A knight in training

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Rkiq

A knight in training

Post by Rkiq »

Hello all,

I have been traveling the beautiful lands of Forgotten Tales and I am impressed by what I have seen so far. I welcome any suggestions that anyone would like to add in this thread for a new player.

My training continues.
With my sword I will stand firm...

I stand for truth, honor, and justice...
Akkilles

Re: A knight in training

Post by Akkilles »

Welcome.
I'm happy you like our game so far.

Adding some , what I think is good to know in your welcoming thread.

Game rules.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2560
Forum Rules.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1006
GM event
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18679
Game Admin
Akkilles ☆Active☆
(I'll answer when i have time)

--> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Rkiq

Post by Rkiq »

Thank you Achilles for the links. I am now level 12 and I have a full set of tools thanks to Kulgan. I have crafted my first item. A torch, courtesy of the dwarf in the orc mines.

A simple item yet I find the flames that glow brightly and that lick the night air oddly satisfying. It feels good to hold a torch in my hands.
Mytorch.jpg
Mytorch.jpg (39.75 KiB) Viewed 2174 times

davidjett

Post by davidjett »

Welcome Rkiq!!

This is indeed a great game filled with some awesome people. Looking forward to seeing you in game. Is Rkiq also your in game name or are you keeping your identity a secret to be discovered?? :mrgreen:

One tip that I can offer is don't be discouraged when it comes to leveling. There are definitely slow times in between certain levels but with the right gear sets and grinding locations found, leveling becomes quicker and quicker.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
Rkiq

Post by Rkiq »

I fought giant red spiders tonight. For a moment, I thought that they would overwhelm me with their sheer numbers, but I fought hard and vanquished the foul beasts.
Spiders.jpg
Spiders.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 2170 times
I walked on for awhile after the brutal melee and came upon an abandoned camp. I got a fire going and began fishing so that I could regain my strength. After I rest, I will travel northeast to look for the Brassmonkey tavern.
Campfire.jpg
Campfire.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2170 times

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

As a knight still continuing my own training I would encourage you to complete the quests that Kulgan has to offer. As you've noticed you learn some things, get some items, and begin to explore the great world of FT.

You have a forum account and that is an awesome start. The forum is simply packed with information so search and ask away. I've found a simple search in the top right of the screen often yields some helpful information, and if there is something you can't find you can sure ask.

If discord is more your thing you can get there from the game login.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Rkiq

Post by Rkiq »

davidjett wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:12 am Welcome Rkiq!!

This is indeed a great game filled with some awesome people. Looking forward to seeing you in game. Is Rkiq also your in game name or are you keeping your identity a secret to be discovered?? :mrgreen:

One tip that I can offer is don't be discouraged when it comes to leveling. There are definitely slow times in between certain levels but with the right gear sets and grinding locations found, leveling becomes quicker and quicker.
Hi David and thank you for the advice. I am a pretty patient person so I am looking forward to the grind.

Yes, my toons name is the same as my forum name. There are a couple of acreenshots in the post above that show me in my knights armor. I will be watching for you. Perhaps we will meet someday.

Rkiq

Post by Rkiq »

SellSword wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:16 am As a knight still continuing my own training I would encourage you to complete the quests that Kulgan has to offer. As you've noticed you learn some things, get some items, and begin to explore the great world of FT.

You have a forum account and that is an awesome start. The forum is simply packed with information so search and ask away. I've found a simple search in the top right of the screen often yields some helpful information, and if there is something you can't find you can sure ask.

If discord is more your thing you can get there from the game login.
It is good to see a fellow knight. I haven't used the search function yet but I foresee that as I progress, I will have many questions. I am currently working on the Kulgan's tutorial quests and am looking for the brass monkey tavern. I've searched to the south some and I will go north soon to explore. Thank you for your advice.

davidjett

Post by davidjett »

Lol. Digging your dry sense of humor and wit. Looking forward to your posts as well!!

PS - are you sure you are not @Gullander in disguise?? :o

You two will get along well!
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Gullander welcomes another bard to the FT realm! May his making of tales be glorious and his telling of them yet brighter! :)
Retired