I and Kalen made that map! We also worked hard!

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

I and Kalen made that map! We also worked hard!

Post by Barkley »

Before anything is missunderstood just understand that this isn't hate speech or something. It may just sound rude but it's not intended to be that.

I and Malen made that map and I made a big back story I'm still trying to post. There were constant changes without telling us anything. At that point I was told anyone who wanted any change, that change would be made. I than wanted to fix some issues I found and was told that i couldn't request for anything. Again our map will be changed without talking to us at all! Look I don't expect you to do evrything like I want but I do expect you tell tell me this and that and I tell you my opinion.. but no. The map is starting to look less and less of what it was intended. I hope that these massive changes wount destroy the beauty of the map. The emersion is already quite broken becouse of some changes. Every island has a name and most names have reason's for it. Why do you not know the names? Well becouse evan after 5 months there's still no announcement with he back story names... We made the map twice becouse a bug deleated it. Twice! Just becouse now a different side took over the map it doesn't mean you need to destory what it's ment to be. I have absolutely no idea what you are doing becouse noone told us. We expected to get told when changes would be made and to get a voice about them. You find something op? Np, we can surely fix it! You think it's to op so the entire map must change? Np, we'll make a new one! Anything! Just don't forget we made that map and it took months to do everything. Your issue is that it is unbalanced? If so I agree, but couldn't get me in on changing it?
As a quick disclaimer, Kalen made around 70% of the the map while I evrything that remains. And for who doesn't know Kalen is my brother.
I could think of many ways to save the map form being op or what ever your issue is. BUT GET ME AND KALEN IN ON IT! WE MADE THAT MAP! Up untill this map all clan maps couldve been done in 1 day. Only the mess that is the light house clan map could take at maximum 3-4 days. I've got a lot to say but don't want it to long so I will stop here.

IF THIS SOUNDS RUDE PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT AS THAT! IT'S NOT MENT RUDE! WE WORKED HARD ON THE MAP AND JUST WANT A VOICE IN ITS CHANGES!

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Gawr Gura

Re: I and Kalen made that map! We also worked hard!

Post by Gawr Gura »

Honestly,i have no idea what changes are waiting for this map,but as for the lighthouse,this is really the map that needed help.There were many requests for help on their part when rivals put buildings in put in place which did not belong to them first, thereby gaining a winning position for themselves by updating clans.But no one listened to them and now i am reading this post.So what has changed now compared compared to the situation with the lighthouse that 134.134 needs changes but not the lighthouse?
Leone

Post by Leone »

I'm not going to comment on some of the problems with this map. Some, but not all, are listed in the thread below. Other problems were discovered but not made public.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18433

As a wider point, once a map is released it belongs to the game and not the map creator. Changes big and small are made over and over again. Some we will never even notice and others we do.

Look at the map embellishments that Akkilles has done over the last few weeks and months. This sort of thing is part of the game's evolvement.

I say - wait and see what Lord Seth proposes.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:19 pm I'm not going to comment on some of the problems with this map. Some, but not all, are listed in the thread below. Other problems were discovered but not made public.

As a wider point, once a map is released it belongs to the game and not the map creator. Changes big and small are made over and over again. Some we will never even notice and others we do.

Look at the map embellishments that Akkilles has done over the last few weeks and months. This sort of thing is part of the game's evolvement.

I understand and don't want to argue over all of this.
But it's hard to see what Lord Seth wants to do if you're not told. I hope you do also understand how we feel about poting so much work into this map and than having this....

cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

and whats going on with that map?
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
Leone

Post by Leone »

I think things will be in progress following this announcement:

viewtopic.php?f=14&p=137576#p137576
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

ya i read that but im intrested what exactly will heppen.it gonna be gone?
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I think Leone hit on the main point of all this that must be understood clearly:
Leone wrote:{snip}, once a map is released it belongs to the game and not the map creator.
{snip}
So it is obvious that what happens to it "after" it becomes the PROPERTY OF THE GAME is Compbatant's concern not the people that created it.
Last edited by LostKnight on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Barkley wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:23 pm
Leone wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:19 pm I'm not going to comment on some of the problems with this map. Some, but not all, are listed in the thread below. Other problems were discovered but not made public.

But it's hard to see what Lord Seth wants to do if you're not told. I hope you do also understand how we feel about poting so much work into this map and than having this....
Losing 134.134’s corrupt map style is a heavy blow, I'm sure. Just imagine what ELSE is getting changed.
:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Omnes Autem Uri
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:48 pm
Barkley wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Losing 134.134’s corrupt map style is a heavy blow, I'm sure. Just imagine what ELSE is getting changed.
:twisted: :lol: :twisted:
The actual funny thing is you were doing your best to keep it op untill I turned against you after the betrayal of y'all. It's wery obvious that GM's kept this one-sided deleting it as soon as 2.2 losses it.