :)
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Apparently, there's a trick where you can tap to move, then quickly tap the joystick to stay more or less in place while the pets walk to the tapped spot. It must have been a case of mistaken identity on my part as to who the pets belonged to. Thanks Ramm for showing me that trick!
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

Could be done. Happened to me some times at start map, moving with pets, i tapped other side of river and my characther didn't move but pets went over the bridge. I m not sure I can do it on purpose, but happened
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Hmmm, ok. Maybe if the pets can see where to go, but the player position can't. I'll have to try something like that to see. Thanks!