Ridiculous

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

corpse

Ridiculous

Post by corpse »

For those of you who may not know me, let me start by saying I have been in this game since it first opened. I had started in the RPG version and joined mmorp when it opened. At first I wasn't sure I liked playing the game with other Real Players...but it grew on me quickly. Many in the game were eager to help others and we formed bonds that have grown still today.
Since the beginning of this game however, things have grown to become down right ridiculous!

Rules upon Rules are being written and re-written.
Cursing? I understand. Insulting other players? I understand. But to be muted with out a reason or heads up, because you got caught saying WTF or LMFAO...or maybe even telling someone not to be an idiot. These rules are going too far. I myself have never been muted (yet) but I see it happen all the time. It's a hard thing to control and I understand the reasons...But when the entire focus of Mods is to watch and mute others for things that they don't always understand...It starts becoming too much.

Now, what is with ALL the complaining and reporting players that are blocking your way? It is a War game. If my clan decides to block your clan from training in a certain area...that is strategy, NOT abuse.
I think it is crazy how many wine and cry about not being able to grind and level up. If someone, or clan is in the area...there are plenty other areas. How many times have, many of you, been in an area and spawned some monsters for xp...then some guy comes along and starts killing them? Is he an abuser of the game? But if I choose to keep him away from the area, I am now an abuser of the game.

Another example is that we are Not allowed to help smaller players anymore. Really? People are calling it chest running if I loan a guy a dungeon key and lead him through so he can collect TONS of money. Sure I charge for the help and sure there are those that help there Alts get more and more...But SO WHAT?? Why should any of that become against the rules? This is a game of strategy and trying to figure out how to survive. As long as it is not a bug in the system being abused, it should Not be an issue to Creator, Mods or anyone else.
There is Far to much Crying going on!
How about finding some new stuff to keep higher level players with something to do.

It is just getting RIDICULOUS!!
Azok

Re: Ridiculous

Post by Azok »

+32
[Game Mod]
Im here to help, If you're ever having trouble feel free to PM me
Azok-Moderator Account
Death-White Mage-Lvl 48
Azog-Dark Dwarf-Lvl 79
Skeleton-Swordsman-Lvl 112
~Smokey~

Post by ~Smokey~ »

I completely agree...but when it comes to petty things like this..we have no say...but calling someone an idiot or using abbreviations an what not an getting muted for it is out of line
Bloodvoyeur

Post by Bloodvoyeur »

Corpses is 100% on this one. I would like to see improvements to the game more then rules being added and players being muted.
"Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.."[font=][/font]
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

I disagree in...

... calling others an idiot is no problem. its not necessary and I will alwaysto remind u to keep language clean. I would not mute for this.

... blocking spawn isjust tactic. it is, but it's not fair. when a stronger player keeps stealing ur monsters, talk to them. if u block a bridge its same as slow spell spamming or invitation spamming. its not ok.

I agree with the complaining thing. if anybody sees a mid, complaints start. if anyone needs mod, same.

question urself and be just fair. then all will be ok with ur game play.

and chest runs is not helping someone looting treasure. it's when u create massive number of chars only for this.

but again, think. is it fun to have 10Millions gold at . lvl 16? u complain about high lvl boredom. why u get low lvls that boost then? help them with guarding, hints etc.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

For the most part, I agree with Corpses. Yes, this game has grown quite a bit as far as the population that plays it. When we were all noobs running around, it was pretty easy going. However, as the game grew and attracted thousands of new players, the many different personalities is bound to bring a few negative issues. Hence the need for rules. When new issues arise, new rules need to be made. It's just a part of life.

There really is no place for vulgar or offensive language in a public chat with an open audience. We all get mad from time to time and may feel the need to express our anger. In this day and age, cussing is quite common. However, it should NOT be in public chat. As for things like LMAO, WTF, etc - those are harmless for the most part. idiot, dumb, punk, and other "derogatory" words can become offensive depending on the context in which they were used. However, I do not agree that a player should be muted for talking about an idiotic situation, or a dumb question, or some other use of such words. Now, if it seems that the chat is getting heated, or name calling is in play - even if there are no cuss words, I will ask the chatter to tone it down. I will not "warn" that player unless it becomes very ugly. If you call someone an idiot, you may get a warning. If you continue, I would most likely talk with you. If you are cooperative, we are all good. If you persist in being a jerk - you will be muted. Now, don't mute me for saying jerk :)

As for blocking - the strategy that you laid out is okay. If a clan is going to attempt to prevent another clan from playing in a certain area, by all means go for it. The other clan has the choice of engaging in a battle for the area or moving to a different area. I agree with you on that. However, my earlier post had nothing to do with clans. I should have clarified, but frankly clan warfare was no where in my mind at the time. The blocking rule that was recently imposed is for regular play. The player Chinese would stand near the bridge to purposely block the spawn of the warlocks. Not being in a clan, Chinese was preventing everyone from playing in that area. That is not within the spirit of the game, and should not (and will not) be tolerated.

It has been said many times in various posts that a spawn does not belong to any one player. If my player spawns a large group, I do not own that spawn and any other player has the right to kill that spawn. Is it nice to "steal" another player's spawn? No. Is it a punishable offense? No. It's just rude. If a player takes an NPC into a corner to hack away at it, please have the courtesy to allow that player to do so. if that player spawns a whole group, but cannot kill the whole spawn - go ahead and take them out. Please note that every map is only allowed to spawn a certain number of NPCs. If one player spawns what we call "Max Spawn," and he owns that spawn - it means no other player is allowed to play on that map. That's just not right. There is not a mod in the game that would punish another player for helping to kill that spawn. Bottom line on that issue is to be courteous of your fellow player and spawn only what you can take immediately - otherwise SHARE! Also, don't be rude. If a player has a small spawn of 5 or 6 NPCs and there is no one else on the map - go find a different spot on the map and make your own spawn. Now, if 3 or 4 players have their own spawn and not killing that spawn immediately, it would take up the map's max spawn. In this instance those 3 or 4 players should be expected to share. If you want to fight between the two of you for that spawn - go ahead. Don't call a mod for help. That's between the two of you. We'll only ask that you share or find a different spot so you can train in peace.

As for helping other players - that's what this whole MMORPG is all about. Otherwise, we go to the solo game. There is only one item in a chest for one player. If you assist that player into a dungeon to get a certain item, but have an arrangement to share the loot or whatever - so what? That's between the two of you. There is NO rule that says helping other players is prohibited. I'm not familiar with this concept of chest runs, but I believe the problem arises when a player creates many alt accounts to go clear chests over and over. I personally don't care. If you want to take the time to do that, I don't have an issue with it. However, if the powers in charge find that it is an abuse, I will be forced to do my job. Otherwise - get all the loot you can!

Your last suggestion is to get higher level challenges for the higher level players. This is something creator is doing constantly. Corpses, you've been in the game a long time so I know you've seen all the updates with areas that were more and more challenging. Creator is constantly working on new content for the game. Be patient, and it will come out. As far as content for players that have bought numerous levels, you can't expect Creator to make areas only for the select few that purchased 100s of levels. This game is for the mass public, and the content will be designed for the people. Newer and more challenging content is always in the works.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

thumbs up, hobb. with this post i agree nearly 100%.
i was short timed this morning, so my post was very shortened.
the chest run thing; creating 10-30 chars just to get some mio gold i dislike from server view; why has the database to grow, why the game needs to slow down just for ur (clan) money? its not fair for the community.
and referring the blocking: i thought u talk about a different thing, corpse. so i regret i got that wrong and take my post back there - if its just to block the bridge so the enemy clan mage gets burned by the npcs - go for it.
with LMAO or WTF i have no probs and i will discuss this again in our mod group. i guess not all mods treat all chats the same what is not perfect for u as a player, sure. if this occurs, write a PM and be sure, we discuss it within our group. for WTF i would remind u prob (not in every case, depends) but this would not be considered as a "warning" like a yellow card.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
ayc

Post by ayc »

I screenshot any offensive words,then warn not to say again..
If this player promissed not to say that anymore,i dont report,but if he rage and trash talk even more,i take more screenshots and report all of them.
Well,calling someone an idiot isnt cool,even if he did something wrong,most probably cz he is new player..just keep calm and teach him :)
We all used to be new,we all started from 0 :D
White mage and Gandalf were best who tought me game rules,and made me a good player :)
I rlly knew nothing about game,but mods and older players helped me to know more :D
You dont rlly have to help low lvls,but at least respect :)
Corpse,u used to help me too :D
Alts:
DeathWish (dwarf)
Storm (archer)
Mysterious (mage)
Azok

Post by Azok »

i agree with Hobbit on everything. And as for the run thing, we should be prepared for new players. doing chest runs, if youre commited enough is only 1 accouny every 30-45minutes. can take longer. that shouldnt slow the game down, and if it does, something should be said about the servers. this game has so many oppinions x)
[Game Mod]
Im here to help, If you're ever having trouble feel free to PM me
Azok-Moderator Account
Death-White Mage-Lvl 48
Azog-Dark Dwarf-Lvl 79
Skeleton-Swordsman-Lvl 112
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

Azok wrote:i agree with Hobbit on everything. And as for the run thing, we should be prepared for new players. doing chest runs, if youre commited enough is only 1 accouny every 30-45minutes. can take longer. that shouldnt slow the game down, and if it does, something should be said about the servers. this game has so many oppinions x)
A good level mage can make millions on the archer map faster than any chest run. Creating an alt just to go empty a few chests, as Azok said, takes a lot of time and you get 0 xp. If you stop to get xp while on that run, just add that amount of time it takes to make that chest run. Now, you spend what 1 hour on that one run? Spend one hour harvesting fire bows, buying pots, repeat. You will have way more gold with the archers. I see this chest run thing as a waste of time. If someone wants to spend that much time doing such a simple thing - go for it.
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)