Thoughts & Votes

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

sandspur32

Re: Thoughts & Votes

Post by sandspur32 »

Guys, call me crazy, but isn't this just a game? I'm just thinking some people are taking it a little too seriously. Magix you have spent a ridiculous amount of money to attain god status... for what? Great, you help support the game... but just to go running around ruining the fun for others, then ranting like a mad man about it on the forum.
I've bought levels, but not an insane amount. I just play and have a good time.
Of course, the creator would be a fool to give your money back, and remove you from the game. He makes good, legitimate money from it. And what you do really doesn't affect my game play. But you are running good players and good friends away from the game. Could you accept that you've made your point, and move on?
Trilix

Post by Trilix »

flortz3 wrote:As I just wrote in another post, it's great to see players buying levels as it means money for Creator to keep on improving the game...

However, these high levels do lead to some PvP issues and such... so perhaps the best way to handle it is with a tiered leveling scheme.

Once over level 500, you cannot attack players, even clan members, who are less than a level 500... then over 1000 same deal, etc, etc... In this way, you would limit the gain for becoming a level 1500 because: you're the only one, so you can't fight anyone...

This also limits incentive for players to spend large amounts of money on the game, which means less cash flow for the game Creator... so it's a mixed bag. There really isn't a simple answer...
i agree with flortz.   There should NOT be a cap on levels as it is your choice on how you spend your money BUT the idea of a tier after level 500 is a great idea. to continue with the clan and pvp spirit of the game, after 500 you can only attack a 200 lvl difference, so it will incentive a 300/400 lvl to train hard or buy levels and at same time give peace to other lower levels to play the game at their pace. of course if lower level attack, higher can retaliate as it is now.
to implement that, after lvl 300 ur nick should change color so u now ure in the higher warfare status.
Trilix - archer - (the first one)
Grindix - mage - (the good one)
magix - mage - (the bad one)
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

im developing a new combat system right now. it will be more linear. so every lvlgives u another advantage and lvl1000 x3 vs lvl1500 i.e. would be fun again.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
ayc

Post by ayc »

The word "limits" doesn't stop at lvl limits only.
Magix bought these levels and has rights just as any other player as well.
Limits goes with other things too,keeping any high lvl rights.
For example,
magix wouldn't be able to join normal spawn parties,since it wont be fair for others..but he deserves one too..
So the solution for this one would be special spawn parties for specific group of lvls..lvl 50-150.150-250.250-500.and 500+
Lvl groups are only examples,no steps are done yet.
This way,it's fair for all (from spawn parties side).
Alts:
DeathWish (dwarf)
Storm (archer)
Mysterious (mage)
krom23

Post by krom23 »

I agree completely and this works for the pvp side as well
Azok

Post by Azok »

I for one would absolutely love to once again have fair pvp. A good battle is very enjoyable i think :-)
[Game Mod]
Im here to help, If you're ever having trouble feel free to PM me
Azok-Moderator Account
Death-White Mage-Lvl 48
Azog-Dark Dwarf-Lvl 79
Skeleton-Swordsman-Lvl 112
Azok

Post by Azok »

Also a pvp only map just like every other mmorpg in the Universe has would be great :D
[Game Mod]
Im here to help, If you're ever having trouble feel free to PM me
Azok-Moderator Account
Death-White Mage-Lvl 48
Azog-Dark Dwarf-Lvl 79
Skeleton-Swordsman-Lvl 112
sandspur32

Post by sandspur32 »

I say no limit on level buying. But I agree that there should be class and level specific spawn parties. I also think... just for fairness... there should be level restrictions on PvP. How fair is it to let a level 1500 mage smack down a level 500 or less player? And how much fun can a level 1500 mage have fighting level 500's and below?
If, say, 5 level 200 players (cumulative level of 1000) could team up against a level 1500, it would be better for all. That is to say that a solo fighter or a team must be within a certain range of level [s] to PvP. That would keep it fair, and challenging for all.
Baba Yaga

Post by Baba Yaga »

sandspur32 wrote:Guys, call me crazy, but isn't this just a game? I'm just thinking some people are taking it a little too seriously. Magix  you have spent a ridiculous amount of money to attain god status... for what? Great, you help support the game... but just to go running around ruining the fun for others, then ranting like a mad man about it on the forum.
Of course, the creator would be a fool to give your money back, and remove you from the game. He makes good, legitimate money from it. And what you do really doesn't affect my game play. But you are running good players and good friends away from the game. Could you accept that you've made your point, and move on?
I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley...
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)
sandspur32

Post by sandspur32 »

Baba Yaga wrote:
sandspur32 wrote:Guys, call me crazy, but isn't this just a game? I'm just thinking some people are taking it a little too seriously. Magix  you have spent a ridiculous amount of money to attain god status... for what? Great, you help support the game... but just to go running around ruining the fun for others, then ranting like a mad man about it on the forum.
I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley...
Ok, Susan. Lol!