Daily Mage quest adjustments?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Daily Mage quest adjustments?

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Gullander wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:44 pm Of course part of the equation is promoting the cooperation of players to achieve goals. The difficulty to get items make a market for them...for instance getting a fairy wing. But I also know first-hand what is required in some tiers is hard for the beginning of the level spread and more doable towards the end. For instance 20 mino hides...yes at level 600 you can kill them...but unless you have halflings and are extremely careful it is quite an undertaking. The reward though is the same. And you shouldn't have to make a $ purchase of a pet to do it. I think scales might fall in that category. To drop 2 scales at level 1000 is different than dropping one head at 2000. And yes there isn't any reason why everything should be equal in it's ease or difficulty to obtain but I do consider that the reward is the same easy or hard. I just think players ought to be encouraged to play not discouraged. It's easy to say at 1000, 2000, or beyond it isn't that hard but ask a 300, or 600 or someone new to the tier with scales what they think.
I think there should be an option to cancel the kill-quests at Merc Guild (for some kind of price, and have it reset the quests needed for the gear recipes). Beyond that, I'm of the opinion that if a player doesn't want to do a daily, don't do it.
It may sound a bit callous, but it's what I've grown accustomed to.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If the quest could be random within the group you're on that would be ok. Kind of like a quartermaster quest without the possibility of additional quests in a day.

One issue could be advancing to the next group of quests.As it is right now you need to both have the needed level and complete all of the previous quests at least once. There would need to be a way to make all of the quests be covered and also stop someone from continuing in some situations.

For example, if a 5k player starts those for the first time you can't have the player completing only spectre dust quests multiple times and skipping the others. At some point you need to make them move on.

Possibly keep the quests as they are for the first time and then allowing repeats to be random as long as a player is in the same group?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Complete the first time for your level, then random from all completed level groups might be good...
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

justj99 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:20 pm Complete the first time for your level, then random from all completed level groups might be good...
I think you and Sell have hit on a nice balanced approach. :D
Retired