Item Upgrade - Drop - No Drop Discussion

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Item Upgrade - Drop - No Drop Discussion

Post by LostKnight »

OK, I'm not a 'politically correct' person. I don't have the fancy languages skills of some and a lot of time what I write ruffles a few feathers. BUT what I write is how I feel about something. Doesn't make it right or wrong, just my thoughts and opinions.

Today people are watching and responding to: Reviewing Customized Items.

Well LordSeth's two opening points were interesting to say the least.
So I added my thoughts on those.
LordSeth wrote:1. There is no reward in PvP (most common complaint)
- check who is complaining - is their gear Upgraded - If so toss it out.
- "PvP" - "winning" is reward enough, PvP has NOT changed! How is it possible that all of a sudden it is boring??
- - AHA! Whats changed is they don't get to steal someones hard earned gear that they paid RL $$ to have the "no_drop" tag added.
- Consider the old 30% drop rate for:
- - gear that has a, 1%, 0,1% drop rate from mobs - IS THAT FAIR? OR
- - a 23% change to craft it from a mob drop of 1% or 0.1% - IS THAT FAIR?
- Give "PvP" a game gold reward, at a 1% chance drop rate like mobs do: Example: 25M
- - Obviously that can adjusted (amount) and will probably be contested by a few
- - - If mobs drop game gold or items why can't the same apply to PvP - NOT PKing
LordSeth wrote:2. After a player customized a gear set they level up and acquire new gear for their level but they must purchase more item upgrades and the previous items become useless to the player and they can not trade the previous upgrade items to administration team for new item upgrades to use on new gear.
- I do not understand how previous items become useless?
- - Cleo: "I named mine specially for loved ones in honor of their memory if someone else got that in a drop it would mean nothing to them."
- - Check out my 2K gear, named with a purpose and will be mine always
- - I have offered to "lend" my upgraded gear to friends I trust until they can get their own.
- - I gave away my complete set of 1K gear to a friend, not 'sold it', gave it away.
- excuse me, my lvl 500 gear was not useless. I could sell it or keep it or give it away. Mute point today with being able to buy in a shop now.
- If a player levels up, their pets do not level up with them. They have to buy new pets. They cannot trade the previous pets to administration team for new pets. How is gear different?

=====================
@LordSeth - no disrespect meant.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Lestat

Re: Item Upgrade - Drop - No Drop Discussion

Post by Lestat »

Very good points.

Also these people complaining PvP is no fun, what are their levels? 3k and up? Its boring because you chose to level beyond "normal" players and lowered the pool from which u can PvP.

Next then, these players have joined clans to kill as they feel. They didnt complain when they killed someone 2000 lvls lower wearing no gear(to prevent losing hard earned gear). They only complain now because it looks cool( so i want it) or has slightly improved lower levels survivability to have gear on.

And then again, are those complaining actually spending real money on the game? Id say not. They want someone elses money.. if the trend becomes let them take it, then pet killing should no longer be an issue.. they bought it, i can take it. Are skins gonna become an accesory to be dropped? I paid for that as well.. how about houses? Can we make those seigable and reclaimable also? (Once again, you purchase those with real money).. it seems the ones that complain about money purchases, are those that dont spend money.

Go ahead and cater to those, see how long it takes for the money pool to dry up..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I agree! I've seen a trophy system mentioned multiple times and I think it would be an amazing solution to the issues. The gear doesn't seem to be the issue here, the pvp system is. This has been an issue for years. People have complained about the no_drop items being "pay to win" yet they mass buy levels and probably have the gear upgrades as well. Mass level buying has been around for years and is nothing new. The gear upgrades have nothing but benefits and the only reason people want it changed is to have "fun" in pvp because they're "bored"
I'll tell ya right now nearly every higher player I know who has bought levels... says that alone makes the game boring. The drops aren't the issue, the insanely high levels are. The game was never meant to have so many people at such a high level... For example, the 3k gear hasn't really even been out that long-- considering how many people were well beyond that level at their release. 3k gear is still the highest level gear available, but there are many players 5k+

Players have upgraded items for many reasons.
-Doesn't drop in pvp!
-Fully customizable colors!
-Memorials of loved ones or lost friends!
-An upgrade in stats!

There's probably things I'm forgetting to mention but I'm sure you get my point!!
If the game needs a change because "pvp is boring" maybe a change with the pvp system is the necessary step.
Does life really get better?
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Here is a link to a July 2021 discussion of this topic. I took a fairly hard line and was a bit snarky in my response. At that time I viewed it as yet another complaining thread, now I am looking at it in a larger sense for the overall game possibilities since it is being voted on for player feedback. It has some good points appropriate for this discussion.

https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... 61#p138413
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Forgot about that thread Gull. But really does fit into today's discussions
TY
I was always AFK!
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

I offered an alternative. Make 4k and up gear(soon to come is what was said) non customizable. Thus giving the 3k up something to "fight for" yet allowing lower levels confidence they can keep their gear.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I saw that. I have mixed emotions about it.

BUT it is an idea that just might work.

People can always choose to stay with their 3K Upgraded Gear.

I saw someone with some lvl500 gear upgraded, plate and weapon I think.
I was always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I stated my position in the other thread and I'm not going to just keep saying the same thing in multiple posts.

I think "useless" maybe gives the wrong impression, but I know what LS means. If you upgrade 1k gear and then get 1.5k gear there isn't much use for the old gear. Yes, you can obviously trade/gift it. In some situations such as 2k gear that is upgraded it will not work for crafting 3k gear.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

SellSword wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm In some situations such as 2k gear that is upgraded it will not work for crafting 3k gear.
AH !! You're right!
I had not evaluated this point of view.

For the less experienced, to create most of the 3K pieces it takes 2K pieces (even 2 for each piece in some cases)
By coloring the 2K piece, it cannot be used to create the 3k.
I think this is a very important observation.
Bravo Sell.

I was talking now with an Italian friend of mine. Ancient.
Many complain about the boring PVP, the boring game because of this "recolour".
According to this friend of mine, the game becomes boring not for this, but for lack of other things, such as the "storyline" which has been stopped for a long time.
But this deserves a tread of its own.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

Now pvp has become much more attractive Without losing items for me and safe fun 🌸🌺🌸
I think vote for it
( Recolor item should drop when we join clan )
Maybe player love pvp and love drop they can join clan
Its risk always for lost item lost xp having enemy
So all can be happy
I think 🤔
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇