F this game

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

~Smokey~

Re: F this game

Post by ~Smokey~ »

Heres an idea...make a weapon for melee character to do ranged attack..like throwing knives...then when not ingaged in pvp they can switch back to a sword
nt300

Post by nt300 »

compbatant wrote:But disabling hp regen was applied to all classes not melee only so why do you think that only melee is now weaker?
What is needed is something different. Melee needs some skill, potion etc to be able to catch faster classes like mage or archer.
You clearly still do not get the problem. All classes have there strengths and weaknesses.

All have their advantages and disadvantages, it all comes down to preference.
Archers SHOULD HAVE long range, transperent sneak attacks & kills and "super" speed walk/run, but Low HP.
Swordsman SHOULD HAVE have "super" high hp, high hp Re-Gen, high armour & high tanking skills, but normal walk/run. But also have ability to stun, and have skills like Long Range Fire Ball/ice attacks.
Mages SHOULD HAVE sheer firepower, walk/run speed & high Mana Re-Gen, but very low hp. Mages should also have more spell variety and have ability to equipt up to 5 spells. Consider an invinsibility spell for example.

Yes this is pretty much based on the The Elder Scrolls series. But each class needs to be balanced by there strengths and weaknesses. The way you made it is the complete opposite. Your numbered formulas are flawed. And until you understand this, nothing will change.

If a Mage for example has 20k hp at say lvl 150, then a sowrdsman should have over 100k hp for that same level. And I will again repeat what I've said before, Armour is useless. I tested this, took all my armour OFF and tried to tank in the South Map. I used a Stop Watch, I lasted the Exact Same Time without Armour than with my Armour equipped.

So yes Armour is useless in this game for some reason.
TIME LORD
Currently In Ancient Greece, Athens.
zapstrap

Post by zapstrap »

compbatant wrote:But disabling hp regen was applied to all classes not melee only so why do you think that only melee is now weaker?
What is needed is something different. Melee needs some skill, potion etc to be able to catch faster classes like mage or archer.
One easy solution is to make the freeze sword a ranged weapon. This way when you target an opponent and activate the skill he/she would be frozen in place temporarily like the archers freeze arrow. It is too hard to freeze someone currently. This would allow me to catch an opponent and reduce the effect of green spell. As nt300 said it is very annoying to be slow spelled/ green spelled until you die or log without even touching your opponent. I think the current freeze sword is "chance" to hit meaning even if I am next to him I don't always hit?
Throwing knives might also be effective as a future added skill.
Also please take off the 10% penalty of the fire sword - you could reduce damage inflicted if needed to 25-30 %?
Secular also suggested making all classes the same walking speed in pvp. I like this idea.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Allow me to state the melee classes pvp issue another way: a level 1 mage or archer would eventually kill (or force to log) a level 1,000 melee. Sure, it'd take a super long time, but unless the archer/mage messed up and got too close, he'd eventually win...this was not the case before because the melee would Regen faster than mage/archer could damage... Hope this helps ;)

For the record, I still think disabling Regen during pvp is good (though should apply to mana IMO too) but the melee classes NEED a way to engage (leap/thrust would engage without making everybody the same with range) .. Also, the "auto-folloWing" idea could work too I think.... And, as mentioned by others, everybody being same speed would simplify things.
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Thefallen

Post by Thefallen »

Secular wrote:I like the idea of Blitzcraig's solution previously.

Enable a feature, that when attacking an opponent and they attempt to flee, your character auto-follows them at the same walking speed AS your opponent. You would only be swinging at half-the-rate of speed if they are moving and full speed standing still. This would solve it all, and not derive from the true meaning of 'swordsman', giving them a ranged weapon to use solely in PvP is too easy IMO...

I think another huge step we all have to agree upon to make PvP balanced is giving all classes the same walking speed.

I like this idea of in PvP the walking speed of both Characters are set equal. I have seen a lot of "hit and run" deaths to the melee class from faster classes. And the auto follow feature is a great idea as well.
Like Cephissus, I am a man Bound
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

PvP request would sort this out.
but I like the idea of matching walking speed and automatically following them for swordsmen..
I also think mages have been weakened too much even since I started playing.
Sir.d0nQuix0te

Post by Sir.d0nQuix0te »

I like the idea of restoring hp of melee they aught b much tougher. Also give them invisibilty potion. If not for their actual character, atvleast to remove dot from mini map. Invisibility :) regen, hp restored for this class. MELEE
Sir.d0nQuix0te

Post by Sir.d0nQuix0te »

Alot complain cuz sore losers, lke me. But this concern is real and as lvl 350 archer i think a melee character that cant catch me should b able to survive. Maybe make archer or mage retarget them after using a skill or spell once
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

ranged mellee is not mellee but....

with the ninja skin a jump attack which jumps(the mellee to to the target and hits would be logical.

it solves the chasing problem when the skill is active.

dwarfs could have higer hp and arm again

swordsman autofollow as skill.

ogres get high speed because of long legs, low dex (they miss a lot, not too smart), high arm

just some ideas to mame mellee interesting but diversified.
Unit123

Post by Unit123 »

Who got these accounts anyway?
Contact me for any help