Why People Hate this Update:

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

nt300

Why People Hate this Update:

Post by nt300 »

People keep asking me and telling me, do you like this update? I say absolutely not. They say the same thing, they are frustrated about this update.

Many complain about the very fact they choose a certain character due to how the game was before update, and worked hard to level that character day and night, while having fun. They also tell me, now that we have update, it feels as if all that hard work leveling went to waist, because now the character they choose is no longer suited for this update. They tell me its a waist of time now.

Here is my take on the matter:
Its because I believe this update wrecked the game,  plain and simple. PvP be Damned, I joined this game for PvM fun, not PvP.
This Update took away too many things from the original style which we all liked and why we joined in the 1st place. The original game play made us make choices in what "type of Character" to level.

Unfortunately, the Swordsman, Ogre and Dwarf have become obsolete with this new update geared toward PvP. All 3 have received the "Short End of the Stick" by far. And I will continue to preach this until my face turns red. Because its the truth.

We've been losing many good players as of late, and I am even thinking of selling my lvl 220 Swordsman. Because at the time, it was a great Character and was strong enough for both PvM and PvP. Now the Swordsman is a weak character due to this update. They are now completely useless (FACT) in PvP. At least B4 I had the ability to keep myself alive via strong ARMOUR and enough HP to either escape a situation and/or perhaps try and get a sword attack in.  

I worked super hard to build up my Swordsman to lvl 220, and this update returned him to how it was when he was lvl 100 or less. This is the issue, and I continue to wait for this "So Called" magic "Update" Creator & Gandolf keep talking about where Melee Players will no longer get the short end of the stick.

Where is this update? and perhaps it would have been better to update the game in a complete manner, so nobody is left out.

Anyhow this is my legitimate and well deserved rant. I call upon all melee players to post why they dislike this update, despite my quick summery.

Thank You,

(To Creator: Just to let you know both Archer & Mage classes always freeze/slow attack melee players due to the FACT melee players can NEVER get an attack in. They understand this flaw and abuse it as much as possible. Your latest update just ensured this abuse continue, but this time to kill Melee players a lot easier now, whether you are in Clan OR Not. A low Level Archer can NOW Kill a High Level Melee Player. And all the melee can do is just log off)
TIME LORD
Currently In Ancient Greece, Athens.
GrindMaul

Re: Why People Hate this Update:

Post by GrindMaul »

Only thing missing is the no regen issue.....thats all i will add..
Leone

Post by Leone »

nt300 wrote:People keep asking me and telling me, do you like this update? I say absolutely not. They say the same thing, they are frustrated about this update.

Many complain about the very fact they choose a certain character due to how the game was before update, and worked hard to level that character day and night, while having fun. They also tell me, now that we have update, it feels as if all that hard work leveling went to waist, because now the character they choose is no longer suited for this update. They tell me its a waist of time now.

Here is my take on the matter:
Its because I believe this update wrecked the game,  plain and simple. PvP be Damned, I joined this game for PvM fun, not PvP.
This Update took away too many things from the original style which we all liked and why we joined in the 1st place. The original game play made us make choices in what "type of Character" to level.

Unfortunately, the Swordsman, Ogre and Dwarf have become obsolete with this new update geared toward PvP. All 3 have received the "Short End of the Stick" by far. And I will continue to preach this until my face turns red. Because its the truth.

We've been losing many good players as of late, and I am even thinking of selling my lvl 220 Swordsman. Because at the time, it was a great Character and was strong enough for both PvM and PvP. Now the Swordsman is a weak character due to this update. They are now completely useless (FACT) in PvP. At least B4 I had the ability to keep myself alive via strong ARMOUR and enough HP to either escape a situation and/or perhaps try and get a sword attack in.  

I worked super hard to build up my Swordsman to lvl 220, and this update returned him to how it was when he was lvl 100 or less. This is the issue, and I continue to wait for this "So Called" magic "Update" Creator & Gandolf keep talking about where Melee Players will no longer get the short end of the stick.

Where is this update? and perhaps it would have been better to update the game in a complete manner, so nobody is left out.

Anyhow this is my legitimate and well deserved rant. I call upon all melee players to post why they dislike this update, despite my quick summery.

Thank You,

(To Creator: Just to let you know both Archer & Mage classes always freeze/slow attack melee players due to the FACT melee players can NEVER get an attack in. They understand this flaw and abuse it as much as possible. Your latest update just ensured this abuse continue, but this time to kill Melee players a lot easier now, whether you are in Clan OR Not. A low Level Archer can NOW Kill a High Level Melee Player. And all the melee can do is just log off)
Absolutely agree with all of this. Excellent points. I keep harping on about melee players having ranged attacks (yep - I get bored of it but we don't stand a chance otherwise) but the fact is, we shouldn't need this! Anyway for the moment, please...give melee classes ranged attacks. Thx.
nt300

Post by nt300 »

"but the fact is, we shouldn't need (Ranged Attacks) this! "

Your single point pretty much explains the frustration melee are having. Not to mention, how un-balanced melee still are, and how melee continue to be at a great disadvantage.
TIME LORD
OLD BALLS

Post by OLD BALLS »

I completely like the update. Reason is it forces good pvp teamwork. But I think swordsman should get bonus on crafting. Think 50% faster rate mining using first skill is good idea. Perhaps more tapping needed?
nt300

Post by nt300 »

OLD BALLS wrote:I completely like the update. Reason is it forces good pvp teamwork. But I think swordsman should get bonus on crafting. Think 50% faster rate mining using first skill is good idea. Perhaps more tapping needed?
If you are a Archer and/or Mage in a CLAN, then yes you would like the update. But anyway I've explained the issues in my 1st post.
TIME LORD
OLD BALLS

Post by OLD BALLS »

Have two swordsmans.
Cleopatra

new update doesn't give me a problem

Post by Cleopatra »

I have at least one of each class no mod assistance! I grind on them with no problem. sure yes it's a little bit more team work but I don't understand the big deal about complaining  :roll: 
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
zapstrap

Post by zapstrap »

As a high level swordsman (level 318) I agree with nt300 100 percent. In PvP, mages simply use slow spell followed by green spell until I die. I rarely get a chance to even touch them with my sword. Yes Cleopatra I can grind monsters with my swordsman. A bit harder but I can deal with it like everyone else . It's the PvP that is a major problem now. I just lost my rare level 200 armour and I am very frustrated now. We have higher hp but not enough to counteract the slow spell/green spell combo that kills me every time. I just want to compete not dominate (against mages). If I die in a fair PvP battle I am fine with that. The only solution is to improve the skills of the swordsman. Sandspur, nt300 and others have put forth many good ideas to even up the balance issue. I suggest making the freeze sword a ranged skill on targeted opponents. Reducing or eliminating the 10% dmg of the fire sword and make the 4th skill (lvl 160 one) a temporary repellent to green spell. Thx
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

hi zap,

i share your concerns. i tried different melee chars the last days and they have no chance. only if another mage or archer slow/freeze the ranged classes, i can get close and land a kill probably.

because of the lost item - PM me.

because of the problem we have atm: we have a good solution for it, we only need to code it. because creator is the only coder and he did a lot of work with the new server last days (and i think it was worth it), it will take some days till its implemented. for sure not weeks!!! i guess next weekend we have a totally fixed pvp system ingame ;)
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German