Why People Hate this Update:

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: Why People Hate this Update:

Post by blitzcraig »

Looking forward to fixes for the melee characters :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Lysol

Post by Lysol »

My sword is getting killed by mages and archers half my level and i cant get one hit in its very frustrating.
flortz3

Post by flortz3 »

How about a chance that freeze arrow and slow spell have no effect. Like use the dex formula for hitting (the -5/+5 thing) and for crying out loud a cool down period for the slow spell and (if its not already for the freeze arrow) the freeze arrow.

With a chance of the freeze or slow NOT working and a cooldown, melee players should have some better chance. And at high level, pvm shouldnt be hampered too badly with this same setup.
Q U E E N

Post by Q U E E N »

Pvp No.1 mage
No.2archer
No.3swordman,orge~
Leone

Post by Leone »

flortz3 wrote:How about a chance that freeze arrow and slow spell have no effect. Like use the dex formula for hitting (the -5/+5 thing) and for crying out loud a cool down period for the slow spell and (if its not already for the freeze arrow) the freeze arrow.

With a chance of the freeze or slow NOT working and a cooldown, melee players should have some better chance. And at high level, pvm shouldnt be hampered too badly with this same setup.
agreed...a freeze/slow attack on an already slow player is the first key. The 2nd(ok I'll say again) is we need ranged attacks.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I've got limited experience with melee pvp, so tell me what you think of this: change freeze arrow to slow arrow.  Next, make it so when a player is attacked by melee, he/she cannot get away (if you run away, the melee attacker automatically follows and continues attacking at half rate of speed) ... Mage and archer would be hard to get a hold of, but if you do they are in big trouble!  (kinda follows the "real life" logic of fantasy gaming)

I know ranged attacks would be easier to implement, but then everybody is kinda the same...this might even things out while maintaining uniqueness if class... Again, melee pvp'ers what do you think?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
nt300

Post by nt300 »

blitzcraig wrote:I've got limited experience with melee pvp, so tell me what you think of this: change freeze arrow to slow arrow.  Next, make it so when a player is attacked by melee, he/she cannot get away (if you run away, the melee attacker automatically follows and continues attacking at half rate of speed) ... Mage and archer would be hard to get a hold of, but if you do they are in big trouble!  (kinda follows the "real life" logic of fantasy gaming)

I know ranged attacks would be easier to implement, but then everybody is kinda the same...this might even things out while maintaining uniqueness if class... Again, melee  pvp'ers what do you think?
In this respect, all melee would need higher HP and better Armour ratio. But we'll see what the Creator has in store for us.
TIME LORD
Currently In Ancient Greece, Athens.
Secular

Post by Secular »

blitzcraig wrote:I've got limited experience with melee pvp, so tell me what you think of this: change freeze arrow to slow arrow.  Next, make it so when a player is attacked by melee, he/she cannot get away (if you run away, the melee attacker automatically follows and continues attacking at half rate of speed) ... Mage and archer would be hard to get a hold of, but if you do they are in big trouble!  (kinda follows the "real life" logic of fantasy gaming)

I know ranged attacks would be easier to implement, but then everybody is kinda the same...this might even things out while maintaining uniqueness if class... Again, melee  pvp'ers what do you think?
Really in support of Blitzcraig's solution here.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer