Why does this game reward negative behaviour?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Piffl / El Majo

Re: Why does this game reward negative behaviour?

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

magix , magixx , magixxx wrote:NO CLAN NO PVP best solution.
if not in a clan u cant attack them , or they cant att u , and let the clans fight there battles :ugeek:

and the solo people have there grinding,

can understand how its .... wen someone lower then u attacks u wen red etc
Suggestion: if at least one of the players does not have clan, the button to initiate pvp could send a challenge that can be accepted by the another player or refused. If it is refused, there is not possible pvp.
Of course, if the two players have clan, the rules follow as now.
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
WEST HAM

The wrong people are listening

Post by WEST HAM »

Hi piffl

I seem to remember you making a similar comment on a similar post i made many moons ago.

It is nice to have the backing of a Game Admin and a Senior Mod (Cleo) who admits she just logs off when attacked and then plays an alt :-(

The PVP outside clan and the making people outlaws for defending themselves arguments seem to just go around and around get ignored by the people who can make the changes!! they dont even bother to reply and say why we have to have PVP outside of clans

If they don't agree fine but at least explain why??

remember this thread? "why outlaws cry when they get killed"
Piffl / El Majo wrote:
WEST HAM wrote:how about a 1 minute delay to dropping clan?   if you can't kill in 1 minute you need a bigger weapon :-)
A very good suggestion. I agree.
As usual all the suggestions were ignored and you were the last person to make a sensible comment.

I have always promoted the pvp request way of doing things but think i am now swaying towards the switching it on or off like the sound and the joystick in the settings before you log on.
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

Azok wrote:hi David, The pvp system is CONSTANTLY being worked on with new things added almost everyday.
these things take time, please be patient and bare with it.
Also its not the best solution but declanning should save you from a lot of pvp :/
hope this helps, -Azok
You can work on PVP until hell freezes over but some of us just want to opt out!!
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

westham, we never forgot it but fixed so many other things too. server migrations, crafting. before low hp it was no issue so it was very low priority on ourlist. its high ranked now.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

Thanks for your reply Gandalf

Dont take this personally as when we first started discussing this you were not the game admin just a lowly mod :-)

I go out of my way to support you guys and appreciate you have been busy recently but i am sure my first post on this was over a year ago and it is a subject that really annoys me especially when i see more and more people saying the same things as me and not even a reply from the creation team

At least now i know you have seen the posts and are looking at it :-)

I can sleep easy tonight knowing that the main man has it all under his control :-)

Seriously your efforts are appreciated as are any free levels/items you wish to throw my way :-)

Bye for now happy gaming all (well most of you)
HAMMERBITE

Post by HAMMERBITE »

UNLEASH THE WEST HAM ARMY AND BRING IT TO HAMBERGER, I WANNA SEE WHAT U CAN DO BUDDY
JayG

Post by JayG »

Hi West,

As has been covered by the staff already, we ARE looking to fix this issue. We understand your frustration and we are always striving to keep the game as fun and fair as possible.

To go back to why pvp outside of clan is and should always be available (hopefully with pvp request, that has my backing) - if your remember back before clans were added, there was always pvp ingame and it would change the whole game dynamics to remove non clan pvp altogether.

Its not as simple as "we are protecting non clan pvp." We are trying to implement the right changes in the correct way, so as not to change the whole dynamic of the game. Please be patient and rest assured that the issue you are having IS being dealt with in the background, but making the correct changes to game takes some planning.

I hope this goes some way to answering your question and making you feel a bit better in the knowledge that we are always working in the background to resolve your issues, even if it takes us a little while. :)

Thanks for your input and see you ingame.
inactive Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules

Languages Spoken: English
WEST HAM

Post by WEST HAM »

Thanks for the response guys (even though this was not my thread) does anyone know who david icke is in the game??

I don't want to ban PVP!!

i am sure there are many out there that love it and i don't want to ruin the game for them.

i just want the option to turn it off for me.

i am starting to think that the attack request button would be spam abused as are the clan and friend request buttons so turning of PVP in settings would be a better way of doing it (maybe we can turn of clan requests there as well :-) )

Maybe have both so i can turn off PVP totally but those who leave it on can still say ok to the PVP requests
JayG wrote:To go back to why pvp outside of clan is and should always be available (hopefully with pvp request, that has my backing) - if your remember back before clans were added, there was always pvp ingame and it would change the whole game dynamics to remove non clan pvp altogether.
LOL we are not all as old as Gandalf (rumour has it he was 234 last weekend) :-)

i was a little bit late to the party as clans were already here when i found the online game, i was playing offline.

I remember you were the first mod i talked to and the first mod to attack me (for a laugh) i still have the mental scars :-)
JayG wrote:I hope this goes some way to answering your question and making you feel a bit better in the knowledge that we are always working in the background to resolve your issues, even if it takes us a little while.
Yes it does Jayg and thanks for responding, for about a year know this stuff has been discussed and seems to have a lot of support from players and mods but it had never received any acknowledgment that it was being looked at, now we all know that it is.
HAMMERBITE wrote:UNLEASH THE WEST HAM ARMY AND BRING IT TO HAMBERGER, I WANNA SEE WHAT U CAN DO BUDDY
HI HMMERBITE ltns

where have you been hiding havent seen you in the game for a long time

Maybe i will set up a little WEST HAM ambush just for you :-)

see you all in the game
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

sorry i didnt respond sooner.....ive been away from signal so havent ben able to connect.
some very interesting comments.
Clearly its being looked at for which I thank you.
I completely agree with it being a request or an option to turn off in the settings...either or both of those options would be excellent.

This game has made leaps and bounds since I first started playing....best of all so far being the drop in the amount of xp you lose when you die.....20percent REALLY annoyed me when low level as it was difficult to level. that was fixed thankfully and made the game much more enjoyable.
i think when this issue is fixed it will bring a nicer environment for people to play in rather then people going round stealing from other players and then being hated until eventually they're forced to play an alt because they're hated so much as I've seen happen.

BTW West Ham, I play as DavidIcke. and. SerjTankian
Secular

Post by Secular »

Having a disable/enable PvP option in the settings like some have mentioned here, seems like a far-fetched idea to me. Imagine two or more players battling it out somewhere in the realm, if one came close to death, he or she would just quickly back out of the game, disable PvP and then become immune. That seems a little ridiculous, don't you think? Something like this has a great potential for abuse.

How I like to think of the situation is, you're in the wilderness and you're fighting some of the most ferocious beasts to ever walk this plane of existence - there are people of different alignments; some are lawful good, some are true neutral and others are... chaotic evil. The best you can do is to prepare yourself, you should have no problem fighting back or escaping death unless you AFK train.
Last edited by Secular on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer